UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 8: MICHIGAN (#6) @ Michigan St. (#24) 12:00 PM EST on FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

12345679»

Comments

• Did anyone watch the video of Dantonio's response to JH, and this whole thing? He was trying his hardest not to crack a smile because he is trolling the sh!t outta all of you. This kinda stuff is fun for him, and this year it will distract some from the fact that his team had their behinds paddled up and down their home field all afternoon.

UM needs to rise above it, continue to beat Sparty way more than they lose to them, the natural order will be restored and Sparty will have nothing but "remember when Dantonio beat whatever empty headset was on the Michigan sidelines from 2008 thru 2014?".
  • Yup. The tides have finally turned. I mean he should be at best 1-3 against Jim. And you could make an argument that if our coaches didn’t decide to try to throw the ball in a damn hurricane Jin would be 4-0. 

Dantonio beat up on two of our worst coaches of all time. He walked in at the perfect time. But now, Jims not going anywhere. That mauling OLine isnt going anywhere. The good QB play isn’t going anywhere. And that defense is t going anywhere. 

But hey this is what you wanted right Sparty fans? This is what you have been craving your whole life as a Sparty fan. For Michigan to pay attention to you. For Michigan to focus on you. For Michigan to give a damn about this rivalry. Well. You got it. And you saw Saturday what happens when you get Michigan’s full attention. 

Get used to it Bush League Mark. Get used to it Little Brother. 
  • I sure hope the Michigan football program handles success better than some of the fans are.

Take a deep breathe Wolverine Nation. We beat up a bad MooU team. And we didn’t score anywhere near the points we should’ve in doing so. 

4 regular season games to go. Win out. Win the B1G Champions & then we can beat our chests a little. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I sure hope the Michigan football program handles success better than some of the fans are.

Take a deep breathe Wolverine Nation. We beat up a bad MooU team. And we didn’t score anywhere near the points we should’ve in doing so. 

4 regular season games to go. Win out. Win the B1G Champions & then we can beat our chests a little. 
    Bingo.
  • edited October 21
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25044587/college-football-bowl-projections-week-8

AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
    Dec. 29, 4 p.m. or 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Alabama vs. Michigan
    Sherman: Alabama vs. Michigan

WE WANT BAMA.....

maybe

possibly

HELL NO

Hold me....

Well Atleast we would have beat OSU

• I don’t care who Sparty had healthy or not.  It’s simply a win, and years from now it will show as a win.
    It was Michigan’s 950th program win, and the 70th win against MSU.  

The win doesn’t care who played, nor does it discount itself for weather, coaches, or referee blunders.

I have seen too many times where Michigan was not 100%, had inept coaching, or a ref steal the game.

This was a tremendous win against a rival.  

It was glorious.

As a lifelong fanatic of this team, someone who has supported the program through so much heartbreak, sprinkled in with joy and great memories, I will simply enjoy it.

My 10 yo son is already a Wolverine.  He lives and dies, play by play.  Witnessing his torment in 2015 with the bobbled snap, the Iowa loss, the 4th down in Columbus, the repeated losses from last year, and the pain in South Bend, his face at 4:59 pm yesterday said it all.  His joy was pure.  All that mattered was the win.

The muddy waters of events from the Spartan walk, and Dantonio’s bully tactics, that led to what occurred before and after the game will be repeatedly talked about and debated for years to come, but what will not change is The Win.

What a day.  What a beautiful day.

• “You know, really not going to even bother commenting on it. I’ve never commented on a coach in the past, and I’m not gonna comment on one now,” Dantonio said Sunday night. “And the whole thing to me was sort of juvenile. And things are gonna happen in rivalry games, but I sort of stand by what I said yesterday.”
    Go Blue!!
  • "This type of s--- is just unbelievable, and laughable," Bullough wrote in a tweet which contained video of Harbaugh's postgame comments. "Have we not done this every game for the past however many years and never had a problem before? It’s called arrogance from a school that lacks class time and time again."
    Sparty calling Michigan and JH classless. That's rich....

Go Blue!!
  • Chase running his mouth as a fifth-year senior isn't helping matters because he'll be long gone the next time the two teams play. Wasn't Mike Hart a senior when he started the whole little brother thing?
  • Harbaugh UNLOADED on Dantonio today.

