UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Brandon Peters to Transfer

Comments

• RB O’Maury Samuels charged with domestic violence, kicked off the team.

The good news just keeps on coming…

Go Blue!!
  • RB O’Maury Samuels charged with domestic violence, kicked off the team.

The good news just keeps on coming…

Go Blue!!
    Kids gotta learn to not act up around signing day cause you can be replaced easily.... I'd wait to hear the full story though before I say he should have got kicked off the team. From the charges without any story could be as little as a verbal argument and him picking up  her cell phone and throwing it down the street. (1 misdemeanor domestic violence+1 charge of destruction of property under $200 dollars)
  • He would have only missed the Bowl Game at OSU
  • Reuben Jones transferring.

Go Blue!!
  • It's so weird how fickle the NFL is. Before New Years, you figure Gary is a top-5 pick and Devin Bush is lucky if he goes in the first round. The NFL Network's Mock Draft had Bush going to Denver at 10 and Gary is still waiting for the call halfway through the first round. It's just a mock draft, but these analysts talk to personnel people around the league, especially Schefter.

Also, Wonderlic scores leaked today for several players and Kyler Murray pulled a 20. The Cardinals said a couple days ago they won't take him with the first pick. Rough couple of days for Murray, but I think the Cards would be crazy to take him at #1.
  • zjgm02 said:

Also, Wonderlic scores leaked today for several players and Kyler Murray pulled a 20. The Cardinals said a couple days ago they won't take him with the first pick. Rough couple of days for Murray, but I think the Cards would be crazy to take him at #1.
    Marino scored a 16 and FitzMagic has the highest score over with a 48, so who knows how this turns out. Of course, Vince young scored the single digits or something like that, so maybe there is something to it....

Go Blue!!
  • zjgm02 said:
    It's so weird how fickle the NFL is. Before New Years, you figure Gary is a top-5 pick and Devin Bush is lucky if he goes in the first round. The NFL Network's Mock Draft had Bush going to Denver at 10 and Gary is still waiting for the call halfway through the first round. It's just a mock draft, but these analysts talk to personnel people around the league, especially Schefter.
    Bush’s rise is based upon production. Gary’s fall is based up lack of production. He’s a freak athlete, but there’s nothing to show that he’ll be successful in the NFL. Bush, on the other hand, is a play making machine all over the field. 

Go Blue!!
  • edited April 23
    Question: Is the lack of production of Gary due to how UM used him??
  • Question: Is the lack of production of Gary due to how UM used him??
    I think it is. 
  • Question: Is the lack of production of Gary due to how UM used him??
    Elite players, no matter how they are utilized, stand out above everyone else and his lack of production was startling…

Go Blue!!
  • I said early this year that I had forgotten Gary was a DT coming out of high school. He sees himself as a DE and his surprising speed wouldn't be fully utilized inside, but I wonder if now that Aaron Donald is getting PAID as a dude in the interior and causing havoc, if Gary isn't being shortsighted as only a DE.
  • Former Michigan DE Frank Clark traded to the Chiefs for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick....and he signed a new $105.5M ($63.5M guaranteed) deal. Good grief.....

Go Blue!!
  • Whoa. Looks like the chiefs believe they are one player away. I can’t imagine giving up my first 3 picks....
  • edited April 23
    Former Michigan DE Frank Clark traded to the Chiefs for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick....and he signed a new $105.5M ($63.5M guaranteed) deal. Good grief.....

Go Blue!!
    DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY MAC BOOK AIRS YOU CAN BUY WITH 63 MILLION?

#CallBack
  • Gary scored 9 on the Wonderlic....plus, he’s been flagged for having a bum shoulder. He’s not having a good week....

Go Blue!!
  • Given Gary’s “consensus #1 overall rating” coming out of high school I don’t see how he can be viewed as anything but a huge disappointment. I won’t go so far as to call him a bust, but he’s toeing that line. He never just took over any game that I can recall. And he certainly never took over a big game. He always seemed to disappear during them as a matter of fact. 

To his credit he was a starter on a couple dominant defenses. And apparently he did play hurt. 

With all of that said, the NFL is not college football. There have been countless players who you’ve never heard of in college who have gone on to be great in the NFL. And there have been plenty of great college players who have gone to the NFL & been run out of the league quickly. So Gary still has a chance to be great. And I have to assume on potential alone he’ll be a first rounder. 
  • The man is going to be a first round draft pick tomorrow and you are saying he is almost a bust? 

Come on. 
  • I was loud wrong thinking Bush's height would hurt him in the draft. Two great UM players go in the top 12.
  • I have to admit that as a Bear fan, I'm pretty happy that the Pack took Gary at 12 with their top pick. Not too worried that he'll show up in our 2 biggest games of the season. Hats off to Bush going to the Steelers! Good fit for him and them.
  • Pretty good night for Michigan Football. Congrats to Bush and Gary.

Go Blue!!
  • Other than the Patriots I can’t think of a better landing spot for Bush than the Steelers. He should thrive in that organization. I’m really going to miss watching him roaming the field in that winged helmet on Saturday afternoons. He was really something special. 

Best of luck to Bush & Gary.

• It's probably doesn't mean anything, but both Gary and Montez Sweat were announced as LBs when drafted instead of DEs.
  • Thought I read that the Packers are looking at Gary as an outside LB.
  • Comedians and Michigan alumni, the Sklar brothers, have a couple podcasts. Their sports-centric podcast is called "View from the Cheap Seats". They had John U. Bacon on this week to talk about the draft, the program and his new book.

Interview starts about 10 mins in:
    https://megaphone.link/STA8354505154
  • Winovich to the Pats in round 3.

Long to the Rams in round 3. He’s going home.

Gentry to the Steelers in round 5.

Go Blue!!
  • Winovich to the Pats in round 3.

Go Blue!!
    I still have NO idea why Gentry left early. Every facet of his game needed the kind of improvement that a final college season could buttress.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Winovich to the Pats in round 3.

Go Blue!!
    I still have NO idea why Gentry left early. Every facet of his game needed the kind of improvement that a final college season could buttress.
    Two words: Jake Butt
  • zjgm02 said:
    Winovich to the Pats in round 3.

Go Blue!!
    If he can fix his stone hands, he will be an awesome threat in the red zone for Big Ben.

Go Blue!
  • Do Detroit fans think that Iowa TE was really the best player and fit at #8, or is that just the Lions being the Lions?
  • Think after signing James in off season they should have went after a CB, Lb or DE