Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 10: Michigan St @ MICHIGAN (#14) 12:00 PM FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

Michigan is on by this week, 11/9, so the next game is against Sparty in 2 weeks on 11/16.

Hopefully, this team takes a different approach during the bye week a second time around than they did the first time when we got shellacked by Wisconsin.

Sparty sucks and their offense is inept and their season is in turmoil but none of that matters when they come to the Big House in two weeks. This is their Super Bowl.

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Wonder if they will lose any more players to the transfer portal or drug tests.
  • edited November 8
    This is an absolute must win.

Keep pounding the rock & build the passing game off of that. Patterson hasn’t shown much ability to be accurate in the pocket, we’ve got to find ways to move the pocket & get Patterson rolling out to the edges with RPO’s. Drag routes, curls, comebacks & if those are successful then take deep shots off double moves. 

The players have to be 100% focused on MooU. But the staff HAS to be looking ahead to tOSU & getting work in that will help us against their D & Chase Young.

On D this is a final dress rehearsal. IU is no joke & tOSU’s work speaks for itself. I hope DB has learned the lessons of his own history & is installing lots of wrinkles during the bye for the last 2 games they can work on in this one.

UM 20
    MooU 13
  • We haven't won at home in this game since 2012.  I think the players will be motivated to pile up the points on their little brother.
  • Don’t turn the ball over. That’s honestly the only way MSU scores points on our D. Don’t force anything, punt, make MSU have to move the ball on a long field against our D-don’t see that happening. 

Patterson has to keep the bell on those zone reads. I understand not doing it against Maryland but this game? Keep it and torch them. 

And pray that Dantonio doesn’t conjure up one of his patentante rain storms.  
  • Michigan 45 MSU 3.

we score early and often.

This is the ass whooping that ends Dantonio's tenure at MSU. He announces his resignation effective at the end of the year.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Michigan 45 MSU 3.

This is the ass whooping that ends Dantonio's tenure at MSU. He announces his resignation effective at the end of the year.
    Hopefully this comes true.  Nothing except beating the Buckeyes would please me more.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Michigan 45 MSU 3.

Michigan State University Athletic Director Bill Beekman:

“It obviously hasn’t been the season we hoped it would be at this point," Beekman said during a telephone call on Friday. "But we have a lot of football left to play. So we’ll see how the season goes."

“That is not even a discussion," Beekman said. "Mark’s our head coach, there’s no question about that."

Go Blue!!
  • Michigan State might get stuck. Dantonio needs to go. He had his moment in the sun (mostly made possible by UM screwing up these coaching search) and I doubt I’ll ever see MSU be that good again. But he is past his prime. His offense makes ours look like a Ferrari. 

But how do you fire him? You want to be that guy? How many times have we seen a program be handcuffed because they feel they can’t fire their legendary coach, but that coach refuses to leave when he should.
  • Yesterday, MSU blew a 28-3 lead to Illinois and lost 37-34, in East Lansing....

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 10
    This should be a beat down of which Dantonio has never experienced before. I want blood. I want to stab and then twist the knife. 

This has been brewing ever since Dantonio utter “pride comes before the fall.”

Well, well, well, ironies of ironies, here we are. How sweet is it that Dantonio is going to be a victim of his own words. And the extra cherry on top would be if Michigan is the final nail in his coffin. 

I want a blow out. I want a repeat of Notre Dame. I want him standing on that sideline for the entire second half knowing he has lost, knowing it’s an absolute beat down, knowing that there is nothing he can do about it, and knowing that this entire program that he had once built up so mightily has now completely crumbled and is burning. 

And having all of that happen in Michigan Stadium? Against the school he built his entire program’s identity around? Against MICHIGAN? With a “little brother” chant ringing throughout the Big House ? Oh, it might be too much for me to fully enjoy it all at once. 
  • This should be a beat down of which Dantonio has never experienced before. I want blood. I want to stab and then twist the knife. 

This has been brewing ever since Dantonio utter “pride comes before the fall.”

Well, well, well, ironies of ironies, here we are. How sweet is it that Dantonio is going to be a victim of his own words. And the extra cherry on top would be if Michigan is the final nail in his coffin. 

I want a blow out. I want a repeat of Notre Dame. I want him standing on that sideline for the entire second half knowing he has lost, knowing it’s an absolute beat down, knowing that there is nothing he can do about it, and knowing that this entire program that he had once built up so mightily has now completely crumbled and is burning. 

