Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 13: MICHIGAN (#4) @ Ohio State (#10) 12:00 PM EST on FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

Comments

• I don't like seeing the line go up. Smart money usually goes against the crowd.
  • Ohio State has had a historically great offense this season. They've run the most plays in the country and are second in yards per game. However, they are only 16th in yards per play, just a third of a yard more per play than Michigan.

Go Blue!!
  • Every single stat goes out the window. We all know that.  We can expect 2 homer calls and one ridiculously lucky play-all good for 7-10 points.  We have better players but I'm concerned with the coaches. One is hyper-conservative while the other has been in a ton of games like this one.  Score in the red zone and dirty the pocket for Haskins (he's awful with just the slightest pressure).  Do that and we win.
  • edited November 2018
    UM will be in the game as long as:  they do not spot OSU a first down despite being short, an OSU DB not allowed to body slam a WR without the ball right at the LOS, an OSU running back cheap shot a UM defensive player while standing near a ref without a call, and an obvious PI not be called in the middle of the field.  Does all of these occurrences ring a bell???
  • Expect  all of the above, plus some new wrinkles.
  • edited November 2018
    HIgdon during the Monday morning press conference just guaranteed a win vs osu. got makes him the first player since harbaugh to do that. Now he better back that up.... This team has talked trash and backed it up all year long. Just seems fitting to do it one more time.

• The Buckeye fans are loving being the underdog & Higdon’s victory guarantee. They’re running their mouths about Urban being 30-0 in noon games & undefeated as an underdog. 

But under it all I sense a collective nervousness. Almost like animals when they know a storms coming. I think they know their team is vulnerable. And they’re right. 
  • Michigan turns the corner this Saturday.  I am sensing a win in this one and in next year's edition of "The Game".  My crystal ball gets murky for 2020 but it is clear in 2018/2019!

GO BLUE!
  • edited November 2018
    Higdon guaranteed a win.. love the confidence. This team just has had a different feel all year.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    The Buckeye fans are loving being the underdog & Higdon’s victory guarantee. They’re running their mouths about Urban being 30-0 in noon games & undefeated as an underdog. 

But under it all I sense a collective nervousness. Almost like animals when they know a storms coming. I think they know their team is vulnerable. And they’re right. 
    My phone is blowing up from Buckeye fans… I can't stop laughing at them.

Go Blue!!
  • Has anyone seen/heard Higdon's actual quote? According to Bacon, it wasn't as it's being reported.

• “Yeah, I do," Higdon said. "That’s how I feel. I believe firmly in my brothers and this team and this coaching staff and as a captain, I’ll take that stand. Why not?"
    Go Blue!!
  • We should win. We have been the better team the past 10 weeks. 

But I am freaking out. 

Higdon’s comments (although I have been wanting Michigan to have this chip on their shoulder for a while)

also I think Ohio State’s offense is the kind that our D struggles with. Short 3 step drops from the QB to short 5 yard slants/crossing routes that their WRs turn into 60 yard TDs. 

And our offense isn’t like Purdue’s. I actually think their D will fair well against our offensive system. 

Maybe I’m just fighting ghosts of buckeyes past. 
  • edited November 2018
    BHF it’s difficult to believe, we all understand that. And though I may come to regret it if we lose I’m definitely in the not only can we win but we will win camp. 

Our Coaches have put together really good gameplans against tOSU the last couple of years. We’ve had receivers running wide open countless times. But through turnovers, ‘16, & general O ineptitude, ‘17 it was for not.

But this year we have the horses, & the QB, to run with tOSU. This is a veteran, tested team. And it finally has that nasty swag we’ve been waiting so long to see.

tOSU isn’t a pushover, we can’t have TO’s, we have to score in the red zone & we must avoid the costly penalties that extend tOSU drives. But at the end of the day Saturday I think we end the Revenge Tour on a crazy high note: UM 38 OSU 31
  • Love this game, The Game.  Also, I hate it a bit as well.  Its at the end of another season that goes by so fast.

Regardless what some of the ‘experts’ think, two really good teams are going to show up on Saturday.  
    Haskins, with time, is a killer.  He has a ton of talent to sling it to, and pair of great backs to hand off to (if Weber plays?).
    The Buckeye O-line has been much maligned, but they are good enough to hurt Michigan.

Ironically, Michigan State had the blueprint for keeping Ohio States offense in check.  
    If Michigan’s defense can execute the game plan, and they’re able to hit Haskins again and again... he might serve up some points for the Michigan defense.

The Buckeye D-line (even without Bosa) is a great test for Warinner’s boys.  Can’t wait to see that match up.
    The Buckeye LB’s and secondary look to be plagued by the same issues they had last year.  The question is can Patterson hit the big plays Michigan missed on last year. 

Michigan’s receivers are a physical mismatch against the OSU corners/safeties, not to mention Gentry.

