WEEK 4 PROJECTION vs. RESULTS
Final Score: 11-49, Wisconsin by 38 over Michigan
SP+ Projection: Wisconsin by 9.8 (-28.2)
CD Projection: Wisconsin by 17 (-21)
WEEK 4 RECAP vs. Wisconsin
Michigan fans were dispirited heading into this game, and somehow feel worse limping out of it. It’s time to figure out what the plan for 2021 is, I think. I will keep the analysis brief, because I am not one to blow smoke.
Offensively, I will summarize like this: both of Michigan’s scoring drives happened while the scoreboard determined that it was technically garbage time. 28-0 in the 3rd quarter, Jim Harbaugh was forced to send Quinn Nordin in to kick a mercy field goal on 4th & 10. By the time Cade McNamara hit three chunk plays through the air in the 4th quarter, it was 35-3 and those stats will also be removed from the data.
Defensively, at least the problems tonight were different than the last two weeks…? The corners finally looked serviceable, but with both Kwity Paye and Aidan Hutchinson out, the Wolverines failed to set an edge from start to finish. RBs and WRs rushed the ball outside with ease. When the Badgers did need to throw, Graham Mertz found easy connections in the flat where LBs could not cover.
It’s extremely frustrating to look less prepared than the team that had their last two games canceled during a 10-day shutdown due to a COVID breakout. I don’t know what the right answer is, but it’s time to start asking the hard questions.115020-Game-4-Wisconsin-49-Michigan-11
- Michigan 17 Penn State 27 – Week 6 Recap - November 28, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 6 vs. Penn State - November 25, 2020
- Michigan 48 Rutgers 42 – Week 5 Recap - November 22, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 5 @ Rutgers - November 18, 2020
- Michigan 11 Wisconsin 49 – Week 4 Recap - November 14, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 4 vs. Wisconsin - November 13, 2020
- Michigan 21 Indiana 38 – Week 3 Recap - November 7, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 3 @ Indiana - November 5, 2020
- 2020 Game 2 — Michigan 24 Michigan State 27 – Week 2 Recap - October 31, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 2 vs. Michigan State - October 28, 2020