UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

2018-19 Wolverine Basketball Thread

Michigan basketball with a couple of nice/easy wins to start the season. Tonight, they're playing at Villanova in a rematch of the national championship game. Michigan is taking them behind the woodshed in the first half so hopefully they can keep it up and we will see what happens.

What are your expectations for the team this season?

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Wow what a first half. No bad calls/ fouls against Michigan, and Belein’s offense is clicking.
  • Great win! Wish it woulda been last April! But to go into Philly and spank the 8th ranked wildcats is no easy task.
    Go Blue!
  • Plus they are a lil overrated and we are underrated 
  • What a domination!  They could be a very exciting team to watch this year.
  • Plus they are a lil overrated and we are underrated 
    When I saw Nova's ranking I didn't realize they had lost 4 starters with 3 going in the 1st round and 1 going in the 2nd round of last year's NBA draft.  They certainly didn't look like a top 10 team to me.  Michigan on the other hand???  

One thing I love about John Beilein is the emphasis he puts on defense!  They smothered Nova the other night with some damn good suffocating defense!  Looks like the defense from the football team is carrying over to the hoops team!!!
  • Spanked GW, keep it rolling....,,,,
  • Killed it again today, down goes Providence
  • The win against Villanova might not be as impressive as we originally thought is they got beat by Furman yesterday…

Go Blue!!
  • With Matthews sitting for half the game and not being a factor, this team still showed out.
    Cannot imagine where JB will have them playing come March.  Very impressed.
  • Big game against UNC at Crisler this Wed.

Go Blue!!
  • Michigan up to #7 in the AP poll this week.

Go Blue!!
  • Excited to see how the team performs over the next few, especially how Brazdeikis performs.
  • edited November 2018
    Love the new Ranking system that is supposed to replace the RPI....

#17 OSU is ranked #1.... Michigan is #4 6-1 Kentucky with 1 loss to Duke is #61

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25385890/no-1-ohio-state-ncaa-initial-net-basketball-ratings-raise-questions

LOLOLOLOLOL
  • Great performance.  Love to beat NC.  

Go Blue!
  • Williams was salty after the game.

Go Blue!!
  • Another strong win by our team! Keep it rolling with a W against the boilers to start big10 play
  • Love how Williams comes out and says it was his worst coaching job of his career after getting his ass kicked last night?!?!  How about tipping your cap to getting outcoached by John Beilein and giving props to Michigan's defense???  If it wasn't for that little 11-0 spurt where that UNC guard got hot from deep, UNC would not have gotten out of the 50's!!!  This is a team that was AVERAGING 97 ppg coming into that game last night!!!

I really like how this team looks right now.  They really seem to be playing as a team.  Not one superstar and many contributors who can hurt you!  Oh and then there's their relentless pressure on defense!!!

Schedule doesn't get any easier as Purdue comes to Ann Arbor Saturday afternoon!!!
  • The win against Villanova might not be as impressive as we originally thought is they got beat by Furman yesterday…

Go Blue!!

Nova did beat #14 FSU last Sunday.  Besides, no matter how anyone tries to downplay that win, a 27 point win in a true road game vs. the defending National Champs is an impressive win!
  • This team plays defense like no other (their switches are effortless) and they can score in a lot of ways. They could easily win 28-30 games, barring injuries. FT's are STILL a problem so that's a concern but hey, we're a basketball school so who cares!?
  • Solid ass kicking of Purdue this afternoon. This team looks real good.

Go Blue!!
  • Did they break a sweat today?  Geez, that was surgical.  Nice to see the 3’s dropping.

What a fun TEAM to watch.
  • Never thought I would live to see the day that Michigan would officially become a basketball school.  Football team is garbage, might as well watch basketball.  At least they are fun to watch!

GO BLUE
  • Edub4Blue said:
    Never thought I would live to see the day that Michigan would officially become a basketball school.  Football team is garbage, might as well watch basketball.  At least they are fun to watch!

GO BLUE
    This may be the most asinine thing I’ve heard this year.  
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Edub4Blue said:
    Never thought I would live to see the day that Michigan would officially become a basketball school.  Football team is garbage, might as well watch basketball.  At least they are fun to watch!

