UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 7: MICHIGAN (#16) @ Penn St. (#7) 7:30 PM EST on ABC - WHITEOUT

12346»

Comments

  • And another question... how did we let an in-state guy like that escape to Penn State?
  • Still scratching my head over here.  Did these coaches not know about KJ Hamler?  How do you let their most explosive receiver have a career day against your highly touted defense?  How?
    120 yards is a career day?

    PSU only had 240 yards offense
  • I’m still seeing Hamler run by Mettelus.  Can somebody tell me what he was thinking as that jet flew by? 
    D holding kept that drive alive two plays earlier.  Would have, could have, nope.  

    Long exhale.... sigh.  
  • The only possible way to ever chalk this one up as a positive is if we rip off about 30 straight W’s starting next week. 

    Otherwise, just another big loss for Michigan Football.
  • The D gave up like 80 yards net in the second half.  In spite of that they still couldn’t stop from getting that first down to end it.  Geez that has to hurt.
  • Have not been on here in quite some time.  Let's not talk about "moral victories".  No reason to get lit up by Sean Clifford in the first half.  Offense played their best game all year and Don Brown's defense failed again.  62 against OSU, 35 against Wisconsin (who was handled by the Illini today) and 28 against Penn State including 3 straight running plays when the entire country knew that PSU was going to run the ball.  PSU has one great weapon, Hamler and we were beaten by him tonight.  Tired of hearing how great Don Brown is !
  • Sorry there are such things as moral victories and this team needed one. Who didn’t think this team was going to curl up into a ball when it was 21-0? 

    Who didn’t think this team was going to do the same when they made it 28-14? 

    We were all ready for Wisconsin part 2. But this team finally fought back. And the offense finally looked decent. That gives me hope. 

    And I don’t give a damn about Notre Dame. Wish we had never rescheduled them. Especially how they ended the series to begin with. Then we bend over backwards to get them back on the schedule? By letting them get back to back home games? By squeezing them in in October? To hell with Notre Dame. 

    It’s MSU an OSU for me. 
    No chance at all against OSU.  If we cannot contain Sean Clifford and KJ Hamler, OSU will drop a 50 spot on us again.  Not so concerned about MSU as they have their own problems.  Looking at 8-4 (if we can get past IU, who is 5-2 and gave us all we could handle last year at home).
  • edited October 2019
    dr81blue said:
    Have not been on here in quite some time.  Let's not talk about "moral victories".  No reason to get lit up by Sean Clifford in the first half.  Offense played their best game all year and Don Brown's defense failed again.  62 against OSU, 35 against Wisconsin (who was handled by the Illini today) and 28 against Penn State including 3 straight running plays when the entire country knew that PSU was going to run the ball.  PSU has one great weapon, Hamler and we were beaten by him tonight.  Tired of hearing how great Don Brown is !
    lit up?

    Shawn Clifford had like 140 yards in the first half from your post you'd think he went Oklahoma on us

    The ref's handed PSU 14 points. how is that Don Brown's fault?

    PSU had 280 yards we had 410 and lost.
  • Goblue88 said:
    dr81blue said:
    Have not been on here in quite some time.  Let's not talk about "moral victories".  No reason to get lit up by Sean Clifford in the first half.  Offense played their best game all year and Don Brown's defense failed again.  62 against OSU, 35 against Wisconsin (who was handled by the Illini today) and 28 against Penn State including 3 straight running plays when the entire country knew that PSU was going to run the ball.  PSU has one great weapon, Hamler and we were beaten by him tonight.  Tired of hearing how great Don Brown is !
    lit up?

    Shawn Clifford had like 140 yards in the first half from your post you'd think he went Oklahoma on us

    The ref's handed PSU 14 points. how is that Don Brown's fault?

    PSU had 280 yards we had 410 and lost.
    3 plays of over 25 yards and 21 points in less than 1 1/2 quarters is very "Oklahoma".  Dating back to Notre Dame last year, giving up big plays in big games is a habit with Don Brown's defense.
  • Can’t blame the officials for this one. They sucked, but they often do. Have to find a way to overcome it.

    Once again we came out not ready to play. It was 21-0 before we woke up & it was too late. The play calling was too conservative in the 1st half. Too many penalties. And how DB let Hamler beat his D is beyond me. You take him away & we win that game.

    Yet even with all of our typical failings we didn’t fold up & still had a chance to push it to OT or take a shot at a 2 pt. conversion & the win. But Bell couldn’t handle the pressure & choked on a pass that hit him square in the chest.

    Cant blame the officials for any of that. Just Michigan Football being what Michigan Football has become. Losers. 


  • Can't believe Michigan has become a program of "moral victories."  People cannot be serious. You either win or you f*** off, it's that simple.  Harbaugh is just a trimmed down version of Brady Hoke while collecting Saban dollars.  When you have to call a timeout on the FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME, you are obviously not prepared to play football.  Such a joke.
  • Sorry but it’s the truth. We needed a performance like we got in the second half so that this particular team finally believed in themselves, their teammates, and the coaches. That was our best half of football this season. And it gives me hope that it was finally the moment Gattis‘ offense took off. 

    This year is looking more and more like ND’s 4-8 year before they went to the playoff. Switching entire offenses is hard and this is the growing pains year. Usually you get that in year 1 not year 5 but this is the path we are going down and you can’t switch it after a year or you have to start all over again. 

