Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Former Houston QB John O’Korn Announces He’s Transferring To Michigan

[link=http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan-big-ten/former-houston-qb-john-okorn-announces-hes-transferring-to-michigan]http://collegespun.com/bi...ansferring-to-michigan[/link]

[quote]
Jim Harbaugh has added another quarterback to his roster at Michigan.

Thursday morning, former Houston quarterback John O’Korn announced he will be transferring to the Wolverines’ program. O’Korn spent two years with the Cougars, starting 11 games as a true freshman while throwing for 3,117 yards and 28 touchdowns. This past season, O’Korn was benched after struggling with turnovers. He was the top recruit in Houston’s 2013 class.

O’Korn announced he was seeking a transfer in mid-January. [/quote]

Go Blue!!

Comments

• [link=http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan-big-ten/former-houston-qb-john-okorn-announces-hes-transferring-to-michigan]http://collegespun.com/bi...ansferring-to-michigan[/link]
    Jim Harbaugh has added another quarterback to his roster at Michigan.

Thursday morning, former Houston quarterback John O’Korn announced he will be transferring to the Wolverines’ program. O’Korn spent two years with the Cougars, starting 11 games as a true freshman while throwing for 3,117 yards and 28 touchdowns. This past season, O’Korn was benched after struggling with turnovers. He was the top recruit in Houston’s 2013 class.

O’Korn announced he was seeking a transfer in mid-January.

Go Blue!!
  • Interesting. Will he be allowed to play right away?

And how many QBs are (or will be) on the roster now? Does this mean JH doesn't feel confident about who he's inherited?
  • Do we have 6 qb's now

Shane
    Korn
    Alex
    Will
    Freshman from NeW Mexico EDIT Gentry
    Cleary
  • johnny3435 wrote:

Interesting. Will he be allowed to play right away?

And how many QBs are (or will be) on the roster now? Does this mean JH doesn't feel confident about who he's inherited?
    He's a straight transfer, not a graduate transfer.

Jedd Fisch indicated on signing day that plan is to have 5-6 QBs on the roster at all times.
  • Welcome aboard.....I don't know where you are going to fit in for the next few years as I assume Morris and Gentry will probably lock down the top 2 spots for the next several years
  • Jedd Fisch indicated on signing day that plan is to have 5-6 QBs on the roster at all times.

I would like this a lot more if they all had different skill sets. 
  • I was reading we already have 7 QBs on the roster if you count two guys I haven't heard of Garrett Moores(Sr) and Alex Sweica(So).  Now add a retread from Houston?  I don't get this move.  JH and staff must have little or no confidence in Morris and Speight.   I know there are smarter roster guys on here than me so help a brotha out.

GO BLUE!
  • Edub4Blue wrote:

Now add a retread from Houston?  I don't get this move. 

GO BLUE!

Agreed.  Tom Herman's castoffs?  Really?
  • Edub4Blue wrote:

I was reading we already have 7 QBs on the roster if you count two guys I haven't heard of Garrett Moores(Sr) and Alex Sweica(So).  Now add a retread from Houston?  I don't get this move.  JH and staff must have little or no confidence in Morris and Speight.   I know there are smarter roster guys on here than me so help a brotha out.

GO BLUE!

We have 4 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster. Walk-ons are nice, but they're walk-ons for a reason. O'Korn not only gives us a 5th scholarship QB but gives more class balance as well. After he sits a year and is eligible in 2016 our QBs that season look like this:
    SR- Shane
    RS JR- O'Korn
    RS SO- Speight
    SO or RS FR- Gentry
    SO or RS FR- Malzone
    and a 2016 recruit
  • Walk-ons don't count as QBs people, Brian Griese ain't walking through that door.

As Ohio State showed this past season, you can't have enough QBs.

• Walk-ons don't count as QBs people, Brian Griese ain't walking through that door.

As Ohio State showed this past season, you can't have enough QBs.

So you're saying O'Korn comes here, works his way to the #3 QB, then leads us to a NC in 2016? That is AWESOME!
  • Edub4Blue wrote:

I was reading we already have 7 QBs on the roster if you count two guys I haven't heard of Garrett Moores(Sr) and Alex Sweica(So).  Now add a retread from Houston?  I don't get this move.  JH and staff must have little or no confidence in Morris and Speight.   I know there are smarter roster guys on here than me so help a brotha out.

GO BLUE!

We have 4 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster. Walk-ons are nice, but they're walk-ons for a reason. O'Korn not only gives us a 5th scholarship QB but gives more class balance as well. After he sits a year and is eligible in 2016 our QBs that season look like this:
    SR- Shane
    RS JR- O'Korn
    RS SO- Speight
    SO or RS FR- Gentry
    SO or RS FR- Malzone
    and a 2016 recruit
    Makes complete sense.  See I told you there were smarter roster guys on here than me...thats why I asked.  Thanks bro!
    Also didn't realize those other two guys were walk-ons.  Hoke did a really ****ty job recruiting QBs I guess?

GO BLUE!
  • O'Korn isn't a complete bum btw. He had a freshman All-American caliber season, then bottomed out as a sophomore and he got benched. A change in scenery and high level coaching will hopefully put him right in the QB mix. Good to have a guy that's taken meaningful college snap regardless.

58.1% completion, 3117yds, 28 TDs, 10INT

52% completion, 951yds, 6TD, 8INT
  • It's about THIS year. O'Korn is out of the mix, and methinks that Shane will be, by Memorial Day. That leaves Speight, Malzone and Gentry to battle it out for the 1-2-3 order, and ALL of them having to compete against O'Korn, a year from now.

Gentry strikes me as the UM answer to Cardale Jones, based upon what I have read.

LOTS of high-caliber QB talent is looking for the JH developmental treatment, which just begs a repeat of the question, "who's got it better than us?"

We all know the answer to that one!
  • Isn't it amazing, 1 year 1QB and 1back-up. Now we have them coming out of the woodwork. Can say it's a good thing.

• It's about THIS year. O'Korn is out of the mix, and methinks that Shane will be, by Memorial Day. That leaves Speight, Malzone and Gentry to battle it out for the 1-2-3 order, and ALL of them having to compete against O'Korn, a year from now.
    These kinds of posts are going to give jsj another heart attack.
  • zjgm02 wrote:

It's about THIS year. O'Korn is out of the mix, and methinks that Shane will be, by Memorial Day. That leaves Speight, Malzone and Gentry to battle it out for the 1-2-3 order, and ALL of them having to compete against O'Korn, a year from now.
    These kinds of posts are going to give jsj another heart attack.
    I did have some slight chest discomfort after reading "Morris will be out by Memorial Day" ........probably just heartburn though. MOM, WHERES THE DAMN PEPTO!?!? what is she doing back there?