UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Maurice Hurst diagnosed with heart condition at NFL combine

2 thoughts:

1. Hopefully everything is OK with the young man.

2. How was it not identified while he was at Michigan?

Go Blue!!

Comments

• That is VERY concerning how that was not seen at UM 😐 
  • Probably A fib. Can go years without diagnosis, especially if he never complained of the accompanying palpitations and any light headedness written off as dehydration, or normal orthostatic changes. Can be easily managed with meds and even heart tissue ablations in more serious cases. Wish him the best!!!! 
  • A heart condition can just appear. There are marathon runners whose heart exploded. Yet you have a 500 lb guy that smoke a pack day and eat 2 buckets of kfc daily live to 90.
  • Mo still on the board as the 4th round begins.  A handful of DTs have already been drafted ahead of him.
  • edited April 28
    Edit my phone is dumb.... something popped up about hurst to the browns guess it was wrong LOL

• I can’t believe Hurst is still available. Someone is going to get an absolute steal today. 
  • Lions traded up, thought it was going to be for Hurst....instead they draft De’Shawn Hand. Remember him?
  • Lions traded up, thought it was going to be for Hurst....instead they draft De’Shawn Hand. Remember him?
    Hand may have been a bust at Bama but during the combine he ran a 4.88 which was 2nd fastest among players over 280lb.... Good pick for the lions. Hurst still on the board though.
  • edited April 28
    Hurst playing for Chucky.

Go Blue!!
  • Big Mo going to the Ray-dahs with the 140th pick.
  • Lions take the other Injury drop in the 5th

That OL from Oregon who was high 2nd round projection untill Concussion concerns at the Combine.
  • Hurst will be a pro-bowler and the Lions 5th rounder will be out of the league in 3 years. Absolutely ridiculous the lions didn’t draft Hurst. Had multiple chances to get him. 

2nd dumbest franchise in the league. Ahead of only the Browns. 
  • edited April 29
    Hurst will be a pro-bowler and the Lions 5th rounder will be out of the league in 3 years. Absolutely ridiculous the lions didn’t draft Hurst. Had multiple chances to get him. 

2nd dumbest franchise in the league. Ahead of only the Browns. 
    I mean the lions guy was a 2nd round talent who is no different from Hurst. and its not just the lions 31 other teams passed hurst for 4 rounds so there has to be more in that medical report than just your cleared to play.. is this something that can/could become worst could hurst be forced to retire before 30 who knows what the actual diagnosis is and that is the kinda info only him and NFL teams know. Also who says Hurst fits in Detroit's scheme anyways.

IDK I thought the lions are a better team than they were 2 days ago. With immediate starters in the first and 2nd round and high Risk/Reward players in r3 (Guy who rose from undrafted to top 100 on draft boards in the matter of a few months just off his IQ and willingness to work)
    r4 (A guy with a top 5 draft pick skillset who was the 10th in bench reps for his position and #2 in speed for all combine guys over 280lb and he's close to 300... With a position coach who coached him) he's rough but he has the NFL skillset/size I mean Shea Patterson has done 0 in college so far but is projected 2019 #1 QB right now on draft boards ive seen. Allen was a 50% passer in a g5 conference but went top 10...

Sometimes skillset>college stats and Hand has those.

and r5 a guy who dropped due to concussion concerns but was an all pac 12 guy projected in r2 at the end of the season.. Remember the lions had MAJOR breakdowns of their OL late in the year last year when they had 2-3 injuries. Detroit has been weak in the OL for years and Taking 2 OL will help fill in those gaps and give some more time for Stafford.

Overall a good draft given they only had 6 picks going in.. We will see how they go I'm not sure on trading up for Hand but rumor is he was gonna go 2 picks later.. so the Lions pounced since Hands is the Ideal style player for the Patricia Defense.
  • I agree the lions run game has been nonexistent since Sanders retires but looking at that defense I would argue that was a bigger need to address then the OLine. Lions should be able to score now but how are they going to stop anyone? 

Basically Detroit was t going to fix all their needs in one draft. But my whole life Detroit has drafted the wrong guys so I have no faith in them to successfully draft. 
  • I’m a Cowboys fan and I know most of you guys are Lions fans. However, isn’t it ironic Hand finally made it to Michigan. He will be another Bama player flop. They put tons of players in the league, but very few stick. 
  • The OL and the run game were huge issues so it looks like they addressed that.  Until all of these guys are out of the league in 3 years 'cuz hey, it's the Lions. SOL.
  • Teams are going to be kicking themselves for passing on him.