Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

PEACH BOWL (12/29): MICHIGAN (#7) v. Florida (#10) 12:00 PM EST ESPN GAMEDAY THREAD

1235»

Comments

• Goblue88 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    Becoming Clemson north has become every Michigan fans wet dream somehow. 

Theres one serious problem with that. Dabo has the balls & brains to dump a National Championship caliber QB for a true freshman mid-season. Jim Harbaugh doesn’t have enough balls or brains to call something other than a FB dive on 3rd & 4th & 1 in a $&@!?$&!?&&$! BOWL GAME!!!!!

Sorry boys. Not. Going. To. Happen. 
    Give me a 5 star #1 OVERALL COMPOSITE PLAYER QB and then we will talk.. the first QB to be #1 overall composit player in like 20 years.

The fact that he didn't start day 1 out of fall camp was surprising to some. and please note Kelly Bryant last year made alot of dumb plays and dumb calls... Clemson fans felt they win in spite of him more than because of him sometimes.. Like AJ Mcarren at Bama a few years back.

Dabo has made alot of good calls but Make no Mistake he turned the corner before he started making good calls.. and Deshaun Watson kinda helped things along.

In 2016, at Shea Patterson was the #1 rated QB and #3 overall. How has that worked out so far…

Go Blue!!
    and? he got benched for a 4 star kid and transferred from Ole Miss. I'm talking about starting a once in a decade talent Lawrence over a QB who many clemson fan's already didn't like. You didn't see Clemson fan's crying about him getting benched. Much like if Mccaffrey walks out vs Middle Tenn St next year no one will shed a tear for Shea.
  • Goblue88 said:
    TK23Blue said:
    Moving in the right direction is fine. But until Harbaugh can do what either Bo or Carr did (beat OSU, win multiple B1G Championships, win a NC) he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Not yet. He hasn't done anything. 
    Correct me if I'm wrong but all but 1 of Carr's wins came vs John Cooper who was the worst OSU coach vs Michigan in the history of OSU 2-10-1 vs Michigan.

Once OSU changed Coaches Carr was 1-6 vs OSU? in his last 7 years and had problems recruiting with the big boys once recruiting started moving outside of just give me the best Michigan and Ohio kids.
    Carr won 5 B1G titles and a National Championship. He was 5-4 against ND, 10-3 vs MSU and 9-2 vs PSU.  He also managed to beat OSU 6 times. Oh, and his record vs Top 10 teams? 20-8. Harbaugh? ONE and NINE.  At this point, Harbaugh can only DREAM of being Lloyd Carr.  Harbaugh has accomplished exactly squat (and all this from a guy who couldn't stand Lloyd Carr.)
  • edited December 2018
    TK23Blue said:
    Goblue88 said:
    TK23Blue said:
    Moving in the right direction is fine. But until Harbaugh can do what either Bo or Carr did (beat OSU, win multiple B1G Championships, win a NC) he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Not yet. He hasn't done anything. 
    Correct me if I'm wrong but all but 1 of Carr's wins came vs John Cooper who was the worst OSU coach vs Michigan in the history of OSU 2-10-1 vs Michigan.

Once OSU changed Coaches Carr was 1-6 vs OSU? in his last 7 years and had problems recruiting with the big boys once recruiting started moving outside of just give me the best Michigan and Ohio kids.
    Carr won 5 B1G titles and a National Championship. He was 5-4 against ND, 10-3 vs MSU and 9-2 vs PSU.  He also managed to beat OSU 6 times. Oh, and his record vs Top 10 teams? 20-8. Harbaugh? ONE and NINE.  At this point, Harbaugh can only DREAM of being Lloyd Carr.  Harbaugh has accomplished exactly squat (and all this from a guy who couldn't stand Lloyd Carr.)
    He won 2 Outright Big 10 titles

the other 3 were split 1 was a head to head split that Michigan would have "won" the tiebreaker

the other 2 were 3 way ties 1 Time 3 2 loss teams in which we lost to the other 2.. and the other x-1 x-1 x-1 Both of those Michigan was not the BCS representative and "lost" the tiebreakers . and had an average of 3.33 losses a year in Carr's career.

2 outright big 10 titles in 13 years 3 Splits where 2 of them would have Michigan have not been the Representative in the Big 10 title game if we had one and were not the "big 10 representative" in the BCS.

That's like counting that Harbaugh was the Co-East champion this year. In Old rankings Harbaugh would have "won the big 10 title" the same way Carr Split 3 of them.
  • This is a little off topic. OSU family members are saying Harbaugh is classless for not shaking Mullin's hand after the game. I had already deleted the game. Help me with the argument, I thought I saw the coaches meet after the game.
  • You can cherry pick the stats all you like but the fact is, Harbaugh hasn't accomplished much unless 10 win seasons and losing to OSU and losing bowl games every year is the bar.  Meanwhile, we're heading into year 5 and we still don't have a dependable offensive line (Warinner did a good job but still), any real or explosive playmakers on offense (the RB's are serviceable but far from great, the WR's are good but not game changers, and Patterson was an upgrade but has some glaring holes in his game).  Compared to what we saw on the field last night?  Not even close.  I tried to imagine Michigan playing any one of those teams last night and it was frightening.  If you're going to run a predictable, plodding offense then you'd better have some game changers on the field and we don't.  And there is no way in hell Harbaugh is going to overhaul this offense so I would anticipate more of the same next year.  A year that will absolutely require us to lean on our offense as our D loses a lot of talent.  
  • This is a little off topic. OSU family members are saying Harbaugh is classless for not shaking Mullin's hand after the game. I had already deleted the game. Help me with the argument, I thought I saw the coaches meet after the game.
    did you not see it?

Classless Florida Players more like it.

• They were just a better team. At the end of the day, they seemed like they had us. … They knew what we were in and how to manipulate it.
    Seems pretty obvious he's talking about the defensive scheme. If you'll recall it took the Gamecocks about 3 quarters to adapt to Brown's scheme in UM's last bowl game before they could start exploiting it, scoring 23 points in the last 18 minutes of the game for the win.
  • It’s blatantly obvious that Don Brown’s D has been solved. It was a good ride but it’s time for a change. Hopefully Brown’s capable of adapting & making the necessary changes to his scheme. If not he needs to go
  • Michigan is bubble team.  Close to being really good until the bubble pops, like it did at the Shoe.
    They need some fresh air, and ironically enough, the perfect candidate to help is Fisch.  
    Not sure it will happen, but I’d be one happy camper to see JF back in Ann Arbor.