UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

PEACH BOWL (12/29): MICHIGAN (#7) v. Florida (#10) 12:00 PM EST ESPN GAMEDAY THREAD

Comments

• TK23Blue said:
    Just caught the score. Wow, nice work again Jimmy.  He's become an embarrassment. And judging by the score Im pretty sure having Bush or Higdon wouldn't have helped at all.
    2 of their TD were 50+ yard rush's up the Middle where a LB barely missed a tack that Bush wouldn't have missed... another was a Pick 6 when down by 17..... 

As long as NFL players arn't gonna play Bowl games are garbage and need to go away... 16 Team playoff Like d3 would have rathered played Bama and lost by 40 with full force instead of playing Michigan -5 starters vs Florida.

Also Pep Is fucking garbage and if he isn't fired Harbaugh needs to be
  • Pretty clear Ohio State beat us twice. Team had all their goals dashed in that game and they couldn’t get fired back up. 

We suffered a lot of injuries which meant we had 3rd stringers playing a lot of down today. 

But the offense has to change. We have too much talent to be held to 13 points. 

Our system demands perfection. The throws have to be perfect. The routes have to be perfect. The timing has to be perfect. This system is unforgiving and allows for zero wiggle room for any mistake. 

They are college players. They are going to slip up a bit. This is t the NFL. The throws are going to be off. The routes are going to be just a little off. The timing won’t be 100% right. 

I’m tired of trying to body blow a team to death. That works against inferior talent but clearly it doesn’t against teams with equal or better talent. 
  • TK23Blue said:
    Just caught the score. Wow, nice work again Jimmy.  He's become an embarrassment. And judging by the score Im pretty sure having Bush or Higdon wouldn't have helped at all.
    Bush would of made a HUGE difference. Gill is slow like McCray was. And Ross might be good but he ran himself out of position all game long. Just inexperience. 

Would we had won with Bush? Maybe not, but we would of had a chance to win in the 4th. 
  • Let me go ahead & dispell something for the apologists around here right now. Florida is not more talented than Michigan.

If there isn’t a secret hiring committee meeting in Ann Arbor right now, there should be. It won’t be this year, but if Harbaugh doesn’t beat tOSU next year (& does anyone here believe he will?) you had better have a plan.

I’m not upset, I really don’t care. This season ended in Columbus OH. I saw this coming a mile away, I took Florida with 22 confidence points in my bowl mania pool, I’ve seen this movie before. We all have. The only thing surprising about Michigan football these days is how we constantly manage to be so overrated. 

Mediocre Michigan. Again. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Let me go ahead & dispell something for the apologists around here right now. Florida is not more talented than Michigan.

If there isn’t a secret hiring committee meeting in Ann Arbor right now, there should be. It won’t be this year, but if Harbaugh doesn’t beat tOSU next year (& does anyone here believe he will?) you had better have a plan.

I’m not upset, I really don’t care. This season ended in Columbus OH. I saw this coming a mile away, I took Florida with 22 confidence points in my bowl mania pool, I’ve seen this movie before. We all have. The only thing surprising about Michigan football these days is how we constantly manage to be so overrated. 

Nice hot take. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Let me go ahead & dispell something for the apologists around here right now. Florida is not more talented than Michigan.

Florida recruiting classes are 9-12-11-21 over the last 4 years.. You act like we were playing vs a MAC school.....

Missing 5 STARTERS hurts badly. But Bowl games are nothing more than exhibitions at this point with everyone sitting out..... 
  • Piling on... It’s tradition, Michigan loses bowl games.  It’s just the way it is.
  • Boo hoo they weren’t over the osu game...... if you can’t get up for an SEC team that is ranked in the top 10 then don’t except the fucking invitation. Now I know,big money blah blah blah don’t give a rats ass, change it or stay mediocre. 10 wins don’t mean shit when you lose two out of three of your rivalry games and get blown out in a bowl game. Season=FAILURE
  • Boo hoo they weren’t over the osu game...... if you can’t get up for an SEC team that is ranked in the top 10 then don’t except the fucking invitation. Now I know,big money blah blah blah don’t give a rats ass, change it or stay mediocre. 10 wins don’t mean shit when you lose two out of three of your rivalry games and get blown out in a bowl game. Season=FAILURE
    THIS!

Go Blue!!
  • Season is not a failure. Another 10 wins. No one has done that since Yost. 

Everyone here was saying 4-5 loses. 

Changes need to be made. The offense needs to modernize. You have 4 and 5 star WRs all over the place. Utilize them. 

No more body blow them to death. Run some flipping slants and crossing outs. It seems like our WRs run two routes: the out and the post. 

Jim has to hand off the offense and let that guy call the plays. Be aggressive. And keep calling plays until the D shows you they can stop what is working. 

