Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

G.O.A.T. - Super Bowl GAMEDAY THREAD

Comments

• 9th Super Bowl. That's crazy....

Go Blue!!
  • Amazing career.  However the worse call or non call that I have ever seen was the missed PI call.  Not a fan of either team but the Saints got hosed by the refs in that game.
  • It'd be cool to see the Rams win, but at the same time for Brady 6-3 looks way better than 5-4 in the big one. Also, a decent storyline if Brady did decide to retire after winning as his first and last super bowl wins would be against the same franchise.
  • Oh the saints got completely screwed. 

How fun would a Brady/Brees Super Bowl been?
  • Brady wins another super bowl.

Retires

Foles to New England 2020 Super Bowl Champion Nick Foles.
  • Let's not forget Blake Countess is playing in this game too…

Go Blue!!

Bad call yes... not the reason they lost... 2 blown red zone trips, bad clock management at the end of the game Payton tried to be too cute and pass the ball, they could have stopped them in both the 4th qtr and overtime...
  • Sorry with all that they would have won with the proper call.  Reminded me how the Lions got hosed on the non pi call against the Cowboys
  • edited January 24
    Sorry with all that they would have won with the proper call.  Reminded me how the Lions got hosed on the non pi call against the Cowboys
    Though their odds definitely increase significantly, there is no guarantee that New Orleans would have won.  They still would have had to execute and score, and we’ve seen ‘gimme’ field goals missed in playoff games before.
    I do agree, awful missed call.
  • In the regular season game between those same two teams LA had a FG scoring drive in just 26 seconds.....

Bad call yes... not the reason they lost... 2 blown red zone trips, bad clock management at the end of the game Payton tried to be too cute and pass the ball, they could have stopped them in both the 4th qtr and overtime...
    The blown call was absolutely the reason why they lost. Despite all that other stuff if the proper call is made they run out the clock and kick a gimme FG. 

I dont want want to hear about how they had their chance in OT. They never should have had to been in overtime. 

I also dont don’t want to hear about how “that’s football” or “that’s life”. I’m sorry this isn’t a high school game, or an over 30 rec league. This is the flippin National Football League. And thus wasn’t week 4 or 10. This was the NFC Champuonship Game. And it wasn’t the first quarter or the third quarter. This was under two minutes in the championship game. This was the absolute worst time for this type of call. 

The refs blew it and it cost the Saints a Super Bowl birth. Period. And the NFL knows it screwed up as they appear to be coming up with a plan to avoid this ever happening again. 

The blown call was absolutely the reason why they lost. Despite all that other stuff if the proper call is made they run out the clock and kick a gimme FG. 

I dont want want to hear about how they had their chance in OT. They never should have had to been in overtime. 

I also dont don’t want to hear about how “that’s football” or “that’s life”. I’m sorry this isn’t a high school game, or an over 30 rec league. This is the flippin National Football League. And thus wasn’t week 4 or 10. This was the NFC Champuonship Game. And it wasn’t the first quarter or the third quarter. This was under two minutes in the championship game. This was the absolute worst time for this type of call. 

The refs blew it and it cost the Saints a Super Bowl birth. Period. And the NFL knows it screwed up as they appear to be coming up with a plan to avoid this ever happening again. 
    Could not disagree more. It was a factor in them losing the game, it was not the reason they lost the game.

The Saints still had the chance to run out the clock and kick a gimme FG, but Sean Payton threw the ball like a moron and stopped the clock. Payton fucked up that last drive as much as the refs missed the call.

Go Blue!!
  • Somehow that call was made and the game was over nothing happened after the blown call. Yep that was it not one more play was ran they said incomplete the game is over good nite everyone last one to leave turn off the lights.... 
  • edited January 24
    Glad that you agreed!  Seriously though the non call was the reason the Saints lost, PERIOD.
  • If it had been a tOSU DB trucking our receiver in the exact same circumstance EVERYONE on this board would be irate. As they should be. Absolutely terrible missed call. And it absolutely cost the Saints the game. 

Any official that could’ve made that call should be fired & barred from ever officiating in an NFL game again. 

Back to the topic at hand; It is unbelievable what Tom Brady & the Patriots have been able to achieve over the past 17 years. Everything about the NFL is designed to ensure parity. And what we are witnessing & have witnessed will never be duplicated. Tom Brady is the greatest of all-time. And by a wide margin.
  • Funny saw another replay of that play and one ref was going to throw the flag but another one stopped him from doing it.
  • edited February 4
    ":I'm too old, Your too Slow and we got no good players at the skill positions"

Tom Brady to his WR after winning the AFC title game. What the media said about them mid season.

Super Bowl Champs. True Champs.
  • "zjgm02 said:
    It'd be cool to see the Rams win, but at the same time for Brady 6-3 looks way better than 5-4 in the big one. Also, a decent storyline if Brady did decide to retire after winning as his first and last super bowl wins would be against the same franchise.
    Yes it does....

Go Blue!!