Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

It's getting fun living is columbus again

It's refreshing to go to stores in Maize & Blue and people stare. But, it's not the "you guys suck" stare.
It's an "oh crap we know what's coming" stare.
I can't wait until U of M beats them. If not this year next year will do just fine as the game is in ohio.

Comments

• It's refreshing to go to stores in Maize & Blue and people stare. But, it's not the "you guys suck" stare.
    I can't wait until U of M beats them. If not this year next year will do just fine as the game is in ohio.

• It's refreshing to go to stores in Maize & Blue and people stare. But, it's not the "you guys suck" stare.

Can I have some of what you are smoking?  We are a complete laughing stock to them.  You may be confusing the look you are getting.  It's probably a look of sympathy.
  • TrueBlue - I'd say you're 100% wrong. Finally there's a new found respect for UM from Ohio fans.
  • I'm looking for the hidden cameras.

We are a laughing stock.  Plain and simple.  They are the national champs and we are the national chumps.  They are recruiting at a ridiculously high level, and they have the best coach in college football.  I, for one, can't wait until UM turns that arrogance into despair, but it's going to take a long, hard effort, and we will have to prove it on the football field.
  • Must suck being miserable.......Personally, I'm pretty excited about football again.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

I'm looking for the hidden cameras.

We are a laughing stock.  Plain and simple.  They are the national champs and we are the national chumps.  They are recruiting at a ridiculously high level, and they have the best coach in college football.  I, for one, can't wait until UM turns that arrogance into despair, but it's going to take a long, hard effort, and we will have to prove it on the football field.
    Best coach in college football?

Uh.... no. 
  • DeuceWayne,  beat me to the best coach, punch line. Maybe, luckiest coach in football. You never hear buckwheat fans saying anything about the Penn State  gimme win  by the refs.
  • Buckeye fans I've encountered are as bad or worst than ever.
  • Until we go down to Columbus and win one, we're not back imo. I said it with RR, BH and now Jim. We won't respect? They got to go down there and take it back.
  • Ah yes, the, "we are a national laughing stock" line. I thought that would end when, you know, we went out and hired the best football coach not named bill belichick, but if you want to play the "woe is us" card a little longer go ahead I guess.

I for one don't think this is going to be a "long time" till we are back to where we used to be. I think it's going to be a quicker turn around than most are expecting. Hoke recruited with the best of them. The talent is in this roster. He didn't whiff on every single class. I think Harbaugh and his staff are going to be able to coach that talent up and change things quickly.
  • Living and working in Columbus I can tell you that the talk definitely has changed.  While there are still the occasional jokes regarding RR and BH, the tone of the talk has completely changed to one that knows their time is limited.  The cracks have definitely been reduced to a minimum.  

• [image]http://www.imagegainer.com/images/Ledbetter/steve.gif[/image]

False premise.  Using the word 'again' in the thread title indicates it was ever fun living in Colombus.

• The talk may have died down in C-bus but I think it's more because we're completely irrelevant, not just on the national scene but also in the Big Ten, while they're in the National Championship conversation every year.  It's not much of a rivalry anymore so until we change that, we're stuck with it.  They're not shakin' in their boots over Harbaugh, that's for sure.  At least not yet.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

Uh.... no. 
    After whipping Nick Saban with a 3rd string QB and winning his 3rd national championship I tend to agree with TrueBlue.

• For all of BRadio's failures, & there were plenty, his teams always played OSU tough. IMHO if Drake doesn't get hurt & Borges calls a play that gives DG a run pass option on the 2 point conversion in '13 we beat OSU the last 2 years. Obviously pure speculation on my part but either way we are not that far behind OSU.

To the OP's point I must disagree, & I live in Ohio also, the OSU fans I know have no respect for or fear of us or Harbaugh. Most seem to believe Harbaugh is a nut job & though a good coach will only be at UM for a couple of years until a good NFL job opens up. About the only good thing they have to say about Harbaugh is that they love that he's ruffling the SEC's feathers. OSU has owned us for the better part of 15 years now & until we rip off a few wins in a row against them they have no reason to respect or fear us.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

Uh.... no. 
    After whipping Nick Saban with a 3rd string QB and winning his 3rd national championship I tend to agree with TrueBlue.

Yeah, it doesn't mean I'm happy about it, but the numbers back that up six ways to Sunday.