UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Comments

• Beat me to it health reasons I am sure.  JH never beat him.
  • Michigan's biggest win in seven years.

Go Blue!!
  • Explains a lot about the performance of his team in The Game.  I’ll never be convinced otherwise.
  • Part of me is bummed that we never beat him while at Ohio State but this is a game changer. Ohio State gives up the death grip it has had on this conference. 

Time me to step up Jim. 
  • Incredibly glad to see him go. 

But you've got to give the the devil his due, Urban Meyer’s one of the best to ever do it. And him going to tOSU was a great thing for the B1G in the end because it forced every team in the conference to step up their game to attempt to keep pace. 

0-7 against Urban. Disgusting.
  • Jabes0623 said:

But you've got to give the the devil his due, Urban Meyer’s one of the best to ever do it. 

0-7 against Urban. Disgusting.
    Yep.  Dude was off the charts good.  Of course, it can't be done without cutting some serious corners but he was good at that too.  
  • I wonder if this was the plan all along and the tOSU board agreed to let him off lightly if this was his last season. Remember that he said a couple months ago that he had no plans of going anywhere and shortly thereafter news leaked about his condition. Pretty orchestrated.

Now ESPN can go from questioning the way he's runs his program to fawning all over him at an anchor desk on Saturdays.

...and the cycle continues. 
  • His shelf life was definitely up.  He'll end up at ND in 2 years.
  • TK23Blue said:
    His shelf life was definitely up.  He'll end up at ND in 2 years.
    You figure Brian Kelly will have drank himself to death by then?
  •  I know its not the same as beating OSU, however, Lloyd Carr did beat Urban when he was at FL right after Tebow won the Heisman
  • I know a LOT of tOSU fans, haven’t talked to many of them yet, but the general consensus is that they’re glad he’s leaving. They want a new fresh offensive mind running their O. They saw what the O looked like with Day running it for 3 games & then how it was when Urban came back & they blame him for this teams struggles. 

I really dont don’t even know what to say to that. Other than I hope, no I pray, that tOSU ends up with their versions of RichRod & Hoke over the next decade. Then maybe these spoiled fools will realize just how good they had it.
  • I wonder how short Day's leash will be now that Luke Fickell has proven he can build a program in Ohio?

Or if Schiano and/or Wilson stay on staff, as both have HC experience. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I know a LOT of tOSU fans, haven’t talked to many of them yet, but the general consensus is that they’re glad he’s leaving. They want a new fresh offensive mind running their O. They saw what the O looked like with Day running it for 3 games & then how it was when Urban came back & they blame him for this teams struggles. 

I really dont don’t even know what to say to that. Other than I hope, no I pray, that tOSU ends up with their versions of RichRod & Hoke over the next decade. Then maybe these spoiled fools will realize just how good they had it.
    I heard this a TON prior to The Game.  Most of my OSU friends were hoping for Urb to step down and for Day to be given the keys to the program.  After 3 games coaching against inferior competition???  Not to mention, it's going to be tough for Day (a relative unknown) to match Urban as a recruiter!!!  

I was just like, really???  Be careful what you wish for Buckeye fans.  

I think it will be interesting to see how Day will try to replicate how Meyer was able to get his team so jacked to beat Michigan every year.  I think this is something he will struggle to duplicate!!!
  • I have always thought that OSU only has one true rival and UM has three-ND, MSU and OSU.  IMO makes it easier to concentrate and focus on one rather than three.
  • I've read Sparty fans complaining about the job Dantonio has done the last few years and thought: "are you 11-years-old? Do you have any idea the trash heap of a program he inherited?" Fans get addicted to winning and then expect it year in and year out. Not every coach is Saban, Swinney or Meyer. Even Meyer failed to win 10 games in half the seasons he coached Florida.
  • The recruiting has to slip a bit right? Day can’t possibly recruit at the clip Meyer did...right?
  • Most all of the recruits have said they're staying and Day is considered their strongest recruiter so...

• TK23Blue said:
    Most all of the recruits have said they're staying and Day is considered their strongest recruiter so...

This is one of the reasons Day is the coach, they don’t want to miss a cycle.  But as soon as he stumbles, they will shutter the doors on him and find the next long term solution.

From the first press conference when Meyer came in, post scandal, every sign of him leaving was right in front of our faces.  
    When Mrs. Meyer was balling at The Game, I had an inkling, but still couldn’t let myself see it clearly.

To those that called this, month’s ago, well done.

Urban will rise in the West in a year or two... USC will pay him whatever he wants, and he won’t have to answer for anything or to anyone.
    The horrified looks on Buckeye faces that day will be glorious.
  • edited December 4
    The Onion killing it as always. The caption reads:
    "Ohio State Begins Scouting for Next Scandal"

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2809209-urban-meyer-leaves-another-program-disgraced-and-it-wont-be-his-last.amp.html

At what point do college presidents see Meyer for what he is: a helluva football coach with a win-at-all-costs mentality who dangerously blurs the line between righteous and renegade Meyer doesn't lie. He misrepresents facts.
    If you think Meyer, the most competitive, win-at-all-costs football coach of our generation, will just walk away at 54 years young, you're the same person who believes he's as pure and true as the Pope he's named after.

Go Blue!!
  • not sure about why all this narrative about oh he will be back.. He's 54 he has been diagnosed with a condition with no cure that causes stress to basically become devastatingly painful for him and gives him a higher chance of stroke or brain bleed in the future. 

he's one of the best football coaches of all time. Good or bad he whooped our asses like no other OSU coach in history. and now gets to walk away before being down 20 points to iowa/purdue/rutgers one day causes him to stroke on the sidelines.

Bring on Ryan Day the Record is now 0-0 again Lets see if we can make him Luke Fickle 2.0 turning a national title team into 6-6.