Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 8: Notre Dame (#7) @ MICHIGAN (#19) 7:30 PM EST on ABC GAMEDAY THREAD

Well......what’s gonna be different this week? Did this team turn a corner as some have professed? Or......

Go Blue!!

Comments

• edited October 21
    Which half of the last game will show up for UM against ND?
  • Though I was happy to see the fellas put up a fight & mount a near comeback in Happy Valley, there’s really no way to realistically look at this game & foresee a W.

We still start slow, are inept on O more often than not, turn the ball over, get stupid penalties, drop easy catches, DB’s D still shits the bed when it matters most & of course Jim Harbaugh is still our Coach & ND is ranked 8th. 

There’s really nothing left to play for but pride now. Gone are our chances at the CFP & playing in the B1G Championship game let alone winning it. Harbaugh talks of another heart breaking loss adding steel to the spine, if that were the case this program would be bulletproof at this point.

But he’s right about one thing, trends. And other than getting lucky & upsetting USC once Harbaugh’s trend is to lose big games & finish 2nd or 3rd or 4th. No reason to believe that changes against ND. This entire program is in prove it mode from here on out. There is no more benefit of the doubt. And until they prove otherwise this is just an also ran, middle of the pack B1G program. 

ND has to have this one if they want a shot at the CFP. And I expect them to get it pretty easily.

ND 38
    Blouses 17

• I can't possibly see this inept offense scoring more than 21-24 points at best so that means holding ND below 21?  Yeah, good luck with that.  They run the ball for a couple hundy a game so loading the box will leave our DB's on an island.  If that happens, Book will have a field day.  Under the lights at home is the only thing we have in our favor but that's not nearly enough.  34-20 ND.
  • I think this is the game. I think everything finally falls into place. And don’t underestimate how big of a factor playing this game in The Big House will have. I think we pull the upset. 

We need the Shea of the second half at Penn State for 60 minutes. 
  • Sure hope you're right BHF.  Unfortunately, we've seen little to no evidence of any consistency anywhere on the field.  Patterson makes a couple great throws then looks like a freshman the next play.  DPJ can't catch the ball, the running game and O line completely disappear for huge stretches, and the D is erratic (especially the DB's).  If any one of these areas is off we're cooked. I dunno-not looking good.
  • TK23Blue said:
    Sure hope you're right BHF.  Unfortunately, we've seen little to no evidence of any consistency anywhere on the field.  Patterson makes a couple great throws then looks like a freshman the next play.  DPJ can't catch the ball, the running game and O line completely disappear for huge stretches, and the D is erratic (especially the DB's).  If any one of these areas is off we're cooked. I dunno-not looking good.
    He's a very good football player, BUT he hasn't yet played like the 5-star recruit we were hoping for. He isn't even the best receiver on his team.

Hopefully, the Domers are sluggish to start the game since they were off last week. UM's total defense is a little better than ND's in both yards/game and yards/play, but there's a big difference in offensive production. 

Maybe the offense is finally getting untracked and under the lights in Ann Arbor will be too much for the Domers. I sure hope so anyway. Michigan opened as a 2.5-point favorite, I believe.
  • As an ND hater, I want nothing more than to see Michigan turn Kelly’s face purple once again.
    If the line can protect Patterson, and he can find his targets (like the last 40 minutes at PSU), less the drops or lack of obvious PI calls, Michigan has a chance to pull off a win.

I certainly hope the fight still lives on for these guys.  Though they have slim to no hope of going to Indy, the way they finish out the year will give the seniors an opportunity of beating ND, Sparty, and OSU.  That would be something nice to see.  
    In any other season, if a Michigan team did that, everyone would be pretty darn happy... though this year, I wonder if it would only fuel the anger for some even more.

Go Blue!
  • If we go undefeated over the last 5 games of this season, I believe, most Michigan fans will be very happy.

I certainly would be. Truthfully we could lose to ND & beat MooU & tOSU & I’d still be pretty damn happy. 

But realistically there’s no way we can expect that at this point. The best we can hope for this week is that we pick up where we left off in the 2nd half of last weeks game & find a way to get the W over ND.  But we’ve been wildly inconsistent this year so no one can say with any real conviction that they expect that to be the case.
  • TK23Blue said:
    Sure hope you're right BHF.  Unfortunately, we've seen little to no evidence of any consistency anywhere on the field.  Patterson makes a couple great throws then looks like a freshman the next play.  DPJ can't catch the ball, the running game and O line completely disappear for huge stretches, and the D is erratic (especially the DB's).  If any one of these areas is off we're cooked. I dunno-not looking good.
    Yep, yep, and yep. Can’t argue with anything you said. But I dunno. I have a feeling. Have no idea where it’s coming from but blind faith I guess. Maybe I’m just delirious at this point haha. 
  • If they stop beating themselves maybe they will have a shot. Hold on to the football, dont throw picks spread it out an let your WR win matchups and for god sakes DB its ok to play zone on 3rd and long. Make them earn it. UM's biggest problem is UM if they can not beat themselves they may have a chance to make a statement however I dont expect that to happen they will shoot themselves somehow but I would like to be proven wrong LOL

• zjgm02 said:

Hopefully, the Domers are sluggish to start the game since they were off last week. UM's total defense is a little better than ND's in both yards/game and yards/play, but there's a big difference in offensive production. 

