Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Derrick Moncrief gets release to Michigan from Auburn

Sam Webb reports that Moncrief has now been given his release to Michigan if he decides to transfer to Michigan.

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Sam Webb reports that Moncrief has now been given his release to Michigan if he decides to transfer to Michigan.

Go Blue!!
  • Watch him not even come here after all the rigamarol that went with getting his release.
  • Moncrief was a second string JUCO transfer safety on one of the worst secondaries in Auburn history.  Recruiting is a complete mess right now.  
  • TrueBlue wrote:

Moncrief was a second string JUCO transfer safety on one of the worst secondaries in Auburn history.  Recruiting is a complete mess right now.  

He was also ranked the #1 overall safety in the 2014 Junior College Class. Muschamp wants him to play LB and he wants to play Safety, so that's why he's looking around. I don't know if he is any good or not but he adds to the competition and that's never a bad thing.

Go Blue!!
  • Unless the academic standards have dramatically changed, I'll be shocked if he gets in at Michigan.

• Unless the academic standards have dramatically changed, I'll be shocked if he gets in at Michigan.

Good grief...what a myth.  We let Slocum into Michigan for heavens sake.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

Moncrief was a second string JUCO transfer safety on one of the worst secondaries in Auburn history.  Recruiting is a complete mess right now.  

He was also ranked the #1 overall safety in the 2014 Junior College Class. Muschamp wants him to play LB and he wants to play Safety, so that's why he's looking around. I don't know if he is any good or not but he adds to the competition and that's never a bad thing.

Go Blue!!
    He wasn't going to start at either spot at Auburn, thus looking around. Moncreif was the #1 safety coming out but that didn't translate to starting on a bad defense. With the shape our defense in 2016 he might be able to play for us.

I`d be shocked if he got past admissions so it's a moot point IMO.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

Unless the academic standards have dramatically changed, I'll be shocked if he gets in at Michigan.

Good grief...what a myth.  We let Slocum into Michigan for heavens sake.

This kid didn't pass admissions to southern Mississippi. Not sure what myth you're talking about, but if you can't get into Southern Mississippi it will be tough to get into UM. UNLESS, like I said, the standards have changed.