Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Chris Evans to return 2020 (rumor)

https://twitter.com/Kidnplay_abc123/status/1192514082160730113

players have been retweeting this since yesterday with things like "my boy's back" and "they freed my boy lets go" and some 2020 hashtags. nothing officially announced and probably won't hear anything until after he is enrolled and the season is over. However, given that early enrollment for Winter was this past week (at least for us at UM dearborn I assume Ann Arbor is similarly scheduled) It seems to time up that he was given the green light that he has fulfilled all the requirements of his academic suspension which was to end Jan 1, 2020, and has been readmitted to UM for the winter Semester and is now enrolled.

Comments

• I mean pit any football related depth chart talk aside-good for Evans. I mean he could of very easily given up, transferred, quit football, etc. 

so if he is returning for 2020 good for him for sticking with it and not giving up. Those are the types of players I want. 
  • From all I’ve heard about him over the years he’s a good kid.  Hopefully he’s back on track and if he’s able to return, great to hear.  Wish him the best.
  • I don’t know. Actions have consequences and if he wants to play football again, he should play at a lower division or attend a community school. If he wants to further his education at the University of Michigan, that’s fine but he should not be welcomed back onto the team.

Go Blue!!

P.S.  I now sound like TK and the get off my lawn guy…
  • I think he had his consequence of being off the team this year. 
  • I don’t know. Actions have consequences and if he wants to play football again, he should play at a lower division or attend a community school. If he wants to further his education at the University of Michigan, that’s fine but he should not be welcomed back onto the team.

Go Blue!!

P.S.  I now sound like TK and the get off my lawn guy…
    I do believe in High standards however I'm more of a believer than the standard of a person is what they do when they make a mistake and are down vs being a person who never made mistakes. we have kept players on the team who have done much worse than cheat on a test and unlike a lot of players who would have cut bait and went to the nearest SEC school. he got himself a job, rented himself an apartment in Ann Arbor and worked for the last year to support himself while training to attempt to make a return.  He has done everything that has been asked of him by the university and has shown remorse that he made a mistake. Now its time for him to show he can make it right. 
  • Today, Harbaugh said Evans will be reinstated for the winter term and will be eligible to practice with in January.

Go Blue!!
  • Wonder if Turner will go to the transfer portal
    I would guess that he was already thinking about that before Evans coming back next year…

Go Blue!!
    I would guess that he was already thinking about that before Evans coming back next year…

Go Blue!!
    Turner just can’t seem to get out of his own way. He gets in and he fumbles, or misses a pass protection, or take a huge loss and it’s to the bench with him for the rest of the game. 
  • Turner can't/won't block and Charbonnet and Haskins are 1 & 1a and look like they'll be around a while. If Evans comes back and with at least one 4-star commit coming in next year, the position looks pretty good without Turner. Hopefully, Chris will be champing at the bit after missing a full season.
  • I am really glad he's coming back to the team. How many guys would have just thrown in the towel on playing or finishing up school? He could have f'd his whole life up. He made a huge mistake, but America has always loved a comeback story.