And having all of that happen in Michigan Stadium? Against the school he built his entire program’s identity around? Against MICHIGAN? With a “little brother” chant ringing throughout the Big House ? Oh, it might be too much for me to fully enjoy it all at once. 
    Wow, you reeeally hate Sparty. Basically, all that happened last season in front of Sparty's home crowd. They weren't blown out scorewise, but they were battered, beaten and outclassed. As the great Devin Bush said: "94 yards of offense."
  • edited November 10
    I just really hate Dantonio. 

And it’s not because he beat us. It’s because he invented disrespect out of anything and everything we did. He ran his mouth more about us then we ever did about MSU. And now that it’s all falling down around him-I get great joy out of it. 
  • Michigan opens as a 12 point favorite. I would imagine that lines goes up. 
  • edited November 11
    A game we should definitely win, and win fairly convincingly: however, these are the types of games that Michigan State and Dantonio thrive in.

Harbaugh needs to take the governor off this team and let things loose…

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 11
    Psst... Michigan's total D in 7th America, and  they are 4th in yards/play.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Psst... Michigan's total D in 7th America, and  they are 4th in yards/play.
    With that said, Michigan State is #96 in total offense and #103 in yards per play and #106 in scoring offense.

Go Blue!!
  • I would be EXTREMELY happy with another sub-100 yard day by the Sparty offense.
  • zjgm02 said:
    I would be EXTREMELY happy with another sub-100 yard day by the Sparty offense.
    If that happens, Michigan should win by three or four touchdowns, right?

Go Blue!!
  • Ambry Thomas today:
    “Right now, it’s the most important game on our schedule,” Thomas said. “It’s about who’s the big brother and who’s the little sister in the state. That’s what it’s really about. We plan to give them our all, just like they plan to give us their all.”
    “You can’t let them get their hairs up,” Thomas said. “We’re going to step on their throat and stay ready all game. We know that they’re going to treat this like their Super Bowl, and we just got to be prepared and attack them like they’re going to attack us.”
    “I see a team with a lot of talent, honestly,” said Thomas, who has 20 tackles, two interceptions, three pass breakups and two fumble recoveries this season. "They just haven’t figured it out yet. A lot of talent.
    "You come to Michigan to play in this game right here and that team down there in Ohio. But you come to Michigan to play in these two games, and these are must-wins for us.”
    Go Blue!!
  • zjgm02 said:
    I would be EXTREMELY happy with another sub-100 yard day by the Sparty offense.
    If that happens, Michigan should win by three or four touchdowns, right?

Go Blue!!
    Just don’t turn the ball over. I can’t see Sparty sustaining long drives against us. 
  • Like EVERY year, forget the stats. They're meaningless.  This is Sharty's NC game and if we let them hang around too long weird shit is gonna happen, you can count on it.  Fake punts, onside kicks, flea flickers, you name it. Dantonio will empty the cupboard so we'd better be ready.  Need to be up by 14+ at half and here's a novel idea for Gattis & Co: when the first 10 runs over center result in 10 total yards, STOP DOING IT.
  • FS1 & the B1G network serving up a little appetizer before the game...

“The documentary on the in-state rivalry will debut on FS1 at 11 p.m. Thursday after MSU’s basketball team faces Seton Hall, a perfect prelude to Saturday’s annual rivalry at noon in Ann Arbor (Fox). It also will air later on Big Ten Network.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/2570819001
  • Never fear guys I am here in Michigan and heading to the game tomorrow. Looking to keep my streak going this season. 
  • Let’s hope they look better coming out of this BYE than they did against Wisconsin…

Go Blue!!
  • Inauspicious start for the Wolverines…

Go Blue!!
  • And we’re back to THAT play calling from Gattis earlier in the season. No rhyme or reason for playcalling. Nothing is being set up and we are just running plays for the sake of running plays. I don’t like the start of this game.

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 16
    If you’re going to go for it on 4th & 3 you run it on 3rd & 3. 

Still early but the play calling is a little too cute for a rivalry game against a team with a horrible O. You don’t need to score 50 to win this one. You need to control the clock, keep the D rested & you achieve that by pounding the shit out of MooU.
  • Thomas having a rough game already