WEEK 1 PROJECTION vs. RESULTS
Final Score: 49-24, Michigan by 25 over Minnesota
SP+ Projection: Minnesota by 3 (+28)
CD Projection: Michigan by 4 (+21)
WEEK 1 RECAP @ Minnesota
Overall, this was Michigan’s best road performance since 2018 in East Lansing.
On offense Michigan flexed their muscle on the offensive line. The Wolverines are deep at running back. It looks like the back will be selected based on how and where Josh Gattis wants to attack. Tight end Erick All flashed some promise in the absence of Nick Eubanks, but dropped a touchdown down the middle.
The Michigan defense helped their own cause by scoring a 1st quarter touchdown as Donovan Jeter plucked Tanner Morgan’s fumble from mid-air and ran it in from 15 yards out. The fumble was forced by viper Michael Barrett on a edge blitz. Barrett was everywhere for the Wolverines. It took a while to get going, but Kwity Paye, Aiden Hutchinson, and Carlo Kemp finally got to the quarterback in the 2nd half.
There were some scary moments on special teams, including an opening blocked punt that set up Minnesota’s first score. Jake Moody also missed all three field goal attempts. However, Michael Barrett did explode for a huge 65-yard kickoff return setting up a Joe Milton touchdown pass to Ben Mason.
I think we all expected some rocky moments, and some hiccups. They were present, but I am personally very impressed with how Michigan showed poise and executed on the road, at night, on national TV.2020_1025_Game1_Michigan49_Minnesota24_Stats
- Michigan 17 Penn State 27 – Week 6 Recap - November 28, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 6 vs. Penn State - November 25, 2020
- Michigan 48 Rutgers 42 – Week 5 Recap - November 22, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 5 @ Rutgers - November 18, 2020
- Michigan 11 Wisconsin 49 – Week 4 Recap - November 14, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 4 vs. Wisconsin - November 13, 2020
- Michigan 21 Indiana 38 – Week 3 Recap - November 7, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 3 @ Indiana - November 5, 2020
- 2020 Game 2 — Michigan 24 Michigan State 27 – Week 2 Recap - October 31, 2020
- By the Numbers: Week 2 vs. Michigan State - October 28, 2020