UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 1: MICHIGAN (#18) @ Minnesota (#21) 7:30 PM EST on ABC GAMEDAY THREAD

2»

Comments

• Apparently, they don’t feel like calling holding pound leaves on Minnesota…

Go Blue!!
  • They push off a DB for a 40 yard pass and then call a phantom call on Hill later.  Same old Great refs in the Big I see
  • I’ve never seen a game start like this. Crazy plays all over the place. 
  • They can't put fans 6 feet apart in the stadium?
  • Milton is really better at being dual threat than I gave him credit for. The threat of him running is going to open things up.
  • Six points left on the field because our kicker sucks....

Go Blue!!
  • 2 missed FGs by Moody. Go to Quinn. 
  • One day day soon the kicking issues will bite us in the a$$. Let's hope it's not tonite. Milton looks pretty comfortable and has made some good decisions. Love the speed we have. Now finish strong boys!
  • At least we're not Penn State.  They got screwed.  Hard to feel sorry for them though with their piss poor clock management.
  • edited October 2020
    Just the threat of Milton is showing you what happens when you have a mobile QB. their defense is commuting to him every time he rolls out and that should have been an easy TD.

either way 42-24 Michigan. Milton may not be Fields but so far he has proved to manage a game on the road vs a top 25 team better than Shea or Peters or any Michigan QB has done in 5 years. This team looks legit.
  • I’d pump the brakes just a tad before saying we are legit. We are desperately missing Collins at WR. 

And we are so thin at DT. The fact that Minn is running it down our throats with 2 of their starting linemen out is very concerning. 

But. I thought we would lose this game. Seemed like a typical Harbaugh loss on paper. 

Milton has really impressed me with his calmness. Making the right decisions. Not forcing anything. And it’s nice to have a Cam Newton at QB at the goal line. 
  • I don’t think we have a lot of stars on offense… But if we have a QB who can give them the ball, that’s all that matters. I’d rather take an explosive offense and an opportunistic defense in today’s football…

Go Blue!!
  • edited October 2020
    I’d pump the brakes just a tad before saying we are legit. We are desperately missing Collins at WR. 

And we are so thin at DT. The fact that Minn is running it down our throats with 2 of their starting linemen out is very concerning. 

But. I thought we would lose this game. Seemed like a typical Harbaugh loss on paper. 

Milton has really impressed me with his calmness. Making the right decisions. Not forcing anything. And it’s nice to have a Cam Newton at QB at the goal line. 
    I'm more impressed with the Defense.  we returned 1 Total Int, and lost what 8 starters last year? and we have like 9 sacks in this game.... 

Again Not saying we can play with OSU but PSU didn't look world killer today. Indiana won on a prayer. I think after today's performance we should be favored vs everyone but Wisc (untill OSU obv). We are one of the youngest teams in the big 10 and yet with only 25 practices we look like the Senior Team in this game. This team will only get better. And we get to ritualistically sacrifice a Spartan 70 to 7 next week .
  • So, your kicker misses on 3 attempts.  When do you pull him?
  • Gotta think Nordin starts next week. 

Or, you trot out Moody one last time next week and if he misses you yank him. 
  • Gotta think Nordin starts next week. 

Or, you trot out Moody one last time next week and if he misses you yank him. 
    your assuming we have to kick a FG vs Sparty? once were up 28-0 never kick a FG. Go for blood. 70 points vs the awful Spartans. They are the new Rutgers.
  • Great win, need better play from DT, FG kicking, and why not use Bell and Zach more????
  • So far, you guys have me sold on Milton. He looked really good and I had no idea he could run like that. The dude is HUGE. We have a run game and the O line played well. The D is not good-super thin on the line and the DB’s are brutal-so it’s gonna get rough. OSU will hang 75 on us but the rest? Could be interesting. With a full Minny team and a packed stadium, this game looks much different. But we take it and move on. 
  • Can anyone remember the last flag for holding thrown on the team playing Michigan?  How is this possible?
    Minnesota simply did it on every play. 

