“Have you ever had to talk to the person you love most?Two-Face (Harvey Dent)
To tell them it’s going to be all right, when you know that it’s not?”
Phil’s Game Grades
So Michigan was cruising along up 28-0 at halftime and then roof fell in…only to wake-up in the 4th quarter to make it appear like a more comfortable win then it was…
Offense- The first half looked like a Michigan clinic on running the football, but the wheels fell off until a 4th quarter surge put the game away. Another bad turnover gave Illinois life…The Wolverines are 126th in nation in lost fumbles (only one team has lost more).
Defense – The Michigan defense allowed Illinois to score 18 points between 0:55 of the 2nd quarter and 12:50 of the 4th quarter. This was the first start for redshirt freshman QB Matt Robinson.
Special Teams – The wind played havoc with the kicking game but field goals weren’t needed in this game.
Coaching – Michigan needed an easy win, they need to get backup players some reps in the 4th quarter. Instead a disappearing act in the 3rd quarter only raised more questions about the focus of this team.
Comments – The first half of the season is over. Next up is a 6 game gauntlet unlike any in recent Michigan football history. Michigan’s 5 wins are versus teams with a combined 12-14 record, the next 6 teams they play are 27-9. Those games include 3 teams who are ranked in the top 10 nationally and an instate rival who would like nothing better than to upset the Wolverines at home (again). Michigan’s offense and defense have been inconsistent from game to game and even quarter to quarter.
Each of the next 6 games will be a measuring stick for Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines. There is nowhere to hide and nowhere to run but straight through the fire…
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Indiana Week, You Can’t Plant Potatoes One Day and Expect Potato Salad the Next Day… - November 18, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Photos- Game 10 Michigan 44 michigan state 10 - November 16, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Game 10 Michigan State Postgame Press Conference – Jim Harbaugh is Really Happy About Beating Michigan State - November 16, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Game 10 MSU Preview - November 14, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – MSU Week, RB Chris Evans will Return Next Season and on High Alert for MSU… - November 11, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Covering the Wolverines as “New Media” - November 6, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Game 9 Maryland Preview, Notre Dame Wrap-up - October 30, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Maryland Week, [On Enemies] People Who Choose not to tell the Truth… - October 28, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Photos- Game 8 Michigan 45 Notre Dame 14 - October 27, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Game 8 Notre Dame Postgame Press Conference – Our guys really relish playing in this game - October 26, 2019