UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

2018 East Divison Champions

I was not aware of this but apparently the Big Ten gives out co-divison titles. And since we ended with the same record as Ohio State we are co-divison champions which will be recorded in the official Big Ten record books and we will receive a trophy for it. 

In no way am I beating my chest over this or posting this as something to celebrate after what happened Saturday but I think it is something that deserves to be noted. 

Just another baby step in the right direction. It’s not happening as fast as anyone would like but we are better today than we were 4 years ago. 

Onward we go. The next step is beating Ohio State and getting to the championship game. 

Comments

  • I am not even sure how this is possible.  Yes we finished with the same record but they destroyed us in a head to head.  I feel that should trump the same divisional record.

    GO BLUE!
  • Participation trophies for all.

    Co-Champs. What a joke. If Harbaugh has a hair on his sack he’ll mail that bullshit trophy directly to Urban Meyer or burn it. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Participation trophies for all.

    Co-Champs. What a joke. If Harbaugh has a hair on his sack he’ll mail that bullshit trophy directly to Urban Meyer or burn it. 
    Before you criticize this as a participation trophy, it’s no less of a framework than what was used in the B1G when crowning conference champions.

    Michigan was 8-1 in B1G conference play, as was Ohio State.  Because they’re in the same division they lose the tiebreaker for the trip to the championship game (obviously), but are still recognized for their conference record, which they should be.


    Michigan has won the Big Ten Conference 42 times, but only 16 of which were outright.

    Just food for thought.
  • Co anything sucks.  But OSU got hammered by Purdue. PURDUE!!  Fking Purdue.
  • TK23Blue said:
    Co anything sucks.  But OSU got hammered by Purdue. PURDUE!!  Fking Purdue.
    Exactly.  

    My point was just that Michigan, nor any B1G school, doesn’t say they were champions X times and “co champions” X times.
  • Not like it's the biggest deal in the world, but Michigan was the only B1G team to beat Northwestern this year. And they did it on the road, after failling behind 3 scores.
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Before you criticize this as a participation trophy, it’s no less of a framework than what was used in the B1G when crowning conference champions.

    Michigan was 8-1 in B1G conference play, as was Ohio State.  Because they’re in the same division they lose the tiebreaker for the trip to the championship game (obviously), but are still recognized for their conference record, which they should be.


    Michigan has won the Big Ten Conference 42 times, but only 16 of which were outright.

    Just food for thought.
    I’m not trying to take away anything this team accomplished. Despite the horrific showing in Columbus (now that the agony has left my body) this season has to be viewed as a step in the right direction. I’d like to go as far as a success but I just can’t.

    Funny losing to NW on the road then coming back, winning out & beating tOSU & sporting the same 10-2 record we own today would be considered a wild success. But such is life. 

    I guess to me the “co-champ” & trophy itself are just a slap in the face. Yes according to the record the kids earned it & if it means something to them that’s great. But we all know we’re not the champion of anything. 

    Hooefully this season goes down as a positive building block. But a Championship season? No.
Sign In or Register to comment.