Dax getting hurt is a hard pill for that secondary to swallow.  Lots of inexperience.

Milton looked pretty solid for a first start on the road, in the cold.  No fans helped a bit, I’m sure.

The offense seemed pretty balanced, and I agree, not having Nico is tough.  They spread the ball around to everyone, which was good.
    Decent performance for the O-line.

Good first game for the books, with the stand out of M kicking being atrocious.  
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Can anyone remember the last flag for holding thrown on the team playing Michigan?  How is this possible?
    Minnesota simply did it on every play. 

Dax getting hurt is a hard pill for that secondary to swallow.  Lots of inexperience.

Milton looked pretty solid for a first start on the road, in the cold.  No fans helped a bit, I’m sure.

The offense seemed pretty balanced, and I agree, not having Nico is tough.  They spread the ball around to everyone, which was good.
    Decent performance for the O-line.

Good first game for the books, with the stand out of M kicking being atrocious.  
    seems to have come out after the game in typical Harbaugh fashion we only knew half the story on the kicking game. Nordin was not dressed or available for the game and had been injured on and off for the last few weeks reinjuring w/e late in the week. good chance Moody would not have been given 3 shots. Hopefully he can be back for MSU.
  • Overall they looked good however it will mean nothing unless Jimmy has a different playbook for both O and Def against OSU meaning I hope you have a game plan that is specific for OSU (just like they do for UM) or it won’t matter 
  • I'm impressed with Milton and his development. He looks confident and composed, and now has lots of touch on his passes. He's passing now rather than throwing.
    Lots of mental errors early, and the team needs to stop with the penalties.
    I think these little burners they have on offense (Giles, Corum, etc.) can be playmakers if they're given the chance and get can an early block.
    This was a much different game than I suspect most of us envisioned. Definitely different than what Don Brown expected. He's used to his unit giving up nothing for the first month of the season, and they got run over pretty decisively last night. 
    Lots of work to do, and hopefully next weekend is the drubbing we've wanted since JH came home.
  • edited October 2020
    TK23Blue said:
    So far, you guys have me sold on Milton. He looked really good and I had no idea he could run like that. The dude is HUGE. We have a run game and the O line played well. The D is not good-super thin on the line and the DB’s are brutal-so it’s gonna get rough. OSU will hang 75 on us but the rest? Could be interesting. With a full Minny team and a packed stadium, this game looks much different. But we take it and move on. 
    I've really grown jaded over the RichRod/Hoke/Harbaugh (just typing that out depresses me) period to hype about players.
    But the praise about Milton this pre-season has been practically universal and often unsolicited. I posted the full press conferences (well until the AD got cranky and started enforcing the 5 minute cap) these are two good examples:
    Don Brown 42:40 mark:

Mike Sainristil 8:10 mark:

• Fleck said they were in the game until the last 5 mins.   I think he hit his head with one of those boat oars.
  • That game was over the minute Michigan answered Minnesota’s open drive of the second half with one of their own. 
  • Fleck said they were in the game until the last 5 mins.   I think he hit his head with one of those boat oars.
    +1
    Last 5 minutes of which quarter?  :D
    Heard that too!  He's such a douche.  I mean, did you see him jumping and hugging people when we missed our first FG of the night???  It was an effing miss, not a block or anything Minny did to make Moody miss and yet he's celebrating like they just won the CFP?!?!  

As for Milton, nothing like meeting expectations!  He totally did not look like a QB making his first collegiate start!!!  He was calm, cool and collected all night long!  And the kicker is, he could have had about 60 more passing yards and 2 more tds if All doesn't drop that td where he was WIDE OPEN or if Ronnie Bell doesn't stumble and fall on what should have been a waltz into the end zone!!!

Now onto Sparty who looked terrible in losing at home to Rutgers!!!  I will relish the beatdown that we should give Sparty this Saturday.  The only bad thing is that Douchetonio won't be on the sideline to take his beating!!!  I guess he was smarter than we gave him credit for.  He got the hell out at just the right time!!!