Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Spring Ball Begins

[link=http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mich-m-footbl-mtt.html]http://www.mgoblue.com/sp...mich-m-footbl-mtt.html[/link]

Spring practice starts Tuesday with the first padded practice slated for Friday. The spring roster is out. Notice anything interesting?

Go Blue!!

Comments

• [link=http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mich-m-footbl-mtt.html]http://www.mgoblue.com/sp...mich-m-footbl-mtt.html[/link]

Spring practice starts Tuesday with the first padded practice slated for Friday. The spring roster is out. Notice anything interesting?

Go Blue!!

• [link=http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mich-m-footbl-mtt.html]http://www.mgoblue.com/sp...mich-m-footbl-mtt.html[/link]

Go Blue!!
    Ty Issac is now the size of a bulldozer?
  • Some interesting weights...

Braden is 331? Good grief!

Cole is only 287?

Douglas is back to playing CB.

We have a 5-4, 160lb RB?

Go Blue!!
  • Ian Bunting and Lawrence Marshall both at 240lbs makes me smile. We need big years out of those 2 second year players.

Things I'm hoping to see out of spring ball.

1. Improved QB play
    2. Terrorizing pass rush
    3. Fundamentally sound secondary
    4. Defensive playmakers (more sacks, INTs, and forced fumbles)
    5. Competent O-line play

• Ian Bunting and Lawrence Marshall both at 240lbs makes me smile. We need big years out of those 2 second year players.

Things I'm hoping to see out of spring ball.

1. Improved QB play
    2. Terrorizing pass rush
    3. Fundamentally sound secondary
    4. Defensive playmakers (more sacks, INTs, and forced fumbles)
    5. Competent O-line play

TE’s will be key in this offense.

All things listed above would be great to see in a short spring session….but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Go Blue!!
  • What I wanna see......no clapping at INTs, no unwarranted but smacks. (I'm all for both just when time is right) wanna see a qb comp, Oline improve, and peppers back!
  • jsj_297 wrote:

Wangler as a WR?
    His Brother, there are two Wranglers 
  • If we don't get competent QB play, we're f*cked no matter what.

Go Blue!!
  • #2 and #4 on my list are going to be hard to do in one year. We have to recruit our way out of those issues and that takes time. Steps in that direction from guys like Marshall, Peppers, and Mario will hopefully happen.
  • “It’s like coming out of the mother’s womb. …Now you are out into the chaos.”

Jim Harbaugh on spring practice...haha

Go Blue!!
  • Good to see some new football vidjas on MGoBlue again.

Can someone give Jimmy a hat that fits him?  It's like he was rooting around in his dad's closet and found that piss pot he's wearing.

I like the guy more and more as I hear him talk.  I really had no idea how goofy he is.
  • Harbaugh wore cleats and had receiver gloves in his pocket for the first day of practice... 
  • He also hiked the ball to the qb's and showed them how to go through reads it appeared.

He's extremely active in practice
  • biggest thing to me is to get the line in order. That is the most important fix first and foremost. Especially now that the QB will probably not be as mobile as they have had in the past. They have decent RB's and if UM can really get the lined turned around I believe they can win 8 games just by running the ball and playing good def.

QB's will be a work in progress and may change several times even during the season. Not too worried about it tho. They have the right coach to coach them at their position.

OLINE OLINE OLINE the mantra for the spring
  • Before anything else gets accomplished this team needs to find it's nasty. Michigan Football has been far too soft for far too long.

After that all we can really hope to see is steady improvement throughout the year. As long as the team that takes the field against pOSU is significantly better than the one taking the field now we should be happy.
  • Jabes0623 wrote:

Before anything else gets accomplished this team needs to find it's nasty. Michigan Football has been far too soft for far too long.

After that all we can really hope to see is steady improvement throughout the year. As long as the team that takes the field against pOSU is significantly better than the one taking the field now we should be happy.
    It's funny, Brady Hoke came in preaching toughness and good line play from his first press conference on and never delivered. Now here we are 4 year later, attempting to put together strong lines on both sides of the ball and hoping to get a tough squad.

How much of that can be fixed in an off-season or even a year I`m not sure. I personally think Harbaugh is going to have to weed some guys out and replace them with more edgy guys in order for the dynamic to change.
  • Hopefully Kalis left his flute and violin back in Cleveland….

I have to imagine Drevno will move the dial with a lot of OL that we haven’t heard from or about the last 1-2 years…

And do we think it’s a good thing that all our RB’s are all almost 240 pounds?? haha

Go Blue!!

• Hopefully Kalis left his flute and violin back in Cleveland….

I have to imagine Drevno will move the dial with a lot of OL that we haven’t heard from or about the last 1-2 years…

And do we think it’s a good thing that all our RB’s are all almost 240 pounds?? haha

Go Blue!!
    Ty Issac looks like a transformer LOL! If he can maintain his speed and explosiveness watch out!
  • Jabes0623 wrote:

Before anything else gets accomplished this team needs to find it's nasty. Michigan Football has been far too soft for far too long.

It's funny, Brady Hoke came in preaching toughness and good line play from his first press conference on and never delivered. Now here we are 4 year later, attempting to put together strong lines on both sides of the ball and hoping to get a tough squad.

How much of that can be fixed in an off-season or even a year I`m not sure. I personally think Harbaugh is going to have to weed some guys out and replace them with more edgy guys in order for the dynamic to change.
    Brady Hoke preached it but never practiced it.

I'm 100% certain that somewhere on this roster there are kids who possess the nasty gene. I agree that it will take several years to fully integrate it into the entire team but there's no reason we cant see a marked improvement in this area almost immediately.

As for weeding out the soft, absolutely. I'll be surprised (& frankly disappointed) if several kids on this team don't quit or transfer over the next few months.

• Jabes0623 wrote:

Yep, absolutely…and it won’t happen overnight…however, fans are anxious and won’t settle for sloppy and weak play very long. Losing under Hoke was bad, but HOW we lost and HOW we looked losing is what made it unbearable.

Go Blue!!
  • I just hope all the backs can still operate with the added weight…and obviously the OL play is a major part of our ground game. If that improves, I feel confident in just about any back on our roster with the ball in their hands. Outside of maybe Smith, he disappointed me last year, I was expecting much more. Isaac is an unknown commodity because we haven’t seen him play. Green should be a beast again, Johnson is again behind the 8 ball because of injury and the new kid will probably redshirt.

Go Blue!!
  • Just read that Alex Malone and Drake Harris has shined so far in practices.
  • Jake Butt will have a monster season in this offense. 
  • What happened to Karsch?  He get squeezed out at MGoBlue.com?
  • Jack Miller foregoing his 5th year. according to Sam Webb. Hope Kugler is ready.

• Jack Miller foregoing his 5th year. according to Sam Webb. Hope Kugler is ready.

Only took a few spring practices to have him running or is there a different reason?

Go Blue!!
  • Said he will not be transferring. Leaving the team to focus on academics and other business opportunities.

• Said he will not be transferring. Leaving the team to focus on academics and other business opportunities.

Men for Others!

Go Blue!!