Every offseason I spend time watching and re-watching games from the past Michigan football season.
While preparing for the Capital One Bowl, the realization hit me that none of what I was watching has any bearing on the future of Michigan football.
Every coach except for one is gone next season.
On offense, it should come as no surprise that receivers Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington have departed for the NFL. QB Chad Henne, RB Mike Hart, and OL Jake Long have exhausted their eligibility. QB heir apparent Ryan Mallett, who filled in this season when Henne was injured, has decided to transfer rather than try and fit his skills into the spread offense.
It is completely possible that along with a new offensive philosophy we may see different starters at every position the next time a Wolverine QB snaps the ball.
And while I’m excited about the potential of the spread offense, Michigan fans are facing the great unknown.
Even Michigan Stadium will be vastly different as the largest renovation in its history has begun.
Ground has been broken on the new indoor practice facility and football weight room has been cleared out in preparation for new equipment.
Forget everything you’ve come to know about Michigan football.
Between the coaching change and facility upgrades we are oberving on the greatest periods of change in the history of Michigan football.
Are you ready?
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– By the Numbers – Final Citrus Bowl Thoughts - January 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Photos- Citrus Bowl Alabama 35 Michigan 16 - January 3, 2020
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Citrus Bowl Post Game Press Conference - January 1, 2020
- Podcast– 20 Years of Michigan Basketball Coverage - December 28, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Ohio State Crushes Michigan…Again, WR Tarik Black Departs, Alabama On Deck… - December 13, 2019
- Podcast– Players Game 12 Ohio State Press Conference – Shea Patterson- From Day One It’s Been a Dream Come True to Play Football for the University of Michigan… - December 1, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Photos- Game 12 Ohio State 56 Michigan 27 - November 30, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Game 12 Ohio State Press Conference – Jim Harbaugh- I’ll Answer Your Questions But Not Your Insults… - November 30, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Why Michigan Will Beat the Buckeyes- Indiana Wrap-up, Game 12 Ohio State Preview - November 27, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Ohio State Week, Ohio State Wants to Know if There will be Potato Salad on Game Day… - November 25, 2019