“We got to get the well-oiled machine running.”Michigan Head Coach Jim Harbaugh
Phil’s Game Grades
Michigan very nearly was upset by the Black Knights. Not a pretty game.
Offense- Another great performance from freshman RB Zach Charbonnet (33 carries for 100 yards, 3 TDs) saved the day but 4 sacks and 3 fumbles made for a much tighter game than expected. QB Shea Patterson (19 for 29, 207 yards passing) looks unsteady in the new offense. I’m not convinced he’s not hurt…
Defense – Yeah, the defense got a bad call that negated a pick 6. Yeah, Army runs a non-conventional offense. But defensive coach Don Brown has said he’d been planning for this attack all off-season. Gulp…
Special Teams – Not a lot to say here, more to come as the Big Ten conference schedule begins after the bye week.
Coaching – The offense is still very rough, lots of concerns heading into the Big Ten schedule. Michigan will use the bye week to get healthy before heading on the road to play Wisconsin. Why didn’t Michigan use its size at wide receiver and go downfield more often? If QB Shea Patterson is hurt why not get Dylan McCaffrey more reps?
Comments – An ugly win is still a win but the dashboard has all kinds or warning lights on right now. Maybe once everything warms up they’ll go off…Hopefully.
- Big Ten Football Schedule Announcement - July 9, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Decoding the Don Brown Press Conference - June 2, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– RB/Special Teams Coach Jay Harbaugh Press Conference - May 29, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Defensive Coordinator Don Brown on the failure against Ohio State, “I don’t blame the players, you blame the old guy right here…” - May 21, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Decoding the Josh Gattis Press Conference- - May 19, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Offensive Coordinator Josh Gattis Press Conference- On the QB position, “There is no one out front…it’s an interesting battle.” - May 14, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– Jim Harbaugh Calls for Overhaul of College Football Player Eligibility - May 11, 2020
- Coronavirus Update — Do Your Part! - March 16, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– By the Numbers – Jim Harbaugh’s First 5 Seasons - February 24, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Podcast– By the Numbers – Final Citrus Bowl Thoughts - January 23, 2020