Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Has No One Seen This, or Did I Miss It In Another Thread

[link=http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-gators-first-week-of-gators-coaching-search-offered-a-little-bit-of-everything-20141121-post.html]This piece gives some insight into Florida's search, so it may be something to follow as that could the primary competitor to Michigan in finding a coach.[/link]

Some interesting quotes, if clicking is too taxing:

[Quote]
Earlier in the day, ESPN's Brett McMurphy said [b]Mullen[/b], the Gators' offensive coordinator from 2005-08, and Rodriquez, now at Arizona, will not be considered for the UF opening.[/quote]

[quote=Jeremy Foley, Florida AD:]
UF seeks a coach with a track record of offensive success and the ability to deliver a  championship experience with integrity.[/quote]

I gotta say that I would looooove to see Florida hire Kelly away from the Domers, or if they somehow managed to lure Meyer back to Gainesville.  This is obviously only as much as Foley wants the media to know, which could be nothing, but not pursuing Mullen presumably opens up the field for Michigan if Hackett whiffs on a Harbaugh.

Interesting to note that James Franklin, Chris Petersen, Charlie Strong and even Craig Bohl are all currently in their first years coaching a different program than the one they led in 2013, so if Brandon had fired Hoke when he [i]should [/i]have, there are 4 guys right there who were evidently willing to move on for the right price and opportunity. 

It's probably moot anyway as they would've sniffed out Brandon's full intentions and said thanks but no thanks to him looking over their shoulder.  Perhaps not Strong or Bohl, though, as the former deals with many of the same nonsense at UT and the former was an FCS guy who would jump at the chance to coach almost anywhere in FBS (hello Wyoming).  

Comments

• [link=http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-gators-first-week-of-gators-coaching-search-offered-a-little-bit-of-everything-20141121-post.html]This piece gives some insight into Florida's search, so it may be something to follow as that could the primary competitor to Michigan in finding a coach.[/link]

Some interesting quotes, if clicking is too taxing:

Earlier in the day, ESPN's Brett McMurphy said Mullen, the Gators' offensive coordinator from 2005-08, and Rodriquez, now at Arizona, will not be considered for the UF opening.

UF seeks a coach with a track record of offensive success and the ability to deliver a  championship experience with integrity.

I gotta say that I would looooove to see Florida hire Kelly away from the Domers, or if they somehow managed to lure Meyer back to Gainesville.  This is obviously only as much as Foley wants the media to know, which could be nothing, but not pursuing Mullen presumably opens up the field for Michigan if Hackett whiffs on a Harbaugh.

Interesting to note that James Franklin, Chris Petersen, Charlie Strong and even Craig Bohl are all currently in their first years coaching a different program than the one they led in 2013, so if Brandon had fired Hoke when he should have, there are 4 guys right there who were evidently willing to move on for the right price and opportunity. 

It's probably moot anyway as they would've sniffed out Brandon's full intentions and said thanks but no thanks to him looking over their shoulder.  Perhaps not Strong or Bohl, though, as the former deals with many of the same nonsense at UT and the former was an FCS guy who would jump at the chance to coach almost anywhere in FBS (hello Wyoming).  
  • The whole "with integrity" rules out Urban going back to UF.
  • SEC integrity or genuine integrity ? Definition please.