UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Comments

• Nothing that hasn’t been said around here, at least by a few of the more realistic members. 

You can defend maybe 6/7 of Harbaugh’s losses. tOSU has had more talented teams 3 of the 4 years (‘16 being the outlier). PSU put it on us once, ND made the CFP last year & Sparty was stout in year 1. Utah was game 1 & I think had we played them in game 10 we would’ve beaten them. But that’s all I’ve got off the top of my head. 

Iowa shouldn’t even have been close. And the punt game against Sparty is also one of those WTF moments. We had our gunners out wide with no one covering them. It was obviously an all out block attempt & a TO should’ve been called & a max protection run. That’s on Harbaugh. 

If you believe your pay should reflect your performance (which I do) Harbaugh is definitely overpaid. And Harbaugh & Michigan are easily the most consistently overrated Coach/team in the country. 

But winning cures all & Harbaugh has his chance to turn this narrative on its head starting this year. Rip off 3 of 4 against Day & tOSU & bring home a couple B1G Championships & everyone forgets all about the first few years. IMHO this years tOSU game is easily the biggest game for this program in the last 20 years. If not now, when Jim? 

• I disagree that the 2016 team was loaded. Absolutely there were great players all over the field, but not under center which is HUGE. I also still don't believe Don Brown's defense can beat elite teams more often than not.

I was in the sauna at the gym the other day wearing a UM hat and some guy said: "Go Blue!" and wanted to talk about the season. The last thing I want to do is talk in the sauna, and the second last thing I want to do--right now--is talk about the prospects for Michigan's 2019 team with a stranger.

I'm burnt out on wondering why they can't get it done.
  • Have to agree about Brown’s D. It’s fun to watch against Rutgers. But when you run into a team with the staff & athletes to exploit it, it’s ugly.

I have to believe at this point the “hump” is all mental. In a sport where upsets are guaranteed it’s unfathomable that we haven’t blindly stumbled into at least 1 or 2 over the last 16 years. 
  • Jabes0623 said:

I have to believe at this point the “hump” is all mental. In a sport where upsets are guaranteed it’s unfathomable that we haven’t blindly stumbled into at least 1 or 2 over the last 16 years. 
    This right here. Some years Ohio State was just clearly the better team. Other years? The game was decided by one or two plays and the bounces and breaks just never went our way see 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, and 2016.

Those 5 games were all one possession games and how we didn’t fall backwards into a win in 1 or 2 of them is just simply dumbfounding. 
  • I would take that much money to be below average...not sure about you guys. Haha

Go Blue!!
  • You act like Harbaugh hasn’t done anything in his time here. He basically rebuilt the program. What was the combined record against unranked programs under RR/Hoke? 

This wasn’t a situation where Harbaugh walked into a humming machine. We have basically been in the top 10 ever since he got here. And that’s part of the reason he was brought here. So mission accomplished there. I think people fail to remember the horrific state of the program that he inherited. 

Now the next step is to beat top ranked opponents and Ohio State. But to act like he hasn’t done anything since he got here is failing to see the forest through the trees.