Go Blue!!
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    I don’t care who Sparty had healthy or not.  It’s simply a win, and years from now it will show as a win.
    It was Michigan’s 950th program win, and the 70th win against MSU.  

The win doesn’t care who played, nor does it discount itself for weather, coaches, or referee blunders.

I have seen too many times where Michigan was not 100%, had inept coaching, or a ref steal the game.

This was a tremendous win against a rival.  

It was glorious.

As a lifelong fanatic of this team, someone who has supported the program through so much heartbreak, sprinkled in with joy and great memories, I will simply enjoy it.

My 10 yo son is already a Wolverine.  He lives and dies, play by play.  Witnessing his torment in 2015 with the bobbled snap, the Iowa loss, the 4th down in Columbus, the repeated losses from last year, and the pain in South Bend, his face at 4:59 pm yesterday said it all.  His joy was pure.  All that mattered was the win.

The muddy waters of events from the Spartan walk, and Dantonio’s bully tactics, that led to what occurred before and after the game will be repeatedly talked about and debated for years to come, but what will not change is The Win.

What a day.  What a beautiful day.

Great words. I too have a 12 year old that I have made into a Wolverine and he has only seen UM beat OSU 1 time in his life. When I was his age I saw at least 6-7 wins growing up in the 70's and 80's.

I am just glad to have a team again to root for. The team that evokes so many emotions in me more than a pro team or even my own Alma Matter. This team is looking like the teams I grew up rooting for with Anthony Carter(the reason I am a UM fan to this day)  Leroy Hoard Craig McMurtry Determius Brown or Elvis Grabc Tripp Welborune Mark Messner or Charles woodson  The running game with timely passing and a great def is Michigan football 101. Its about time but JH is turning it around. He still has a ways to go but they are setting themselves up for a great season.

• Harbaugh UNLOADED on Dantonio today.

Go Blue!!
    Good. You wanted Michigan’s attention. You got it, and all that comes with it. 

This is is the Jim I’ve been waiting for. The one that squared off with Pete Carroll and slapped the back of Jim Swartz. 

No apologies coming from Michigan anymore. 
  • This Twitter thread has a bunch of great GIFs for anyone intersted. DBJ shot out of a cannon, and Hudson clowning the Sparty sideline.

• We all know MSU has clock issues, that seems to be continuing since the 2001 UM/MSU game.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I sure hope the Michigan football program handles success better than some of the fans are.

So, now we're not allowed, as fans, to celebrate a big win over a rival?  Give me a break Jabes?!  You do realize Carr was on the sidelines the last time we beat a RANKED opponent on the road.  It's been 12 long years!  That isn't a lot of success for a program to handle if you ask me?!  

Oh, and now that was a 'bad MooU team' we beat up???  That wasn't a ranked team we just beat?  That wasn't a team that was coming off of a win over PSU in Happy Valley?  That wasn't a team that treats their game with us like it's their freaking Super Bowl?  Who the eff cares that we didn't score as many points as we should have?!?  When you have a defense that can hold your opponent to just 94 TOTAL yards, how many points do they really need to score???

Bottom line, this team hasn't had a lot to celebrate over the last decade or so, so if they want to go out and beat their chests for a night after a big win, who the hell cares?  They have a bye week and 2 weeks to regroup and prepare for the next peg in their Revenge Tour when Ped State comes to town which I fully expect them to be ready for!!!
  • If he was degrading the program you would have thought it was TK!  Just kidding Tim.  LOL
  • Matty is FIRED UP. Haha

Go Blue!!
    I just get tired of the woe-is-me attitude of some of our fanbase.  They're never happy or satisfied it seems...
  • MGoBrew said:
    Matty is FIRED UP. Haha

Go Blue!!
    I just get tired of the woe-is-me attitude of some of our fanbase.  They're never happy or satisfied it seems...

That's all fan bases. Im sure there are people heated on Bama's boards and they are 8-0
  • MGoBrew said:
    So, now we're not allowed, as fans, to celebrate a big win over a rival?  Give me a break Jabes?!  You do realize Carr was on the sidelines the last time we beat a RANKED opponent on the road.  It's been 12 long years!  That isn't a lot of success for a program to handle if you ask me?!  

