UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Would you be happy?

Right now espn projections have us winning out and losing on the road to OSU.

ending up in the rose bowl vs Oregon.

is the Season a success at that point or is it beat OSU or bust to you?

Comments

• Nothing smells like success like a last regular season game "W".
  • Absolutely it’s a success. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be disappointed/pissed that we lost yet again to Ohio State but consider what everyone was projecting at the start of the season. I read “this team has 8-4 written all over it.” 
  • The media is so annoying. Two weeks ago, UM was underperforming. Now they will go 10-2 and get a big time bowl invite.

The Bucks may go 15-0, so pinning your hopes on beating them sets you up to be disappointed, especially considering how things have gone the last 18 years. Until they prove otherwise, Michigan doesn't belong in the same conversation with tOSU. Get back to beating Sparty on the reg, and beat tOSU a couple times over the next five years and the GAME is back to being an actual rivalry. 
  • Happy losing to tOUS? No. We’ve done plenty of that & it’s never once brought me any joy.

However, should we end up 10-2 with our only losses being to top 5 teams on the road; I would think this  team overachieved. And I suppose I could find some satisfaction in that. 

But let’s not just hand tOSU the W yet boys. Their run game is struggling, they finally have a 1 dimensional QB who can’t kill us with his legs, their run D is average & our strengths line up really well with their weaknesses. Still a lot of football to be played, but what looked like a no chance game 3/4 weeks ago now looks like it might be a dog fight. And maybe just maybe a dog fight we can win. 
  • I would actually he happier with a lesser bowl game and a win against OSU. Its time!!! You have the D you have an O this is the year!! I would take 9-3 if UM beat OSU!!
  • Since when are our expectations not to win a championship?

The season will not be a success if we lose to Ohio State and do not win the Big Ten championship.

Go Blue!!
  • Since when are our expectations not to win a championship?

The season will not be a success if we lose to Ohio State and do not win the Big Ten championship.

Go Blue!!

Would you take an OSU win and a B10 champ L?
  • edited October 16
    Beat MSU, beat OSU, win the B1G Championship that is what this Wolverine (and every other Wolverine should) consider a successful season.  No more, no less.

GO BLUE!
  • I'd like to see us at least split the last two games of the season wherever those might be :)

Finishing strong is something that would make this season truly different to me.

After the last decade a victory over Ohio State especially in Columbus would be amazing.
  • uneek1 said:
    Since when are our expectations not to win a championship?

Go Blue!!

Would you take an OSU win and a B10 champ L?
    Yes, I will take a win against OSU, but I will be disappointed we lost the championship.

Go Blue!!