Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

OSU's Miller says he's switching from QB to WR

[link=http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13310168/braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-move-quarterback-receiver-senior-season]http://espn.go.com/colleg...receiver-senior-season[/link]

[quote]
Ohio State senior Braxton Miller has bowed out of the Buckeyes' three-man quarterback competition and plans to focus on playing wide receiver in his final season of eligibility, Miller told Sports Illustrated on Thursday.

"For the most part, it's going to be H-Back and punt return," Miller told SI's Pete Thamel on Thursday. "It's a long process to get back totally to throwing and throwing every day. This is the smarter thing for right now. God blessed me with a lot of talent and different opportunities. I'm going to have fun with that and still score a lot of touchdowns and help the team out and be dominant at that."[/quote]

Interesting....then there's this from the cryer:

[quote]
"I haven't made those decisions yet," Meyer told The Columbus Dispatch on Thursday night. "It's a little bit jumping the gun here. Braxton came to see me. He's been talking to me about it. We've been working at it, but I'm not ready to say exactly how we're going to use him yet."

"We won't know enough until practice starts how we can use him and what he can do," Meyer told the Cleveland Plain Dealer on Thursday night. "I just don't know. He's a great athlete, but he's never caught a pass for us. So we'll know more, and we have plenty of time when practice starts."[/quote]

Go Blue!!

Comments

• [link=http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13310168/braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-move-quarterback-receiver-senior-season]http://espn.go.com/colleg...receiver-senior-season[/link]
    Ohio State senior Braxton Miller has bowed out of the Buckeyes' three-man quarterback competition and plans to focus on playing wide receiver in his final season of eligibility, Miller told Sports Illustrated on Thursday.

"For the most part, it's going to be H-Back and punt return," Miller told SI's Pete Thamel on Thursday. "It's a long process to get back totally to throwing and throwing every day. This is the smarter thing for right now. God blessed me with a lot of talent and different opportunities. I'm going to have fun with that and still score a lot of touchdowns and help the team out and be dominant at that."

Interesting....then there's this from the cryer:
    "I haven't made those decisions yet," Meyer told The Columbus Dispatch on Thursday night. "It's a little bit jumping the gun here. Braxton came to see me. He's been talking to me about it. We've been working at it, but I'm not ready to say exactly how we're going to use him yet."

"We won't know enough until practice starts how we can use him and what he can do," Meyer told the Cleveland Plain Dealer on Thursday night. "I just don't know. He's a great athlete, but he's never caught a pass for us. So we'll know more, and we have plenty of time when practice starts."

Go Blue!!
  • The time to worry is when your team switches a WR to QB[;)]
  • Makes sense, Miller has the least arm talent of the three but is the most athletic. I`m sure he`ll still take some snaps from behind center though.
  • A couple of things:

It's obvious this would happen at some point.  Everybody knows he would never make it as a NFL QB, so he may as well do something to his career a chance.

secondly, it's hilarious Urban is trying squash this rumor.  He obviously didn't want anyone to know so he could try an unveil his new "weapon" against VaTech

lastly, I wouldn't worry about facing him in The Game.  I like Miller, he seems like a good kid, other than playing for osu.  But face it, it seemed like he could barely get up from most the hits he took as a "protected quarterback."  How's he going to handle coming over the middle or actually getting hit head on when a play blows up in his face.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured again.
  • I see the next Percy Harvin for Urb's, look out