Things would have very different if Michigan had beaten Ohio State and won the national championship last season.
Things might have been different if Michigan hadn’t lost to Appalachian State this season.
Things might have been different if Mike Hart and Chad Henne hadn’t been injured for most of this season.
But things have worked out for the best.
The last three seasons Michigan has a 26-11 record. For many teams that would be acceptable- but not in Ann Arbor.
We’ve seen traditional powers Notre Dame and Nebraska tarnish their tradition. We’ve seen Ohio State become the dominant power in the Big Ten.
This trend coupled with the retirement of Head Coach Lloyd Carr has created something of a crisis situation in Ann Arbor.
It’s time for a change.
Rich Rodriguez represents a seismic shift in the firmament in Michigan Football.
And Rodriguez will need to show results immediately.
There are a lot of people in the Michigan family who are still irked that Les Miles won’t be the next coach in Ann Arbor.
There are other people who aren’t happy that most of Lloyd’s staff has been let go.
Rodriguez will also be making more money than other coach the history of Michigan football.
He had a good record in West Virginia but Michigan fans only care about what he does here in Ann Arbor.
I wonder if Rich Rodriguez is having second thoughts.
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– By the Numbers – Final Citrus Bowl Thoughts - January 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Photos- Citrus Bowl Alabama 35 Michigan 16 - January 3, 2020
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Citrus Bowl Post Game Press Conference - January 1, 2020
- Podcast– 20 Years of Michigan Basketball Coverage - December 28, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Ohio State Crushes Michigan…Again, WR Tarik Black Departs, Alabama On Deck… - December 13, 2019
- Podcast– Players Game 12 Ohio State Press Conference – Shea Patterson- From Day One It’s Been a Dream Come True to Play Football for the University of Michigan… - December 1, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Photos- Game 12 Ohio State 56 Michigan 27 - November 30, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Game 12 Ohio State Press Conference – Jim Harbaugh- I’ll Answer Your Questions But Not Your Insults… - November 30, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Why Michigan Will Beat the Buckeyes- Indiana Wrap-up, Game 12 Ohio State Preview - November 27, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Ohio State Week, Ohio State Wants to Know if There will be Potato Salad on Game Day… - November 25, 2019