I’m excited for this game, The Game.  I have no idea how it will end, but I’m 100% sure it will be one where both teams leave it all on the field, as it should be.

At 4:00 pm on Saturday, I’m hoping to open the bottle of Mac 18, I’ve had sitting in my Whisky chest for years, waiting for Michigan victory.

Go Blue!
  • edited November 2018
    Best breakdown of the game I’ve seen so far...

https://youtu.be/nDqo7rawJNw
  • Fits him since his brain is mushy like a sponge

But I am freaking out. 

Higdon’s comments (although I have been wanting Michigan to have this chip on their shoulder for a while)

also I think Ohio State’s offense is the kind that our D struggles with. Short 3 step drops from the QB to short 5 yard slants/crossing routes that their WRs turn into 60 yard TDs

And our offense isn’t like Purdue’s. I actually think their D will fair well against our offensive system. 

Agree. My single biggest concern.
  • The whole purpose of Don Brown's defense is to stop the run in a spread/RPO offense. At least that's what he would say when he was coaching in the ACC against a bunch of teams running that offense. It shouldn't be that difficult to scheme against the pass while accounting for the QB, if he's as great as we keep hearing he is. I think if the D is overly aggressive it could be a long day as Haskins can get rid of the ball quickly.

The tOSU O-Line isn't great, so if Michigan can get pressure rushing four then Michigan doesn't need to constantly run man coverage.

The biggest boon to the D will be long, extended drives and TOP by the offense. If it gets to big plays on both sides then tOSU is forcing Michigan to play their game. Long drives and a close game at the half should favor Michigan, especially with the poor tackling Bucknutz D wearing down in the second half.
  • TK23Blue said:
    We should win. We have been the better team the past 10 weeks. 

But I am freaking out. 

also I think Ohio State’s offense is the kind that our D struggles with. Short 3 step drops from the QB to short 5 yard slants/crossing routes that their WRs turn into 60 yard TDs

Agree. My single biggest concern.

Totally with you basically NO BIG PLAYS PERIOD and that goes for certain PI's too. I like UM's chances in a grind it out than a shoot out. OSU needs the big play but they will have trouble putting together a long drive. UM also can not under any circumstances turn the ball over. If you make OSU earn it in this game and they win then hats off (although I will probably be on suicide watch for sure) but my bet is they cant win a slugfest for once UM has the advantage on the line and they need to take advantage of it. I was at the last win in Columbus in 2000 one of the top 5 days of my life. Watching Henson run a bootleg on 4th and 1 to seal it. Hopefully Sat will be in the top 5 best days!!

But I am freaking out. 

also I think Ohio State’s offense is the kind that our D struggles with. Short 3 step drops from the QB to short 5 yard slants/crossing routes that their WRs turn into 60 yard TDs. 

No Im freaking out too!!
  • I don't like being the favorite in this game, especially with the fact that we are ROAD favorites?!?!  This is the first time OSU has been underdogs in a game since they won the inaugural CFP Playoff Final vs Oregon and this is the first time an Urban Meyer team has been a home dog since he was at Utah!!!  

I am hopeful we see the determined team that came out taking their lunch money back on the Revenge Tour vs Wisky, MSU and PSU!!!  
  • I keep hearing that same line about tOSU being underdogs. Were the Bucks really favored in the playoffs against Clemson in the game they went on to lose 31-0?
  • Looks like we’ll be playing this one in the rain. Which I would think would be to our benefit given both teams offensive styles.
  • On this day in 1986, Jim Harbaugh guarantees a victory in Columbus.  And then Captain Comeback goes out and plays his ass off. (You want to talk about a game FULL of homer penalties-it was unreal.) GO BLUE!!

• Jabes0623 said:
    Looks like we’ll be playing this one in the rain. Which I would think would be to our benefit given both teams offensive styles.
    Looks like it the rain could stop around 12-1.

Go Blue!!
  • Almost here boys! Can not wait! It’s been a long time from my very first sports memory at 7 years old of my father jumping up and down during Woodson’s punt return until now. Hoping to create some new, fantastic memories tomorrow! Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!  Go blue! 
  • Almost here boys! Can not wait! It’s been a long time from my very first sports memory at 7 years old of my father jumping up and down during Woodson’s punt return until now. Hoping to create some new, fantastic memories tomorrow! Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!  Go blue! 
    I was at that game. My very first Michigan game, I was 14. My uncle worked in Brighton Michigan for, IIRC, The Eaton Corporation & they had season tickets. He, along with my Dad & another Uncle, is a huge OSU fan so they gave him their tickets for that game & the 4 of us went. What an amazing experience.

Woodson made all the difference that day. Tomorrow these Wolverines have the opportunity to cement their legacy & become legends. Hopefully they’re ready to seize it.
  • I think I have made it through about 3/4 ths of my Tums bottle so far this week.