Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Senior Bowl......

So did anyone watch it?  I didn't get a chance.  Just looked at the stats and saw Denard had 1 rushing attempt for -3 yards and no receptions.  Did he even play much?  Drops, targets, etc?

anyone?

Comments

• So did anyone watch it?  I didn't get a chance.  Just looked at the stats and saw Denard had 1 rushing attempt for -3 yards and no receptions.  Did he even play much?  Drops, targets, etc?

anyone?
  • I guess the stats I was looking at were incomplete.

Former Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson continued his conversion to receiver. He lost 3 yards on a reverse but turned a screen pass from Nassib into a 14-yard gain late in the third quarter and added a 7-yard catch in the fourth.

not sure how many targets he had
  • He made a real nice catch on an out route
  • I think he had a average to poor performance compared to the other "elite" players.   I honestly don't think he will be drafted until the 5th or 6 th round...or be a free agent pick up.  He doesn't seem to be the player he once was.
  • vixblue wrote:

I think he had a average to poor performance compared to the other "elite" players.   I honestly don't think he will be drafted until the 5th or 6 th round...or be a free agent pick up.  He doesn't seem to be the player he once was.

You do realize he still has nerve damage in his right arm and until this week has never run routes before in his life. Surely you don't expect him to come out like Calvin Johnson but what you want to see as a scout is a kid willing to learn and try and THAT'S what they saw this week.

Go Blue!!
  • BS. No team is gonna take a million dollar gamble on a kid with nerve damage and a lack of experience at a new position. With that bring said you make my point for me. Nerve damage is a gamble. 5th or 6 th round I'd where he goes
  • vixblue wrote:

BS. No team is gonna take a million dollar gamble on a kid with nerve damage and a lack of experience at a new position. With that bring said you make my point for me. Nerve damage is a gamble. 5th or 6 th round I'd where he goes

You're right, teams have never drafted kids coming off surgery...

Go Blue!!
  • WolvyMike wrote:

he had surgery?

Not yet.

Go Blue!!
  • the nerve thingy is just a cover up because we all knew including the coaches D rob would not be a Qb at the next level. So instead of switching him fast they slow played it out . Skill bring in $$ and Denard has skill just not at QB.

• the nerve thingy is just a cover up because we all knew including the coaches D rob would not be a Qb at the next level. So instead of switching him fast they slow played it out . Skill bring in $$ and Denard has skill just not at QB.

Please tell me you are joking. Did you see Denard try to pass in the bowl game? It went about 5 yards and was wobbly. You could tell it was still bothering him even then! This hasn't been said, but it seems like to me Denard had two choices. One, have surgery, which would have ended his season. Or two, switch positions and play through the pain. He did the later for Michigan. 
  • All in all from what I seen he was good....not being a homer but he made a great catch while being defended and on a slip screen made a guy miss in space.... you aee rihhr no one will spend millions on him that is why he wint go in the first round I do expect second to fourth
  • If anyone finds Denard specific highlights from the game, send them this way :)
  • Somebody is gonna pick him up and give him a chance. Probably the Pats, lions, or eagles.......Kelly loves speedsters.

I wouldnt mind Carolina picking him up as a special teams returner, letting him groom with Steve Smith, thats how he developed into an NFL WR. (Yes, I know he played WR at Utah).....He has a lot of potential teams to go to, just a matter of how early or late he goes, but Im 99% sure he gets drafted by end of round 3. Maybe early 4.
  • aMAIZEing wrote:

If anyone finds Denard specific highlights from the game, send them this way :)
    Heres a little video I found on Youtube.......

[link]
  • What was up with the chrome shield? 
  • Denard will be drafted.  He is a project for sure, but he still has things you cannot teach like elite speed and great vision running the ball.  If the ball is in his hands he is a weapon.  I would be surprised if he is drafted higher than the 4th round, especially since he struggled during the week of Senior Bowl.  If I was an NFL GM, I would draft him in the 5th round as a project.
  • You guys are so funny with "He is a project"  BS.   NO ONE wants a project.... If you look at todays draft picks they are polished and ready to play at the NFL level.  GONE are the days of drafting a QB in the first round and having him ride the pine to learn before he plays.  Cam Newton, Luck, Griffen III.  Those are the types of players that will be productive and have long careers.  DR will be lucky to see the field in pre season games.  I love they guy...he was great college player but a pro he is not.
  • vixblue wrote:

You guys are so funny with "He is a project"  BS.   NO ONE wants a project.... If you look at todays draft picks they are polished and ready to play at the NFL level.  GONE are the days of drafting a QB in the first round and having him ride the pine to learn before he plays.  Cam Newton, Luck, Griffen III.  Those are the types of players that will be productive and have long careers.  DR will be lucky to see the field in pre season games.  I love they guy...he was great college player but a pro he is not.
    Tim Tebow...and besides, Denard is not going to be playing QB in the pros so the point you made about QBs is moot anyway
  • Denard could turn out like Armanti Edwards, who hasn't scored an NFL TD in 3 years or he could turn out like Randell EL/Kordell Stewart or he could fall in the middle. Really just don't know at this point. I do know he has the talent and drive to be successful so I guess we'll see what happens.

Go Blue!!

• not sure if calling Denard a project is "BS", but if no one drafts him then I will eat my words I guess.  And I didn't see anyone comparing Denard(who isn't expected to be a high 1st or 2nd round pick anyways) to a guy like Andrew Luck and RG3, so not sure what your point was there.  And teams like the Patriots will draft somewhat of a project, Nate Solder comes to mind. He was raw but loaded with talent, they didn't force him into the starting left tackle position early, had him come in as an extra tight end and filled in at right tackle, but now he has developed into their franchise left tackle.   But again, even that isn't that good of a comparison because he was a FIRST ROUND pick, and Denard won't be drafted in the 1st round so won't be forced to produce immediately.

Again, I'd be shocked if Denard isn't drafted as a project.  Not claiming he is going to a hall of famer.

vixblue wrote:

You guys are so funny with "He is a project"  BS.   NO ONE wants a project.... If you look at todays draft picks they are polished and ready to play at the NFL level.  GONE are the days of drafting a QB in the first round and having him ride the pine to learn before he plays.  Cam Newton, Luck, Griffen III.  Those are the types of players that will be productive and have long careers.  DR will be lucky to see the field in pre season games.  I love they guy...he was great college player but a pro he is not.

• vixblue wrote:
    Cam Newton, Luck, Griffen III.  Those are the types of players that will be productive and have long careers.

RG3 couldn't finish this season healthy and it ended with a torn LCL and ACL that will keep him out until at least week 3 of next season. Cam Newton regressed this year. Luck will have a long career because he doesn't put his body at risk like the others.

I like this saying for golfers and the same could be said for running QBs too: Dogs who chase cars and pros who putt for pars don't last long.

However, we are not comparing Denard to other QBs because he won't be a QB in the NFL.

Go Blue!!

• Dont remind me of Edwards please.....Everyone down here thought he was gonna be the second coming.......Gag me with a spoon.