Oh, and now that was a 'bad MooU team' we beat up???  That wasn't a ranked team we just beat?  That wasn't a team that was coming off of a win over PSU in Happy Valley?  That wasn't a team that treats their game with us like it's their freaking Super Bowl?  Who the eff cares that we didn't score as many points as we should have?!?  When you have a defense that can hold your opponent to just 94 TOTAL yards, how many points do they really need to score???

Bottom line, this team hasn't had a lot to celebrate over the last decade or so, so if they want to go out and beat their chests for a night after a big win, who the hell cares?  They have a bye week and 2 weeks to regroup and prepare for the next peg in their Revenge Tour when Ped State comes to town which I fully expect them to be ready for!!!
    Drama Queen much?

Did I say don’t celebrate? No. But keep putting words in my mouth to attempt to justify your swollen feels over my very factual comment.

This was a good win, & I’ve given the team a lot of kudos for it. This team has taken huge strides in the right direction. But I hope they aren’t as satisfied with it as you are because it’s only one step on a long road. 

Yes, that’s a bad, injury racked, MooU team. By your logic I guess we should just end the season now & hand the B1G championship to Purdue since they demolished the Buckeyes. You know since one quality win now equals greatness.

Bottom line; Beating MooU isn’t the goal, a B1G Championship is.
  • If he was degrading the program you would have thought it was TK!  Just kidding Tim.  LOL
    Damn Russ-leave me out of this. I get in enough trouble all by myself. :) And "degrading" is a bit harsh. I prefer Chicken Little. Haha
  • Jabes0623 said:
    But I hope they aren’t as satisfied with it as you are because it’s only one step on a long road
    That’s why we are fans and they are players. We can celebrate all we want. Or, worry all we want. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    But I hope they aren’t as satisfied with it as you are because it’s only one step on a long road
    That’s why we are fans and they are players. We can celebrate all we want. Or, worry all we want. 
    Which was exactly my point. I hope the PLAYERS aren’t as satisfied as the FANS.

In fairness most of, actually all of, the folks here have been pretty reasonable. So my comment wasn’t really directed towards anyone here. But away from here some of the fans seem to think we’ve already put a beat down on Bama & won it all.

• Jabes0623 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    Which was exactly my point. I hope the PLAYERS aren’t as satisfied as the FANS.

In fairness most of, actually all of, the folks here have been pretty reasonable. So my comment wasn’t really directed towards anyone here. But away from here some of the fans seem to think we’ve already put a beat down on Bama & won it all.

Jabes its ok to be cautiously optimistic. This team is NOT looking like past teams right now. They seem focused and on a mission. I agree there is work to do but you can also appreciate the turnaround as well.

As for me I am willing to sacrifice a B10 champ over beating OSU that is the B10 champ beating hose a$$holes!!

• Jabes0623 said:

Yes, that’s a bad, injury racked, MooU team. By your logic I guess we should just end the season now & hand the B1G championship to Purdue since they demolished the Buckeyes. You know since one quality win now equals greatness.

Bottom line; Beating MooU isn’t the goal, a B1G Championship is.
    So, this comment isn't putting words in my mouth???  Exactly how does what I said equate to ending the season now and handing the B1G championship to Purdue.  I don't even know why I waste my time commenting on your asinine statements?!?!

Honestly, do you even follow this rivalry???  I've seen WORSE Sparty teams BEAT us.  FACT is they were ranked and they did beat PSU on the road the week before so forgive me if I'm going to give them credit for beating a good team on the road!  Does that mean I'm ready to crown them champs?  NO.  Does that mean I expect them to just rest on their laurels and call it a season?  NO!  Bottom line, Beating Moo U is most definitely ONE goal that was needed to accomplish the ultimate goal which is winning the B1G Championship.  Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you were one of the many of little faith that pegged that game as a loss for Michigan en route to another 8-5 season.  So now they go out and completely overwhelm Sparty and suddenly that was just another win over a BAD team?  

Can't wait to hear when/if we beat OSU in C'bus how you will degrade that win?!?!