Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 2: Army @ MICHIGAN (#7) 12:00 PM EST on FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

Comments

• That’s our senior linebacker going offsides after stuffing them on third down… Lovely!

Go Blue!!
  • Are you f-ing kidding me???  Let's keep running it into the middle 'til we break one … insanity!
  • why don't they use Ben Mason in short yardage situations anymore?  He was unstoppable...

• Watch us Orange Bowl Bama this right here.

• Goblue88 said:
    Watch us Orange Bowl Bama this right here.

Moody almost missed it. Good lord!

Go Blue!!
  • As good as they looked on the first series in overtime… They look equally bad on their second series in overtime.

Go Blue!!
  • GoBlue75 said:
    Defense finally woke up?

Eh....need them to make stops in OT.

Go Blue!!
  • GoBlue75 said:
    Defense finally woke up?

Eh....need them to make stops in OT.

Go Blue!!
    Okay, I take that back....haha

Go Blue!!
  • Dumbest and luckiest OT win I've ever seen … I'm not impressed
  • I am happy Michigan won this game because they need it more than Army.  Should not have come to this...GO ARMY and GO BLUE.  
  • There is so many huge mistakes that have carried over from game 1. This is fundamentals and discipline and that’s all coaching. I’m grossly disappointed in everything offensively, while remain content with defense. Defense was put in bad spots all game long and bent like hell but didn’t break. When do we start McCaffrey?
  • They need to take the next two weeks and do a serious evaluation…

Go Blue!!
  • Edub4Blue said:
    I am happy Michigan won this game because they need it more than Army.  Should not have come to this...GO ARMY and GO BLUE.  
    This!!!!
  • edited September 2019
    14 days to get ready for a real team. 

Shea was still 19 of 29 for 201 yards surprisingly.

I feel like the only explanation besides Harbaugh is on his way to a pink slip (which I still am leaning towards)

Is that Shea was more injured than we thought and in a lot of pain and Mccaffrey is just trash and not able to be relied on at all. so they had to build the offense around the only thing they had with Shea unable to throw the bomb. and Hope that they would win easily and then give Shea 14 days for him and DJP to both be back?

or the more realistic Harbaugh took the keys from Gattis. Who is going to leave after the season because Harb is a liar and we are on our way to an 8-4 season?
  • Well at least we didn't show Wisconsin too much … brilliant coaching!
  • That Michigan team gets rolled in Wisconsin…

Go Blue!!
  • Terrible mental mistakes all day, but a win's a win. Sure looked like JH was calling the offensive plays today.

Defense did their job, and saved the offense's bacon.

No matter what happens, HOLD ONTO THE FOOTBALL!
  • Wonder why they did not go to Dylan more in this game. But the runs up the middle sure seemed like Hoke was on the sidelines.
  • The game was close in part due to the the terrible call on the TD fumble by UM and the interception by UM deep in their zone saved the game
  • edited September 2019
    Wonder why they did not go to Dylan more in this game. But the runs up the middle sure seemed like Hoke was on the sidelines.
    You see as people are starting to break down the game that is the true question. Does no one have any belief in Dylan? Because as people are breaking down the film there is alot of Shea Grimicing and wincing after plays and on the sidelines as if he is in a pretty decent amount of Pain with a More than a scratch Oblique issue which is affecting his ability to throw. Make no mistake the lack of him rolling out/scrambling was scripted for a reason. He is more injured than we were made to believe and our staff has 0 Belief in Dylan or Milton. 

The gameplan today was what we saw. Shea was put on a leash and put out there and this whole we have QB1 QB2 QB3 and will run a multiple QB system has been proven false. Its QB1 and QB1 Playing with a serious injury before QB2 even is an afterthought as is the Harbaugh way.
  • I'd rather win a game like today than lose one. Question is whether they learned from today and will use it to get better, or is that who this team is?
  • Some weird stats:

Army only won TOP by 3 minutes and 10 second (31:35 vs. 28:25)

Michigan crushed on 3rd Down: 9/16 to 5/16

Army was 3/3 on 4th Down while UM was 1/3

Don Brown would tell you he's disappointed if his unit gave up 200 yards on the ground, but that's an achievement against Army. So was holding them under 250 totals yards today.

It was UGLY, but UM did a lot of positive things today. Turnovers are GD back-breakers, though.
  • Shea needs to be sat. Period. Lots of issues with this team to work on but he's a Senior for god sake. He looked lost a good portion of the game and still can't hit anything resembling a long ball. That miss to Bell early on was just plain bad. As for the play calling, speed in space = feet in cement.
  • edited September 2019
    Deep Blue said:
    Shea needs to be sat. Period. Lots of issues with this team to work on but he's a Senior for god sake. He looked lost a good portion of the game and still can't hit anything resembling a long ball. That miss to Bell early on was just plain bad. As for the play calling, speed in space = feet in cement.
    A QB wincing after throws and grimacing on the sidelines is not a 100% QB like Harbaugh said in his presser something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know...

Shea played injured today and was on a leash. some of the overthrows today though had to do with the 20 MPH wind that was blowing all day.  but the playcalling was awful 2 of the fumbles were missed blocks which is on the OL. 2 weeks before we go into Wisconson which will be the actual real judge of this team. If we see what we saw today the undisciplined bullshit. Wisc wins by 21. 

After Wisc we can then start making real hot takes. because hopefully shea is actually 100% and DJP will be back.
  • I doubt no one has any faith in McCaffrey. He has proven he can play. What’s more likely is that Harbaugh is old school and he is going to let his QB play until he physically can’t anymore. I don’t agree with it, and think McCaffrey should of played, but that is far more likely than no one believing in Dylan. 

Defense was fine today. Only gave up 14 points in regulation. Held Army to 200 yards rushing. 

The offense? Whoa boy. Already touched on the QB situation. We only have one RB. Our biggest talent is our WRs and we still refuse to use them. Did we run a crossing route today? The only one that comes to mind is Bell’s crosser that fit us to the 2 yard line. 

Who is calling plays? Because today’s play calling had Harbaugh written all over it. Absolutely refusing to throw it at times.

We were here a match up nightmare for them In their secondary and we did not take advantage. I would of been throwing it at a 3-1 ratio vs the run. Identify their weakness and attack it all game long until they prove they can stop it. 

We should of been taking a deep shot AT LEAST once a quarter, maybe two. What’s the point of having guys like Collins and Black (and DPJ) if you are not going to use their talents!

But as a reminder Oklahoma had to go to OT to beat army as well, and Kyler Murray was held to only 165 passing. So Army does this to teams. 

Next game we get a real look at how good this team is. 

• I don't know because I can't see the entire field at times, but Joel Klatt kept saying the Michigan WRs couldn't get open with the zone that Army was running on D.
  • Still think they should run more crossing routes and slants
  • The play calling looked like Harbaugh's, lots of runs up the middle. If this is true, how long does Gattis stay? I thought, he was to call plays.