UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Jim McElwain On campus today... Rumored to be interviewing for Enos's vacant spot

2»

Comments

• Perhaps he was hired to babysit or coordinate what Hamilton and Drevno are doing since their first season together was shite.  I'm thinking maybe that's why it was important to hire someone with HC experience.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Perhaps he was hired to babysit or coordinate what Hamilton and Drevno are doing since their first season together was shite.  I'm thinking maybe that's why it was important to hire someone with HC experience.
    Too many chefs in the kitchen?

Go Blue!!
  • I have no idea, but the results from a Hamilton-Drevno offense were terrible, and maybe bringing in another lifetime asst would just exacerbate the problems.  Now they could potentially have a CEO of the offense in a former HC who can keep the other two on the same page and on task.  Can't think of another reason why McElwain would be important to the program.  He's from the venerated John L. Smith coaching tree after all.
  • zjgm02 said:
    I have no idea, but the results from a Hamilton-Drevno offense were terrible, and maybe bringing in another lifetime asst would just exacerbate the problems.  Now they could potentially have a CEO of the offense in a former HC who can keep the other two on the same page and on task.  Can't think of another reason why McElwain would be important to the program.  He's from the venerated John L. Smith coaching tree after all.
    The results from a Nussmeier-McElwain offense are even worse:

2015: 112th in yards, 99th in points

2016: 116th in yards, 107th in points

2017: 110th in yards, 109th in points.

Go Blue!!
  • zjgm02 said:
    Perhaps he was hired to babysit or coordinate what Hamilton and Drevno are doing since their first season together was shite.  I'm thinking maybe that's why it was important to hire someone with HC experience.
    Too many chefs in the kitchen?

Go Blue!!
    WAY too many.  This is a total mess.
  • "I'm excited to get back into it and am looking forward to going there and learning and helping Michigan get better," McElwain told ESPN.
    “Helping coordinate the offense and develop the weekly game plan”.

Go Blue!!
  • He's a better coordinator than Head Coach.  I like the hire.  He was the OC on two Bama NC teams early in Sabans tenure, before they had the best recruiting classes year in and year out.
  • “I came in to learn, and learn what Pep’s teaching and help him in any way I can,” McElwain said. “More than anything, just trying to understand ‘what’ and ‘how’, and then maybe over the years of doing this maybe there’s a thing or two that maybe can help our guys play fast. But like I said, I’m not reinventing (the offense). It’s an offense that’s here and I’m just trying to learn it.

“Yeah, (Hamilton) is kinda running (the offense). Like I said, we’re just here to help.”

Go Blue!!