UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 13: MICHIGAN (#4) @ Ohio State (#10) 12:00 PM EST on FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Go Blue!!

Comments

• This is the most important Michigan/Ohio State game since 2006 and arguably one of the most important games in the history of the rivalry.

Here's what's at stake for both teams:

Big 10 East Division Champs
    Big 10 Championship Game against NW
    College Football Playoff Appearance

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 18
    This is the most important Michigan/Ohio State game since 2006 and arguably one of the most important games in the history of the rivalry.

Here's what's at stake for both teams:

Big 10 East Division Champs
    Big 10 Championship Game against NW
    College Football Playoff Appearance

Go Blue!!
    Well For Michigan atleast..

Oklahoma gets in over OSU 100% in my mind. Today only reinforced that.
  • edited November 18

Maybe just a bruise?

Yo Scotts you played some football in your day what the prognosis on a Bruised Collarbone? Could he be good to go next week? I mean its Chase and its OSU if he can walk he will want to be on the field.
  • edited November 18
    I’m glad Stevie Scott doesn’t play for tOSU. 

We’ve proven over the course of this season to be a better team than tOSU. Coaches do their part & put together a solid game plan & call a good game & the players execute there’s no reason we shouldn’t walk in there & get a little more of our lunch money back. 

Getting Chase back would be huge. A bruised collarbone is nothing, I’ve broken my collarbone twice & it didn’t hurt much at all. I mean you couldn’t play football with a broken collarbone obviously but a bruised one sure. Sounds more like a stinger to me, if in fact nothing’s broken.
  • One of the worst officiating I have ever seen
  • edited November 18
    Sorry the most important game of the OSU-UM game rivalry was and always will be the 1969 game which was Bo’s first. 
  • One of the worst officiating I have ever seen
    Image that from O’Neill and crew.  2016 still haunts Harbaugh, I’m sure.

Time to invade Columbus and plant a flag.
  • ESPN GameDay will be in Columbus.

Go Blue!!
  • Sorry the most important game of the OSU-UM game rivalry was and always will be the 1969 game which was Bo’s first. 
    You sir are 100% correct. That win was the 1st building block for where we are today.
  • Michigan is the B1G only chance at a CFP appearance. OSU wouldn’t even get a look even if they beat us.
  • edited November 18
    Michigan -3.5 early Line. lets see when the books Officially open if that rises to -5-7.
  • Purdue made OSU look silly. Study that film.

Go Blue!!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I’m glad Stevie Scott doesn’t play for tOSU. 

We’ve proven over the course of this season to be a better team than tOSU. Coaches do their part & put together a solid game plan & call a good game & the players execute there’s no reason we shouldn’t walk in there & get a little more of our lunch money back. 

Getting Chase back would be huge. A bruised collarbone is nothing, I’ve broken my collarbone twice & it didn’t hurt much at all. I mean you couldn’t play football with a broken collarbone obviously but a bruised one sure. Sounds more like a stinger to me, if in fact nothing’s broken.
    For whatever reason, OSU has just been a little off this year. They still probably have the most talent in the Big Ten, but like you said, Michigan is the better team. However, like everything in this rivalry, nothing that has happened in the last 12 weeks means anything next Saturday.

Go Blue!!
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Didn’t Haskins run on Michigan late last year too?

The underneath routes continue to bubble up and cause problems.  Indiana has been doing the same thing against Michigan for four years.
    Pesky team.

Just praying that Solomon and Winovich are okay.  

Good win.  

I am bringing this over from the Indiana thread…Haskins had about 25 yards on the ground but it was his passing last year that killed us. He was 6 of 7 for 100 yards and they seemingly converted every third down in the second half.

Go Blue!!
  • The UM offensive gameplan for this one should start with exploiting the weak safeties on the Buckeyes. That number 25, Brendon White, can't tackle, takes terrible angles and frankly looks like he'd rather be doing anything other than playing most Saturdays. He is the main liability I've noticed on tOSU's D in the segments of games I've watched.

Purdue has those two small fast guys (one at WR, one at RB) that Michigan doesn't have. UM has some speed at skill positions, but they are bigger bodies and I'm not sure they are as fast as those two dudes on Purdue. The bigger bodies should mean they are tougher to tackle for a Buckeye D that has trouble in that area, so we'll see. It's also possible tOSU thought a piss-poor tackling effort would be sufficient against the two smurfs on Purdue.

The hallmark of Urban Meyer offenses has always been the QB running on third down, and we finally saw it with Haskins yesterday, so the lack of accounting for the QB yesterday against Indy will be a great way to get exposed next week. Michigan needs to do a better job on this. Haskins is way bigger and sturdier than Peyton Ramsey, so if Michigan does get to him they'll need full effort to bring him down.

Set some screens early on offense to back off any pressure. I'm thinking there's a reason we've only seen a couple screen passes so far this season. Way back in August, I watched something on YouTube which posited Michigan would run their variation on the Patriots' offense.  We've seen some of that this season minus the screens.

This is a one-game season right now. If running Patterson 20-25 times is the recipe for victory, you do what you have to for the win and worry about picking up the pieces for the conference championship game when you know you're going to Indianapolis.

GO BLUE!
  • TGoose74 said:
    Michigan is the B1G only chance at a CFP appearance. OSU wouldn’t even get a look even if they beat us.
    Does that mean the refs will be on our side?
  • edited November 18
    After 2016 every single member of the crew should be from Ann Arbor including a few UM grads. 
  • Put-up-or-shut-up time. The Team must deliver on Saturday, lest it become another Groundhog Day. No mercy. No prisoners. I want the stands empty in the final minutes, save for the Michigan faithful. It is time to claim ownership of the Shoe.

• Win TOP by possessing the ball with long drives, finish drives with points (TDs), make them one dimensional by stopping the run, put pressure on Haskins and let the D fly around.

Go Blue!!
  • zjgm02 said:

Set some screens early on offense to back off any pressure. I'm thinking there's a reason we've only seen a couple screen passes so far this season. Way back in August, I watched something on YouTube which posited Michigan would run their variation on the Patriots' offense.  We've seen some of that this season minus the screens.

THIS....did we see any screens against Indiana? They were teeing off and we did not do anything to slow down the pass rush.

And I'm not talking about doing it on obvious downs… Do it on first down or in the red zone and keeping the other team off balance.

Go Blue!!
  • Winnovich just posted on his instagram account that “I’ll be back”. Question is when 
  • Don’t care how they do it just beat them!  Go Blue!!!
  • Don’t care how they do it just beat them!  Go Blue!!!
    THIS!

Go Blue!!
  • zjgm02 said:

THIS....did we see any screens against Indiana? They were teeing off and we did not do anything to slow down the pass rush.

And I'm not talking about doing it on obvious downs… Do it on first down or in the red zone and keeping the other team off balance.

Go Blue!!
    We’re just not a screen team, and when we do run them we aren’t very good at them. 
  • Alright know it don't matter but line Officially Opens at Michigan -3.5 up to Michigan -4 Already.

Don't be shocked to see this one go as high as Michigan -6 or 7 before kickoff... OSU is the meme of the CFB world right now. But they are still 10-1 and its still the Game....

But I just don't see them Winning

Michigan 31 OSU 17