GO BLUE
    Sorry pal, I don't view this team through maize and blue colored glasses anymore and call it how I see with 20/10 vision.  Football team is garbage and will likely continue to be due to a God-awful amount of reasons, so many that I don't care enough list them all.  JB has the b-ball team playing how the football team wishes they could play so I'll turn my focus to them

GO BLUE!
  •  I want the school to be an everything school, basketball, football, hockey, softball, gymnastics, baseball, soccer, etc. etc. I’ve been a fan of the basketball program as long as I have the football program back when Ricky green, Steve Grote and Phil Hubbard played on the hardwood. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but for gods sake‘s if you think 10 wins against two losses is garbage especially against two teams on the road who finished 23 and one combined, I question if you know what garbage is. The Rich Rod/Brady Hoke years were garbage or can’t you quite remember that? That being said the team the coaches and the fans aren’t where we want them to be, which right now is the second best team in the Big Ten. That’s a far cry from where This team was a few short years ago. I don’t pretend to know what will get this team over the top, but in my humble opinion I believe that Michigan’s football program needs to treat the Ohio State game bigger than the rest without coming out and saying it publicly. As I grew up a bo Schembechler fan that’s exactly what bo did.I still have faith in Coach Harbaugh that he will turn this around and eventually start beating Ohio State. He won’t until he makes it the most important game of the year and unlike his coach isn’t so damn stubborn when it comes to the offense
  •  Sorry posters, I guess I haven’t ended my rant. Because for the last few years I’ve started the basketball thread with nobody paying attention until they deemed the basketball team “good“ enough to pay attention to it. Go back in the basketball thread and look how many people are calling for Beiliens head  even after he got them to the championship game in 2013. Don’t get me wrong I’m as frustrated as everyone else on this site when it comes to our football program but the only reason we’re all frustrated is because we love Michigan athletics. As far as I’m concerned we have every right to bitch moan and complain be happy be sad  etc. but if you don’t  want to waste your time with any of these teams there’s plenty of fans that due. End rant 
  • edited December 2018
    Edub4Blue said:
    Gr8Mckay said:
    Edub4Blue said:

GO BLUE
    Sorry pal, I don't view this team through maize and blue colored glasses anymore and call it how I see with 20/10 vision.  Football team is garbage and will likely continue to be due to a God-awful amount of reasons, so many that I don't care enough list them all.  JB has the b-ball team playing how the football team wishes they could play so I'll turn my focus to them

GO BLUE!
    top 10 in the nation and 10 wins 3 of last 4 years is something 90% of schools and even alot of "blue bloods" with more national titles than we have in our history would give their first born for.....

OSU is in a historic stretch in which they have averaged the #3 class over the last 4 years including a #2 and #3 class.. They have more 5 stars on theirs roster than we have recruited in the last 15 years. we have averaged the like #11 class and are about to finish in the top 10. Were not playing on an even field..... YET.  2019 Michigan class will finish higher ranked than OSU or atleast like 1-2 spots behind.

Praise the Basketball team but that ass wooping by Haskins got you messed up in the head if you think were not on track football wise.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Edub4Blue said:
    Gr8Mckay said:
    Edub4Blue said:

GO BLUE

GO BLUE!
    top 10 in the nation and 10 wins 3 of last 4 years is something 90% of schools and even alot of "blue bloods" with more national titles than we have in our history would give their first born for.....

OSU is in a historic stretch in which they have averaged the #3 class over the last 4 years including a #2 and #3 class.. They have more 5 stars on theirs roster than we have recruited in the last 15 years. we have averaged the like #11 class and are about to finish in the top 10. Were not playing on an even field..... YET.  2019 Michigan class will finish higher ranked than OSU or atleast like 1-2 spots behind.

Praise the Basketball team but that ass wooping by Haskins got you messed up in the head if you think were not on track football wise.

Seriously, how the fuck can you possibly think the football team is on the right track after getting absolutely demolished by The Ohio State University (might as well use their correct name cause they own the shit out of Michigan) in a year where we were favored and arguably more talented?  You guys are delusional.
  • Michigan is #5 in the AP poll this week.

Go Blue!!