“When you’re down with your back against the wall you have to fight.”Michigan Head Coach Jim Harbaugh
Phil’s Game Grades
So that’s what the offense is supposed to look like…
Offense- Finally, the offense gets on track totaling 476 yards (141 rush, 335 pass) with the Wolverines leading at half 24-0 on the way to 52-0 drubbing. The huge thing is that Michigan only turned the ball over once.
Defense – The Michigan defense rebounded from last week’s embarrassment and shut Rutgers out.
Special Teams – Nice to see so many PATs.
Coaching – Josh Gattis moved from the booth to the sidelines and seemingly supercharged the Michigan offense. The offense finally showed fans what “speed in space” is supposed to look like.
Comments – Great way to rebound after last week but it was just Rutgers, a team that probably shouldn’t be in the Big Ten. Still Michigan put on an offensive show with QB Shea Patterson playing his best game of the season.
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Decoding the Jim Harbaugh Press Conference, The Big Ten Non-Conference Season, and More - July 23, 2020
- Big Ten Football Schedule Announcement - July 9, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference 7-8-20 - July 8, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Decoding the Don Brown Press Conference - June 2, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– RB/Special Teams Coach Jay Harbaugh Press Conference - May 29, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Defensive Coordinator Don Brown on the failure against Ohio State, “I don’t blame the players, you blame the old guy right here…” - May 21, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Decoding the Josh Gattis Press Conference- - May 19, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Offensive Coordinator Josh Gattis Press Conference- On the QB position, “There is no one out front…it’s an interesting battle.” - May 14, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Calls for Overhaul of College Football Player Eligibility - May 11, 2020
- Coronavirus Update — Do Your Part! - March 16, 2020