Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Ondre Pipkins

Ondre will be looking to transfer after the coaching staff asked him to medical, and he refused. Article does not make the program look good, but again it's from one side's perspective. Take a look:

[link=http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13154115/ondre-pipkins-says-michigan-wolverines-coach-jim-harbaugh-staff-pressured-quit]http://espn.go.com/colleg...h-staff-pressured-quit[/link]

Comments

• Ondre will be looking to transfer after the coaching staff asked him to medical, and he refused. Article does not make the program look good, but again it's from one side's perspective. Take a look:

[link=http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13154115/ondre-pipkins-says-michigan-wolverines-coach-jim-harbaugh-staff-pressured-quit]http://espn.go.com/colleg...h-staff-pressured-quit[/link]
  • two concussions and ligament damage in the knee AND they said they would honor his scholly so he could get his degree.  Don't really see the problem

The shame is he went running to ESPN.  Weak by him, IMO.
  • I hope Harbsugh addresses this in some way because I'll admit, it looks real shady and crappy.

We can't pile on Meyer for doing the same exact thing to a player and then defend Harbaugh.

I really don't like this practice regardless of which school it is, or which coaching staff.
  • this won't stop me from piling on Meyer......for what it's worth.   LOL
  • Well, I wish the kid luck. I was wanting to see him develop into a beast. He's too young to realize how fortunate he has his health still, and even a Michigan education waiting on him if he so chooses. I hope he has good council from his friends and family in his ear. This is a important decision for him, I hope he makes a good choice.
  • He's already shown he doesn't have good counsel.  I doubt good counsel would have advised him to run to ESPN with his story.
  • WolvyMike wrote:

two concussions and ligament damage in the knee AND they said they would honor his scholly so he could get his degree.  Don't really see the problem

The shame is he went running to ESPN.  Weak by him, IMO.
    This.

Article also said "According to Pipkins, Harbaugh said he wanted "to make sure you graduate from Michigan," and the coach did not plan to invite Pipkins to fall camp due in part to medical concerns."

So you're butthurt about not being able to play football, you're still getting a degree from one of the most prestigious universities in the country.
  • So basically he is at the realization his NFL dream is over and crying to the media about it rather than taking the degree? oh well hope that degree from Youngstown st or middle Tennessee or UTEP looks as good to your future employer as one from Michigan. Can't think many division 1 schools will take a kid with his injury history. Wish him the best of luck either way.
  • As a former player told me last week, it's a whole different ballgame up there now…

Everyone is scared of Harbaugh and losing their job. Lloyds old secretary Jennifer got fired last week.

It all could be a good thing to get people working harder.

Go Blue!!
  • It's not a good look and will be used against UM in recruiting. Kid says he can play and plans to elsewhere. Transferring because options at Michigan were taken away.

It's the kind of thing Michigan fans rip other schools/coaches for doing.
  • Scottsdale--

Can you elaborate at all when you say "it's a whole different ballgame up there" ?

By everyone being scared to lose their job, are you talking the players or the support staff or both?

Can you shed any light re changes as far as what is expected of the players during the offseason?
  • I mean let's face it Harbaugh forced him out because he wanted to open up another scholarship. It's the kind of thing we ripped other schools for doing. It's the kind of thing that we didn't do...and we haven't been winning.

I don't like it as a whole across the NCAA and if they really had the student athletes best interests in mind they would eliminate this kind of thing.

Harbaugh is putting our program in line with the others at the top and if we are ok with that that's ok. However let's not be ignorant to it, or burry our head in the sand, or worse rip a 21 year old about it. Just admit what it is and say you're ok with it.

• Scottsdale--

Can you elaborate at all when you say "it's a whole different ballgame up there" ?

By everyone being scared to lose their job, are you talking the players or the support staff or both?

Can you shed any light re changes as far as what is expected of the players during the offseason?

When you attack every day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind....anything can and will happen. That's what's going on in AA.

I don't have any real specific examples I can provide other than what I have already said.

Regarding player expectations, I think we are all going to learn as we go together and see how things shake out.

I'll see what else I can find out for you.

Go Blue!!

• How did Harbaugh, BHF, try to force him out and open up a scholarship when the article stated that Pipkins will still be counted on the 85 scholarship limit????
  • Well, technically, if Pipkins signed the waiver and took the medical hardship waiver, he wouldn't count against the 85 man scholly limit.  That's what I read.

But honestly, he's had multiple concussions and a serious knee injury.  Getting a free degree from Michigan will do him a lot more in the long run than trying to play one more year at Eastern or something.
  • Until he has transferred, Pipkins will count against the 85 man limit.
  • "Playing nice" is for losers. We ripped other schools for doing it while they were winning. 

Sorry, I'd rather be on the reverse side of things.

• Transferring to Texas Tech per Joe Schad