“We were outplayed, outprepared, outcoached.”Michigan Head Coach Jim Harbaugh
Phil’s Game Grades
Many expected a tough game, nobody expected a blowout that was essentially over at halftime.
Offense- Another game with Michigan searching for an offensive identity and turning the ball over (2 interceptions, 2 lost fumbles). Speed in space? The only speedy thing that Michigan does on offense is get off the field (Wolverine time of possession 18:53 to 41:07). The offensive line is a #$% show.
Defense – The Michigan defense was unable to stop the Badger running attack as Wisconsin ran for 200 yards on 30 carries while running up a 28-0 lead by halftime. Maybe Don Brown can deliver some snappy quotes to explain why his squad has lost its mojo.
Special Teams – Recovering the onsides kick in the 4th quarter was nice, but with the offense and defense both struggling this unit needed to provide a big kick or punt return to spark a rally.
Coaching – Another ugly loss. That makes three ugly losses in the last five games (Ohio State, Florida, Wisconsin), and an ugly win (Army). Things are not trending in a positive way in year five of the Harbaugh era.
Comments – The word I would use to describe the effort in this game is listless (definition: lacking energy or enthusiasm). For a coach whose motto is attacking every day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind, this is a problem.
Has Harbaugh lost this team?
The season is hanging in the balance.
- Michigan Football Game 6 – Game Grades – Michigan 42 Illinois 25 - October 13, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Game 6 Illinois Preview - October 9, 2019
- Michigan Football Game 5 – Game Grades – Michigan 10 Iowa 3 - October 7, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Illinois Week, The Offense is Fine and these aren’t the Droids You are Looking For… - October 7, 2019
- Podcast– Special Guest Brad Muckenthaler – Kicking the Tires on Michigan Football Under Jim Harbaugh - October 6, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Photos- Game 5 Michigan 10 Iowa 3 - October 5, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Game 5 Iowa Postgame Press Conference – A Defensive Masterpiece…The Offense Took What was There - October 5, 2019
- 2019 Michigan Football Podcast– Game 5 Iowa Preview - October 2, 2019
- Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Press Conference – Iowa Week - September 30, 2019
- Michigan Football Game 4 – Game Grades – Michigan 52 Rutgers 0 - September 29, 2019