GAME 7 PROJECTION vs. RESULTS
Final Score: 52-7, Michigan by 45 over Indiana
SP+ Projection: Michigan by 36.5 (+8.5)
CD Projection: Michigan by 35 (+10)
GAME 7 RECAP vs. Indiana
In this game, the Michigan offense dealt with the positive and negative sides of the coin through the whole game. The positive: JJ McCarthy and the passing attack were hyper-efficient yet again. JJ went 14-for17, racking up 222 yards and 3 touchdowns. Jack Tuttle took over in the 4th quarter and went 5-for-5 and also connected for a touchdown against his former team. The negative: McCarthy was sacked as many times in this game as he had been all of the first six games combined. Also, the running game produced a 40% success rate, two points behind what Indiana could muster (42%). There is a lot to learn from this week’s film sessions.
I expected Indiana to be able to find some success early in this game. For one, they were coming off a bye week, so hey had some extra time to prepare. Also, they canned their previous offensive coordinator before the bye, so significant change was inevitable, and really they could only improve from where they had been. That said, the Wolverine defenders were disruptive today, forcing 4 turnovers. That was plenty to boost the Michigan offense out of a slow start, and snatched the fire out of the Hoosiers.
Special teams MVP goes to Tommy Doman for pounding touchbacks on many kickoffs today, avoiding the extra touches for Indiana’s best player Jaylin Lucas. Special mention to Tyler Morris who electrified the crowd again on a 27-yard punt return in the 2nd quarter.
The Wolverines didn’t play their best game, and still finished ahead by 6+ touchdowns on he scoreboard. We have heard Jim Harbaugh happily accept an “ugly win” in the past. He may have just invented the “ugly blowout”. Regardless, Michigan is 7-0 and heads to East Lansing for rivalry week before taking a much deserved week off. Onward!
- Michigan 26 Iowa 0 – Game 13 B1G Ten Championship Recap - December 3, 2023
- Michigan 30 Ohio State 24 – Game 12 Recap - November 25, 2023
- By the Numbers: Game 12 vs. Ohio State - November 22, 2023
- Michigan 31 Maryland 24 – Game 11 Recap - November 18, 2023
- Michigan 41 Purdue 13 – Game 9 Recap - November 4, 2023
- By the Numbers: Game 9 vs. Purdue - November 4, 2023
- Michigan 49 Michigan State 0 – Game 8 Recap - October 22, 2023
- Michigan 52 Indiana 7 – Game 7 Recap - October 14, 2023
- Michigan 52 Minnesota 10 – Game 6 Recap - October 9, 2023
- By the Numbers: Game 6 @ Minnesota - October 7, 2023