Collins and DPJ where nonexistent after halftime. 

The OLine still struggles when they play elite DLines. Hopefully another year under Werriner makes them take the next step. 
  • BHF I truly love your optimism, and the sky isn’t falling, buuuuut for the wolverines to become elite major changes must be made. And according to Michigan’s beat writers Harbaugh doesn’t expect any coaching changes for next season. WTF???? 
  • Oh I agree changes are needed. But I can’t stand people who run to message boards and scream “FIRE HIM!!” 

If it were only that easy. 

And we’ll see about no changes. I mean what is he supposed to say to that question at that time? “Oh yeah, Pep is fired”

I mean even Saban changed his offense. He didn’t go full Oregon but he modernized his offense and made changes to make sure the game wouldn’t pass him by. 

It’s Jim’s turn. 
  • edited December 2018
    Oh I agree changes are needed. But I can’t stand people who run to message boards and scream “FIRE HIM!!” 

If it were only that easy. 

And we’ll see about no changes. I mean what is he supposed to say to that question at that time? “Oh yeah, Pep is fired”

I mean even Saban changed his offense. He didn’t go full Oregon but he modernized his offense and made changes to make sure the game wouldn’t pass him by. 

It’s Jim’s turn. 
    Pep gonna be the next OC of the jets. Will announce it in a week then we hire someone... Thats how Harbaugh works. He has fired 0 coaches since being here. But alot of them took side step jobs that were out of left field with Harbaugh announcing replacements within days. If you think thats just coincidence then I got Swamp land in Florida to sell you. 
  • Another uninspired, embarrassing loss, great way to finish the season. 

Glad were a basketball school now. 
  • I'm hearing a lot about 10 win seasons and how great this is.  Serious question: is that the bar now?  I'm just wondering if that's our expectations now.
  • edited December 2018
    TK23Blue said:
    I'm hearing a lot about 10 win seasons and how great this is.  Serious question: is that the bar now?  I'm just wondering if that's our expectations now.
    I mean people like you praise Bo as savior who's average was 10-2.

The same Bo who was 5-12 in Bowl games 2-8 in the Rose Bowl (Basically the playoff/national title of the time) and only stat that you can claim is good is he was 11-9-1 vs OSU who weren't out recruiting Michigan every year at the time. Michigan and ND were the 2 with big tv contracts that were on every Midwest household (hence the still Michigan fan base being the biggest fan base in the midwest.

So If Harbaugh starts beating OSU 50% Harbaugh will basically be Everything that your savior is.
  • There appears to be 2 camps in the UM fan base these days TK.

The “at least we don’t have to worry about losing to Rutgers anymore” crowd.

And the “still getting embarrassed by tOSU & pretty much every other team with a pulse we play is completely unacceptable & further change is needed” crowd.

I’m in the latter just in case I haven’t made that clear.
  • Forgot to mention that Bo played USC/Stanford/UCLA in the Rose Bowl which was basically in their backyard!
  • Goblue88 said:
    TK23Blue said:
    I'm hearing a lot about 10 win seasons and how great this is.  Serious question: is that the bar now?  I'm just wondering if that's our expectations now.

The same Bo who was 5-12 in Bowl games 2-8 in the Rose Bowl (Basically the playoff/national title of the time) and only stat that you can claim is good is he was 11-9-1 vs OSU who weren't out recruiting Michigan every year at the time. Michigan and ND were the 2 with big tv contracts that were on every Midwest household (hence the still Michigan fan base being the biggest fan base in the midwest.

So If Harbaugh starts beating OSU 50% Harbaugh will basically be Everything that your savior is.
    Huh?  Bo won 10 games against high school teams every year.  That's why it was called the Big 2 and Little 8.  And Bo was a complete disaster in bowl games.  Bo made Michigan relevant again but my savior? Um, yeah I don't think so.  He was...well, just like watching Harbaugh's offense now. Absolutely mind numbing.  Check your facts boy, I have no idea where you come up with this stuff.
  • TK23Blue said:
    Goblue88 said:
    TK23Blue said:

Huh?  Bo won 10 games against high school teams every year.  That's why it was called the Big 2 and Little 8.  And Bo was a complete disaster in bowl games.  Bo made Michigan relevant again but my savior? Um, yeah I don't think so.  He was...well, just like watching Harbaugh's offense now. Absolutely mind numbing.  Check your facts boy, I have no idea where you come up with this stuff.
    Though you were one of those who feel the entitlement that Michigan "DESERVES" to be a national powerhouse. when the reality is unless you want to go back to the days of Fielding Yost or earlier Michigan was never a National title winning powerhouse.. we were an average Finish of 6th-10th in the Nation under BO for 20 years with 1 2nd place finish... a Split national title under Lloyd and perennial finish of where we have finished the last 3 years for the last 50 years. t

I mean we don't agree with anything so there is no way you agree with me and Scottsdale that Michigan is moving in the right direction. and that the reality is we are back where we have been historically right on the edge of greatness average top 10.. Losing to 3 of the top 7 teams in the nation. and that now Harbaugh just needs to find a way to slightly push us over it.
  • Moving in the right direction is fine. But until Harbaugh can do what either Bo or Carr did (beat OSU, win multiple B1G Championships, win a NC) he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Not yet. He hasn't done anything. 
  • We beat up on a weak B1G this year. Put us against any team in the top 10 right now not named UCF & we’d get rolled by 3 scores plus. 

