UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

#1 CB #5 Overall Dax Hill Flips to Bama AND THEN BACK TO MICHIGAN

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW

#5 player in the country #1 CB.. Thought OSU was the dumpster fire that people were bailing guess it was a little more north. Has Harbaugh lost control? If we get 0 of Harrison/Hill/Karliaftis 2 weeks ago looks like we would have all 3 now might get 0... Harbaugh is an elite recruiter LOLOLOLOL

Zack Harrison after the OSU loss apparently told other Michigan commits the thing holding back him committing was "he couldn't lose to his home OSU 4 years in a row and show up to dinner ever again". Now the #1 player in our class decommits. Expect Michigan to go 0 for 3 on Signing day. Drop down to maybe the #3 class in the big 10 Miles behind OSU as always.

Comments

• That's a kick in the balls. Harbaugh was at his house yesterday He can’t do anything right. Maybe he should send someone else next time.

Go Blue!!
  • edited December 2018
    More fallout from what happened in Columbus I assume.

My first thought is always that if you’re an elite athlete you should have the mindset that your presence will be enough to tip the balance. That Michigan will never lose to tOSU as long as you’re here. 

On the other hand; I’m a UM fan in Ohio & I can tell you it’s brutal. It’s not as bad anymore as it was during Tressel & the first few years of Meyer. I’m sure part of that is because my friends & I have gotten older & college football just isn’t as important as it used to be to us. And frankly most of them feel sorry for me & a couple have actually said that they wish UM would win one every once in a while just to make it interesting again. So I can only imagine how bad it would be for Harrison. He is right, he’d never be able to go back home.

Alabama sucked before Saban, so did Clemson before Dabo & tOSU was just ok before Tressel. So programs can be turned around & made elite. But at some point in the turn around process you have to win to take that next step from good to great or great to elite. And until Harbaugh finds a way to beat tOSU & win the B1G Championship a couple times Michigan will always be behind the recruiting 8 ball & things like this will happen. 
  • Well, isn't that just the kick in the nuts we all needed. Way to bring it home, Jimmy.
  • edited December 2018
    Deep Blue said:
    Well, isn't that just the kick in the nuts we all needed. Way to bring it home, Jimmy.
    Nah the kick in the nuts is if Zack Harrison commits to OSU now.. Since as he  is rumored to have stated 2 weeks ago to other Michigan Commits. "I can't go to Michigan if I'm gonna lose to OSU every year I gotta be able to show my face at the dinner table". after being basically a Silent commit for last 3 months who declined OSU's offer to be on the sidelines at the game because he didn't want to root against Michigan.
  • The Harbaugh Hype is fading fast.  But you guys get all excited about these "commits" way too soon.  None of it means anything until they sign on the line which is dotted.  Let's be real-we'll never compete with Alabama, Clemson, OSU et al without cutting serious corners. There's no way around it.
  • This one hurts. He was going to be the starter from day one. This is the type of athlete we need if we are going to consistently beat Ohio State and make the playoff. 

Cant lose to your biggest rival by 30 and not feel some repercussions. 
  • You are going to suffer consequences when you repeatedly come up short in your biggest game of the season.

Now you sign the next-best recruit, develop his butt off and start focusing more energy on that biggest game of your season. Crying about an impulsive decision of a teenager isn't going to do you any good.
  • edited December 2018
    zjgm02 said:
    You are going to suffer consequences when you repeatedly come up short in your biggest game of the season.

Now you sign the next-best recruit, develop his butt off and start focusing more energy on that biggest game of your season. Crying about an impulsive decision of a teenager isn't going to do you any good.
    Thing is this Decommit could cost us 2 5 star kids... With Harrison teetering between can he come to Michigan and beat OSU or should he just go to OSU.

On top of being a Brutally needed position..

Both Hill and Long are leaning towards the NFL from inside sources... We have 1 4 star kid coming in..

You really want Brandon getting a promotion to CB2 next year after OSU roasted him like a pig for 60 minutes? Our secondary is pretty thin if we don't flip someone.
  • This is where college coaching suffers... I think they should install a 60 day rule. Hey no one says you have to commit immediately. However if you commit you have 60 days to decommit unless academic or legal reason I.e. commit a crime. Also after 60 days the school cannot pill your scholarship unless for the same reasons. During this time we had interest from a few 4* safeties that we turned away because we had Hill. Just like last year with the LBs that were turned away as well as olineman but two late decommitments ruined the class. I’m still proud of what seems like a crop of players that are excited to be Wolverines even calling themselves 19 Goon Squad. So we will see. I don’t think it’s the OSU thing. I mean LSU has lost 7 straight to Bama and they have not been close. 
  • Goblue88 said:
    Thing is this Decommit could cost us 2 5 star kids... With Harrison teetering between can he come to Michigan and beat OSU or should he just go to OSU.
    So. If kids are de-committing because of a loss to tOSU, there is nothing that can be done about that for another 350 or so days, so why worry about it? The coaches can reassure these kids they are doing everything they can to beat tOSU, while continuing to recruit the best players available and develop the kids already on the team, WHO WANT TO BE HERE. Whining about it now is pointless.

• And he flips back to Michigan!

Go Blue!!
  • Boom!  What a way to start the day.
  • Now we need to worry about him staying. Anyone know if he projects to play FS, or SS?
  • FS to replace Kinnel I would think
  • Well, all is right in the world and the savior of Michigan football is back… LOL

Go Blue!!
  • And the best news is that he already signed his LOI so it's official!
  • FS to replace Kinnel I would think
    That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't find which Safety position he played in high school and then I noticed the thread title has him as the #1 CB in America, so I'm confused.

If he's as good as advertised and he ends up playing Safety then even TK might be happy as I know one of his biggest bones of contention is that UM hasn't had good Safety play in years.
  • Well, all is right in the world and the savior of Michigan football is back… LOL

Go Blue!!
    Yes, a shrimp safety has to save the program!  That's concerning.  HAHA

• TK23Blue said:
    Well, all is right in the world and the savior of Michigan football is back… LOL

Go Blue!!
    Yes, a shrimp safety has to save the program!  That's concerning.  HAHA

Most talented DB recruit since Jabril Peppers and we have put 4? DB's in the NFL since he left (counting Long/Hill who will both be drafted if they go) and Overall highest Ranked Recruit since Rashan Garry.

So maybe not savior but he's the kinda talent we need to not have Paris Cambell bust an 82 yard end around on us.