Every offseason I spend time watching and re-watching games from the past Michigan football season.
While preparing for the Capital One Bowl, the realization hit me that none of what I was watching has any bearing on the future of Michigan football.
Every coach except for one is gone next season.
On offense, it should come as no surprise that receivers Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington have departed for the NFL. QB Chad Henne, RB Mike Hart, and OL Jake Long have exhausted their eligibility. QB heir apparent Ryan Mallett, who filled in this season when Henne was injured, has decided to transfer rather than try and fit his skills into the spread offense.
It is completely possible that along with a new offensive philosophy we may see different starters at every position the next time a Wolverine QB snaps the ball.
And while I’m excited about the potential of the spread offense, Michigan fans are facing the great unknown.
Even Michigan Stadium will be vastly different as the largest renovation in its history has begun.
Ground has been broken on the new indoor practice facility and football weight room has been cleared out in preparation for new equipment.
Forget everything you’ve come to know about Michigan football.
Between the coaching change and facility upgrades we are oberving on the greatest periods of change in the history of Michigan football.
Are you ready?
- Podcast – The Day After – John Beilein Departs… - May 14, 2019
- Michigan Spring Game Photos - April 13, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Spills the Depth Chart, Injury Update, QBs, and more… - April 3, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Spring Practice Begins… - March 18, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Commentary- Jim Harbaugh vs Lloyd Carr - January 30, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Commentary- Enter Josh Gattis, Offensive Coordinator… - January 15, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Commentary- Exit Greg Mattison, Now We’ve Got Bad Blood… - January 8, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Commentary- Peach Bowl Leaves Bitter Taste - January 1, 2019
- 2018 Michigan Football Postgame Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Peach Bowl Florida 41 Michigan 15 “I thought they were ready” - December 31, 2018
- 2018 Michigan Football Game Photos– Peach Bowl Florida 41 Michigan 15 - December 29, 2018