If thats the right direction then pull this bitch over & let me out.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    We beat up on a weak B1G this year. Put us against any team in the top 10 right now not named UCF & we’d get rolled by 3 scores plus. 

If thats the right direction then pull this bitch over & let me out.
    As did Clemson in the ACC. It took Dabo 7 years to get Clemson into the conversation.

There's maybe 3-4-5 elite teams in the country and everyone else the circling the drain…

Go Blue!!
  • Funny looking up the top ten AP football rankings in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s UM was in the top 5 in all of those decades.  Do not also agree that Bo did well cause of the Big Ten was only at that time a Big two and little 8.  All of the conferences were like 
    that:  PAC 10 was basically UCLA and USC.  SEC was Alabama and Auburn or Florida SWC did have three, Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma.  ND and PSU were independents.

• TK23Blue said:
    Moving in the right direction is fine. But until Harbaugh can do what either Bo or Carr did (beat OSU, win multiple B1G Championships, win a NC) he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Not yet. He hasn't done anything. 
    Exactly, Harbaugh has righted the ship, which wasn't too difficult based upon the disasters of RR and Hoke. But he hasn't accomplished or won shit in four years.

Fans would be a little more sympathetic of the situation  and excured about the future if Harbaugh's teams looked somewhat competitive against Ohio State (and Florida today)....it's a REAL bad look.

Go Blue!!
  • Becoming Clemson north has become every Michigan fans wet dream somehow. 

Theres one serious problem with that. Dabo has the balls & brains to dump a National Championship caliber QB for a true freshman mid-season. Jim Harbaugh doesn’t have enough balls or brains to call something other than a FB dive on 3rd & 4th & 1 in a $&@!?$&!?&&$! BOWL GAME!!!!!

Sorry boys. Not. Going. To. Happen. 
  • edited December 2018
    TK23Blue said:
    Moving in the right direction is fine. But until Harbaugh can do what either Bo or Carr did (beat OSU, win multiple B1G Championships, win a NC) he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Not yet. He hasn't done anything. 
    Correct me if I'm wrong but all but 1 of Carr's wins came vs John Cooper who was the worst OSU coach vs Michigan in the history of OSU 2-10-1 vs Michigan.

Once OSU changed Coaches Carr was 1-6 vs OSU? in his last 7 years and had problems recruiting with the big boys once recruiting started moving outside of just give me the best Michigan and Ohio kids.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Becoming Clemson north has become every Michigan fans wet dream somehow. 

Theres one serious problem with that. Dabo has the balls & brains to dump a National Championship caliber QB for a true freshman mid-season. Jim Harbaugh doesn’t have enough balls or brains to call something other than a FB dive on 3rd & 4th & 1 in a $&@!?$&!?&&$! BOWL GAME!!!!!

Very True. Can't argue with anything here and if the past says anything about the future, a cheetah never changes his spots…

Go Blue!!
  • edited December 2018
    Jabes0623 said:

Give me a 5 star #1 OVERALL COMPOSITE PLAYER QB and then we will talk.. the first QB to be #1 overall composit player in like 20 years.

The fact that he didn't start day 1 out of fall camp was surprising to some. and please note Kelly Bryant last year made alot of dumb plays and dumb calls... Clemson fans felt they win in spite of him more than because of him sometimes.. Like AJ Mcarren at Bama a few years back.

Dabo has made alot of good calls but Make no Mistake he turned the corner before he started making good calls.. and Deshaun Watson kinda helped things along.

• Goblue88 said:
    Jabes0623 said:

Give me a 5 star #1 OVERALL COMPOSITE PLAYER QB and then we will talk.. the first QB to be #1 overall composit player in like 20 years.

The fact that he didn't start day 1 out of fall camp was surprising to some. and please note Kelly Bryant last year made alot of dumb plays and dumb calls... Clemson fans felt they win in spite of him more than because of him sometimes.. Like AJ Mcarren at Bama a few years back.

Dabo has made alot of good calls but Make no Mistake he turned the corner before he started making good calls.. and Deshaun Watson kinda helped things along.

In 2016, at Shea Patterson was the #1 rated QB and #3 overall. How has that worked out so far…

Go Blue!!