Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Ty better

I think TY will end up being our starter, Smith still just runs into defense with zero visison at times.  Ty should some really good visison yesterday.

Comments

• Is it weird that I kinda miss watching Green try to hit a hole, only to be brought down by a weak arm tackle last season? Was kinda entertaining to see, maybe because the whole team was a train wreck and he was a locomotive.

• Drake definitely seems to have lost his ability to cut after this latest round of injuries.  I don't know if it's a comfort/confidence issue, or if he really just can't do it anymore, but that and his vision is what he had over all the other bruisers back there.  I hope he can get back to the level we saw for the last couple weeks of the 2014 season. 

As far as the OP, I have seen improvement with Isaac every week this year and that's a good thing.  I love the fact he is bigger and faster than many of the LBs that will be asked to bring him down.  If Drake gets back into form and the O-line continues to improve, a platoon of Ty and Drake with a sprinkle De'Veon may be able to run this team to 7 or 8 wins on their own.

• I said it in an earlier post - Isaac just seems to be a smoother runner.

• He finally looked like the 5* recruit that he was coming out of high school!  The way he stiff armed that one guy to the ground on his td run was a thing of beauty!!!

• Well, according to this weeks depth chart, Smith is still the starter.

• So who would you start?  From what you have seen?

• I'd still give the nod to Smith, but I'd be ok with Isaac. Smiths been running hard.

• jsj_297 said: I'd still give the nod to Smith, but I'd be ok with Isaac. Smiths been running hard.

Give me smart over hard day.  

No ghey jokes pleaze; the BFHs of the world take exception quickly.

• To be honest it really doesnt matter because in todays game you need RB by committee anyway. I think Smith and Issac are a great 1 2 punch especially since they both will be here for another year. Johnson is a nice change of Pace and if I were Green I would be looking elsewhere to go to school. You dont need a 30 carry back in todays FB let them spread the wealth a bit. Hell a few years ago UM didnt have a RB so lets not get to co0ncerned about who starts. Be thankful for the depth!!!

• edited September 2015

Honestly, my approach would be to run the crap out of Devon first 3 quarters or so, giving ty a few touches here and there, but let ty take over in the 4th quarter when we have worn down the front 7. A kid like ty with fresh legs in 4th quarter could be a special thing Imo.

• If Smith can see the holes and running lanes than I have no problems with him getting the majority of carries. However he had only proven that against Oregon State. It seems like Isaac reads the field better and is close to breaking off big runs but gets tripped up before he can really get going. 

• edited September 2015
    BigHouseFootball said: It seems like Isaac reads the field better and is close to breaking off big runs but gets tripped up before he can really get going. 

Except for the one he DID break...