Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 11: MICHIGAN (#4) @ Rutgers 3:30 PM EST on BTN GAMEDAY THREAD

2»

Comments

• If we lost Paye for the tOSU game this W was an expensive one.
  • Having been spoiled by some good big boy football over the last four weeks, today looked like everything was in slow motion. 
    Good enough effort, hopefully none worse for the wear.
  • You could tell we were playing to avoid injuries. I do not understand why Milton played. I would have kept him off the bench until OSU. If we did that no matter what he would be able to resshirt. Even if we make it to the championship game.

mGr8Mckay said:

Having been spoiled by some good big boy football over the last four weeks, today looked like everything was in slow motion. 

• You could tell we were playing to avoid injuries. I do not understand why Milton played. I would have kept him off the bench until OSU. If we did that no matter what he would be able to resshirt. Even if we make it to the championship game.

mGr8Mckay said:

Having been spoiled by some good big boy football over the last four weeks, today looked like everything was in slow motion. 

We shouldn't be worrying about any QB redshirting... if your gonna be a QB at michigan your gonna be good enough to go early. if you need 5 years your probably not gonna work here and Next man up is probably better
  • Clearly, redshirting isn't on the minds of the coaching staff for Milton or he would not have come into that game to hand the ball off like he did.

IMO, that was about as vanilla as you will see this team look the rest of the year.  As was said above, they came in and did what they needed to do against an overmatched team.  No fancy plays, no Patterson runs, just vanilla and they still put up 42 points.  Wanted to see a shutout but that 80 yard run ruined that from happening.  Thought that play woke the defense up a bit and Rutgers really didn't do anything offensively the rest of the game.  

Hopefully Paye isn't a significant injury, but one thing is for sure, the depth of our D line is very good.  As long as Gary can stay healthy...
  • I know I said Milton should be second string ahead of Peters, but I didn't realize he was that green. The game looked too fast for him yesterday and he appeared confused. Patterson CANNOT get injured.

After three straight games worrying about the outcome and every gain the D would give up, it felt weird to be worried only about the defensive stats in this one.

Rutgers is horrid, but they have a handful of good players. I liked what that Pacheco kid was doing at RB. Rutgers put up over 2.5 times as many yards as Sparty did on this defense.
  • zjgm02 said:
    I know I said Milton should be second string ahead of Peters, but I didn't realize he was that green. The game looked too fast for him yesterday and he appeared confused. Patterson CANNOT get injured.

After three straight games worrying about the outcome and every gain the D would give up, it felt weird to be worried only about the defensive stats in this one.

Rutgers is horrid, but they have a handful of good players. I liked what that Pacheco kid was doing at RB. Rutgers put up over 2.5 times as many yards as Sparty did on this defense.
    yeah but 1.0 of that 2.5 was on 1 play.

We didn't come out of 2nd gear and it showed. still only gave up 30 yards more than average 220 average 250 to Rutgers.
  • Yeah, I read an article where it acted as if it was a terrible outing by the defense to give up 190 yards on the ground.  Well, when you give up 80 in one play, I don't think it's all that bad to give up only 110 yards rushing the remainder of the game!!!