Maybe the offense is finally getting untracked and under the lights in Ann Arbor will be too much for the Domers. I sure hope so anyway. Michigan opened as a 2.5-point favorite, I believe.
    There's also a big difference in the quality of defenses that Michigan and ND have faced.  ND has faced 2 top 10 defenses to date in UGA (6) and UVa (8) and I question if UVA is truly a top 10 defense or if that is aided by a weak non-con schedule and playing in the weak ACC.  But outside of those 2 defenses, the other 4 ND opponents were 92, 111, 122 and 127.  Pretty easy for an offense to put up some numbers against those weak defenses!!!

On the other hand, 4 of Michigan's 7 opponents rank in the top 40 in total defense with 3 being 1, 10 and 12.  I'd say that may contribute to why ND is showing to be the more productive team on offense...
  • Michigan now officially a 1.5 Pt Underdog via Vegas

THE STREAK OF LOSING AS A AN UNDERDOG IS ON THE LINE! we can break it!!!!!!!!
  • Looks like it’s going to be horrific weather for the game.....aaaaaand I’m flying in tonight to attend. Looking like it may be a repeat of the MSU game from 2017 bad. 
  • To Hell with Notre Dame!

Go Blue!!
  • Ugh. At least it’s far in the future and only a home and home. 

I want to play new teams...even as M just backed out of the UCLA home and home. 
  • Ugh. At least it’s far in the future and only a home and home. 

I want to play new teams...even as M just backed out of the UCLA home and home. 
    When Michigan and ND next meet in those 2 games. Our starting QB will be somewhere between the age of 4 and 7 today. I think that is enough time between games.
  • I will be 60 when the Domers return to AA. Geee-zuzz!
  • Looks like it’s going to be horrific weather for the game.....aaaaaand I’m flying in tonight to attend. Looking like it may be a repeat of the MSU game from 2017 bad. 
    Hopefully Harbaugh and the boys have learned from that game in 2017… What to do and what not to do.

Go Blue!!
  • Hopefully Harbaugh and the boys have learned from that game in 2017… What to do and what not to do.

Go Blue!!
    John O'Korn graduated, so hiding his helmet won't do any good.
  • It's kind of nice going into a game knowing the result doesn't matter except for some bragging rights, of course. All the pre season goals are in the rear view mirror - long gone. Go Blue!
  • edited October 26
    Deep Blue said:
    It's kind of nice going into a game knowing the result doesn't matter except for some bragging rights, of course. All the pre season goals are in the rear view mirror - long gone. Go Blue!
    10-3 would still look pretty good and a Michigan coach winning 10 games 4/5 is something you would have to go back all the way to Bo to find. Lloyd never won 10 games in 4 years in a 5-year stretch.

He did 3 straight then 2 8 win years then 2 more 10's

Also fun fact No Michigan coach in the history of the program won 10 games in 4 of their first 5 years as coach.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Deep Blue said:
    It's kind of nice going into a game knowing the result doesn't matter except for some bragging rights, of course. All the pre season goals are in the rear view mirror - long gone. Go Blue!
    10-3 would still look pretty good and a Michigan coach winning 10 games 4/5 is something you would have to go back all the way to Bo to find. Lloyd never won 10 games in 4 years in a 5-year stretch.

Also fun fact No Michigan coach in the history of the program won 10 games in 4 of their first 5 years as coach.
    Sorry, but none of that matters. Can't beat our rivals. Can't beat ranked teams. Yarda, yadda, yadda.
  • edited October 26
    Deep Blue said:
    Goblue88 said:
    Deep Blue said:

Sorry, but none of that matters. Can't beat our rivals. Can't beat ranked teams. Yarda, yadda, yadda.
    you know how many times Michigan has won 11 games in their history? 6

You know how many times OSU has won 11 games in the last 7 years. 7.  18 in history

it does matter when Lloyd was playing against 3.5-star teams of OSU players that were players that we turned down vs now Harbaugh is facing 4.5-star average players who went to OSU over us. When PSU and Iowa were easy wins. and Going on the road to Wisc was a free win.

Football has changed and its hard to win on the road. and to beat teams that are on historic streaks. Just ask Auburn who won 6 straight Iron bowls and are now 3-8 in last 11.

Beating ND means a lot a top 10 win over a team that has playoff hopes.
  • edited October 27
    Harbaugh has no balls, you go for the TD there.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Deep Blue said:
    Goblue88 said:
    Deep Blue said:

you know how many times Michigan has won 11 games in their history? 6

You know how many times OSU has won 11 games in the last 7 years. 7.  18 in history

it does matter when Lloyd was playing against 3.5-star teams of OSU players that were players that we turned down vs now Harbaugh is facing 4.5-star average players who went to OSU over us. When PSU and Iowa were easy wins. and Going on the road to Wisc was a free win.

Football has changed and its hard to win on the road. and to beat teams that are on historic streaks. Just ask Auburn who won 6 straight Iron bowls and are now 3-8 in last 11.

Beating ND means a lot a top 10 win over a team that has playoff hopes.
    History means nothing. It's 2019 and we sit at 5-2 and couldn't punch it in again from the 3 or 4 yard line after Zacs big run. Yadda, yadda, yadda.