Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Top ranked 2016 LB Ben Davis to visit?

Ben Davis, the top ranked LB in the 2016 class. has dropped a visit to Ole Miss and will replace it with a visit to ND or Michigan.

https://twitter.com/tdstake/status/667462491610345472 

Comments

• Davis is "not 100 percent sure" about which school will receive his fifth and final visit, but the choice seemingly centers on Notre Dame and Michigan, two schools that haven't been heavily affiliated with his recruitment to this point.

"I really want to get up to South Bend. I've heard it's a great place to be," Davis said. 

The Fighting Irish extended a scholarship offer in early March, just weeks before the Wolverines joined a nationwide chase.

"Coach [Jim] Harbaugh has been in the NFL, and I think he's a great leader. I know [running backs coach] Tyrone Wheatley really well too," Davis said. 

He's maintained contact with running back Kareem Walker and defensive tackle Rashan Gary, both rated No. 1 at their respective positions in 2016 recruiting class rankings, since meeting the New Jersey duo at a camp. Both players are projected to sign with the Wolverines in 247Sports' Crystal Ball, and Davis has monitored their flirtations with Michigan.

"I know they've visited the school a lot, so that makes me eager to go up there and see for myself," he said. 

Devin Bush Jr., who was roommates with Davis this summer at The Opening, has a top two of Michigan and Florida State. He spoke highly of the Wolverines during discussions between the two, providing another positive impression for Davis.

While Davis will undoubtedly face immense expectations on defense at any college, he believes there could be an opportunity beyond linebacker in Ann Arbor.

"[Michigan defensive back] Jabrill Peppers is kind of an all-around guy. They let him play offense. I'd like the chance to play a little offense too, so that might be something they would let me do. Go score some touchdowns," Davis said.

Going to be tough to unseat LSU....

Go Blue!!

• Is it true that Miles is in the "hot seat" or is it just rumors???

• ...we could be in for one hell of a closing with this year's class
  • BHF, I think you are right. It's going to be an interesting and exciting next few months. Just think where this program has come from...remarkable.

• SouthQuad91 said: Is it true that Miles is in the "hot seat" or is it just rumors???

The word going around was Win out of he was done was pretty much what had to happen... LSU lost today 38-17. So good chance there is going to be Less Les in LSU come the end of the season. Les Miles to Maryland or VT or South Carolina maybe?

• If they fire Les they owe him 17 million!! How do they pull that off??
  • BHF, welcome to the $EC.  Compared to how much they make, 17 million is chump change.

• $17M buyout PLUS assistants buyouts PLUS $20M for the next head coach and now you're talking about over $40M for their next head coach. That's a lot of jack!

Go Blue!!
  • Picked ND over Michigan for his visit on 1/15.

Go Blue!!