    My hope is the offense plays much better the rest of the year and we are set up to finally do some damage next year. 
  • edited October 2019
    Did not watch the game due to family obligations.  Same old things it sounds like: too many big plays by the opponents offense, too many bad calls, too many penalties, a TO taken on the first play and more dropped passes.  I hope JH looks at the defense next year;  DBs defenses never shows up for the big games IMO.  Go Blue!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    This was the pre-season favorite to win the B1G & we’re out of the running with 5 games left to play. And there are no moral victories. Another devastating defeat for Harbaugh when the lights are the brightest. 
    I still don't understand the thinking on this one. I guess it was based on who was coming back, but I never really bought in. Too many players returning in key positions who mailed in the last two games in 2018, little experience at RB, and way too many great players on D declaring for the draft.

    I was worried last night would be a blowout, especially down by 3 TDs, but they battled back and made it a close heart-breaker, which is way better than what happened in Madison. If you're down a TD late and know you're in 4-down territory, I find it hard to believe that you can't call a better series of plays than what we saw at the end. I know JH wanted to keep the TOs, but there was one play in that series, it was either on 1st- or 2nd-and-goal, where it was clear that Patterson was confused and the play clock was ticking down, so they rushed the play. Shoulda used a TO there and called the play everyone understood.
  • edited October 2019
    zjgm02 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    This was the pre-season favorite to win the B1G & we’re out of the running with 5 games left to play. And there are no moral victories. Another devastating defeat for Harbaugh when the lights are the brightest. 
    I still don't understand the thinking on this one. I guess it was based on who was coming back, but I never really bought in. Too many players returning in key positions who mailed in the last two games in 2018, little experience at RB, and way too many great players on D declaring for the draft.

    I was worried last night would be a blowout, especially down by 3 TDs, but they battled back and made it a close heart-breaker, which is way better than what happened in Madison. If you're down a TD late and know you're in 4-down territory, I find it hard to believe that you can't call a better series of plays than what we saw at the end. I know JH wanted to keep the TOs, but there was one play in that series, it was either on 1st- or 2nd-and-goal, where it was clear that Patterson was confused and the play clock was ticking down, so they rushed the play. Shoulda used a TO there and called the play everyone understood.
    I mean next year we go to the Torliet bowl so 2020 is out as a year to win the big 10.

    So now what should we be doing let's hope for 2021. or Milton fails too and now lets hope for 2023 that will be the year. Harbaugh coming into the season 0-8 vs OSU
  • You figure you hold a team under 300 yards, they won't score many points.
  • Goblue88 said:
    zjgm02 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    This was the pre-season favorite to win the B1G & we’re out of the running with 5 games left to play. And there are no moral victories. Another devastating defeat for Harbaugh when the lights are the brightest. 
    I still don't understand the thinking on this one. I guess it was based on who was coming back, but I never really bought in. Too many players returning in key positions who mailed in the last two games in 2018, little experience at RB, and way too many great players on D declaring for the draft.

    I was worried last night would be a blowout, especially down by 3 TDs, but they battled back and made it a close heart-breaker, which is way better than what happened in Madison. If you're down a TD late and know you're in 4-down territory, I find it hard to believe that you can't call a better series of plays than what we saw at the end. I know JH wanted to keep the TOs, but there was one play in that series, it was either on 1st- or 2nd-and-goal, where it was clear that Patterson was confused and the play clock was ticking down, so they rushed the play. Shoulda used a TO there and called the play everyone understood.
    I mean next year we go to the Torliet bowl so 2020 is out as a year to win the big 10.

    So now what should we be doing let's hope for 2021. or Milton fails too and now lets hope for 2023 that will be the year. Harbaugh coming into the season 0-8 vs OSU
    There’s got to be a way to block member’s posts...how do I do this again?
  • Goblue88 said:
    zjgm02 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    This was the pre-season favorite to win the B1G & we’re out of the running with 5 games left to play. And there are no moral victories. Another devastating defeat for Harbaugh when the lights are the brightest. 
    I still don't understand the thinking on this one. I guess it was based on who was coming back, but I never really bought in. Too many players returning in key positions who mailed in the last two games in 2018, little experience at RB, and way too many great players on D declaring for the draft.

    I was worried last night would be a blowout, especially down by 3 TDs, but they battled back and made it a close heart-breaker, which is way better than what happened in Madison. If you're down a TD late and know you're in 4-down territory, I find it hard to believe that you can't call a better series of plays than what we saw at the end. I know JH wanted to keep the TOs, but there was one play in that series, it was either on 1st- or 2nd-and-goal, where it was clear that Patterson was confused and the play clock was ticking down, so they rushed the play. Shoulda used a TO there and called the play everyone understood.
    I mean next year we go to the Torliet bowl so 2020 is out as a year to win the big 10.

    So now what should we be doing let's hope for 2021. or Milton fails too and now lets hope for 2023 that will be the year. Harbaugh coming into the season 0-8 vs OSU
    There’s got to be a way to block member’s posts...how do I do this again?
    I'm just saying for all these NEXT YEAR WILL BE OUR YEAR PEOPLE. we have been saying that shit for 15 years.

    If we can't do it with a Senior QB and 3 NFL talented WR's with the easiest Schedule we will have for the next 3 years Then When?

    Next year we play @Washington and @OSU @MSU and @IOWA which sucks to play in and still have Wisc/PSU who is the youngest team in the big 10 this year at home.

    It ain't going to get easier we ain't going to Clemson it into the playoffs vs 1 top 25 team we have to win Minimum 2 road top 25 games in a year to make the playoffs (counting the big 10 title game) We are 0-10 in those games under Harbaugh.
Sign In or Register to comment.