UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 1: MICHIGAN (#18) @ Minnesota (#21) 7:30 PM EST on ABC GAMEDAY THREAD

Let’s get it started.....

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Michigan is 0-10 on the road as an underdog with Harbaugh.

Go Blue!!
  • I hope they make it through:
    1 - Healthy
    2  -  Successful
  • "Nico is not participating in football right now," Harbaugh said. "I don't have a crystal ball as to if his mind would change on that. I know he's not currently on the team."
    Interesting that he kinda leaves the door open.....however, you gotta believe that if Nico is not with the team now, he’s not gonna be with the team all season.

"Naming any starter at this point, it's a daily thing, right up until the game time," he said. "Tough for me to say that definitely anybody is going to be starting. We have to test Friday before we leave to be able to make the trip and test negative on game day to be able to play."
    There aren't any players who can't play on Saturday because of COVID as of right now.

Go Blue!!
  • Fleck said he knows current number of players unavailable due to Covid, but he's not telling anyone.

Go Blue!!
  • “I mean I don’t have an estimate as I know that number, but I’m just not going to tell you the number,” Fleck said in a video news conference. “There’s a lot of reasons why, but this is how the whole year is going to be, and there are no excuses. We’ve got to be able to find a way. Our team has known that from day one back in March. We said the same thing before anybody was out. Whether by the opt-out, injury or COVID, we said the same thing. Whoever finds a way to do this better for longer. We’re going to need the entire football team.”
    “Is it a little bit nerve-wracking at times knowing who’s going to play, who’s not, who you give the reps to, and then all of a sudden you find out on Thursday or Friday that they can’t play for two or three week? Yeah, that can be a little bit nerve-wracking, but you respond,” Fleck said. "You put your oar back in the water and you respond you do everything proactively to prepare and educate your team, the best way you possibly can, that it’s not, if it comes, it’s when it comes, I have to be ready. And if everybody buys into that you’re going to have a chance to be really successful. Now again, I don’t want you all to think we have 65 players ‘out’ right now. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying, as a whole, what could happen now, what could happen then, what could happen in six weeks from now.”

Go Blue!!
  • Wow if I had this guy in College as a Professor I would drop the class after the first lecture. LOL
  • edited October 21
    TL; DR
    Milton, Rashod Bateman, Vincent Gray, ben St-Juste, Steuber.

• I'm really looking forward to seeing Milton. Everybody seems to be genuinely impressed with his growth. It's been a while (Denard) since we've had a gamechanger at the QB position. 
  • People in the NFL have been talking about Milton before he has even started a game at Michigan… There’s a lot of buzz around him and hopefully he has a great season and can live up to the expectations. We have something special here…

Go Blue!!
  • I made the statement 2 years ago that Milton would become the best QB on the roster.

I stick by that. He has more god given talent than ANY Michigan QB in 15 years. People talked about his arm as being the strongest in his class, and his class was Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. You cannot teach 6'6 and throw 70 yard bombs but his accuracy in HS was awful all the talent in the world but very very very unrefined. You can take all the 5ft 9 QB's in the world to find 1 that ends up working out but a 6'6" QB with an arm like Milton is something special.

The jokes about Harbaugh's inability to develop a QB really is the story of tomorrow. Milton is 100% the kind of QB Harbaugh was brought here to bring to Michigan. a QB that will have NFL scouts drooling if he can show improvement because he has the NFL size and strength to be a 15 year QB in the league.

And I think he gets it done tomorrow and shows he is the real deal.

Michigan 31 Minnesota 17 

• We have a QB that was basically third on the depth chart last year but who suddenly has the most talent we've seen in YEARS and has NFL people talking about him, yet he hasn't taken a meaningful snap in his career? Do I have that straight? Man, that's a helluva lot of growth over a Covid-19 summer.  I think I heard the same thing about Shea Patterson, only back then people were predicting multiple Heisman Trophies. The fact is, Milton is all we have (other than the overblown hype, of course), and he has little to no meaningful experience. That seems like it should be a concern. I hope people are right, but I'd like to at least watch him play one game. (Not having to deal with crowd noise should help a lot.)
  • TK23Blue said:
    We have a QB that was basically third on the depth chart last year but who suddenly has the most talent we've seen in YEARS and has NFL people talking about him, yet he hasn't taken a meaningful snap in his career? Do I have that straight? Man, that's a helluva lot of growth over a Covid-19 summer.  I think I heard the same thing about Shea Patterson, only back then people were predicting multiple Heisman Trophies. The fact is, Milton is all we have (other than the overblown hype, of course), and he has little to no meaningful experience. That seems like it should be a concern. I hope people are right, but I'd like to at least watch him play one game. (Not having to deal with crowd noise should help a lot.)
    He was a project from HS. He was never a start as a freshman qb or even a Sophomore. He was always a 2 year project.

His HS completion rate was 55%. He also threw the ball over the Training facility at a QB camp.. and another story I remember is him throwing the ball through the up rites from 70 yards. Remember his freshman year when he nearly Murdered a WR with a ball thrown so hard if it had been 12 inches lower our WR would have needed to be carted off the field with a concussion. He is 6'6" and 240 lbs he is a huge monster of  a QB that was considered such a raw talent that he was ESPN 200 with a 55% completion rate WITH A WR that went to a MAC school playing next to him vs no competition.. My High school's QB had a better completion rate than that and he never played another snap of football after HS.

The Talk from the NFL scouts is real, at least give him 1 quarter before you start trashing him and calling for Harbaugh to be fired. Even though you would rather have the soft as ice-cream McCaffery who you breath on and he breaks his collarbone for a 3rd time.
  • Good Lord, lay off Dylan. Why all the hate? He didn’t work out, no need to trash the kid. 

I too hope Milton is for real but I’m with TK, I’m going to wait to see. 
  • Goblue88 said:
    He also threw the ball over the Training facility at a QB camp.. and another story I remember is him throwing the ball through the up rites from 70 yards. Remember his freshman year when he nearly Murdered a WR with a ball thrown so hard if it had been 12 inches lower our WR would have needed to be carted off the field with a concussion. 

Uncle Rico?

• I mean here is a 55 yard 1 step pass from warmup's during the last year dead on to a receiver . I lean towards the 70 yard through the goal posts being pretty reasonable.
  • and our OL is trash. on 3rd down and special teams.
  • Too early to start the PJ Fleck to Replace Harbaugh hype train yet?...
    I'm kidding.... Kinda
  • Strap in.  This is going to be a bizarre season.  
  • Good to know we will still be conservative on offense 😂 and our starting FG kicker shanks a 38 yarder. 

Nothing is a given this year. 
  • 2nd and two and they get conservative run three straight times. Good grief
  • Tanner Morgan GOT WRECKED....
    Ball right into the big mans hands who can jog in 14-7 Michigan!!!!!
  • What a crazy turn of events so far.