UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 7: Wisconsin (#15) @ MICHIGAN (#12) 7:30 PM EST on ABC GAMEDAY THREAD

Michigan a 7 point favorite next Saturday vs Wisconsin.

More to come but wanted to get this thread started…

Go Blue!!
«13

Comments

  • College GameDay will be in Ann Arbor for Michigan-Wisconsin.

    Go Blue!!
  • With Wisconsin being an upgraded version of Maryland is there a chance we could real beat up on them this week? Their quarterback play does not worry me at all as long as David Long and Rashan Gary are healthy and able to go. They have no threat of passing the ball against our secondary.
  • cfuerch52 said:
    With Wisconsin being an upgraded version of Maryland is there a chance we could real beat up on them this week? Their quarterback play does not worry me at all as long as David Long and Rashan Gary are healthy and able to go. They have no threat of passing the ball against our secondary.

    You cant take this team for granted. They are a good team and can run the ball well. Their def has been struggling and hopefully the O can take advantage. With that said if UM had Shea last year in Madison the score would have been reversed. 24-10 UM. If Shea continues to play very Greise-like then UM will be ok moving forward. This is a close one 23-13.
  • Iowa would have beaten Wisconsin if they didn't have so many self inflicted wounds.  I say if Michigan plays a clean game and the officials don't get in the way like they have been, we should win comfortably.
  • I feel like a lot of people are taking Wisconsin to lightly. This is a damn good football team and if we're not careful, they will physically manhandle us.

    We didn't hire Harbaugh to beat Maryland and NW… We hired Harbaugh to win these three games scretches we have coming up!

    Go Blue!!
  • I feel like a lot of people are taking Wisconsin to lightly. This is a damn good football team and if we're not careful, they will physically manhandle us.

    We didn't hire Harbaugh to beat Maryland and NW… We hired Harbaugh to win these three games scretches we have coming up!

    Go Blue!!
    Exactly.
  • edited October 9
    Wisky always plays us tough. I’m expecting a hard hitting brawl of a football game. Both teams will look to establish their dominance at the line of scrimmage. Should be a great game to watch. I imagine it’ll come down to the 4th quarter. And I’m seeing an old school B1G football game ending in an old school B1G score UM 16 Wisky 13. 
  • Sparty is still licking their wounds and Wisky is always tough, so it may be time to bust out a couple "secret" plays this week from team playbook we keep hearing about. They likely go for big gains against the Badgers and give Sparty even more to worry about the following week. Ambry Thomas hasn't played a snap on offense that I can remember in a couple weeks. Probably time to get him a couple touches.
  • all I know is Ive managed to pull off a miracle and set up my work schedule of supposed to be alternating weekends to work every weekend we have a 4:30 or later game and be off everytime we have a noon kickoff.
    (I work for a bank thats open 9-1pm on sat.)

    So lets go win them all and nov 24th We Shock da world
  • edited October 10
    Goblue88 said:
    all I know is Ive managed to pull off a miracle and set up my work schedule of supposed to be alternating weekends to work every weekend we have a 4:30 or later game and be off everytime we have a noon kickoff.
    (I work for a bank thats open 9-1pm on sat.)

    So lets go win them all and nov 24th We Shock da world
    Dude I worked at a bank for 5 years and I had the same problem! I think in 5 years I only missed 2 games live. 

    Now im a teacher and it’s never a problem!
  • With the D-line banged up, this game could not have come at a worse time; a football season brings these great challenges.  Love it.
    Wisconsin’s O-line is massive (imagine that), and they pose a big problem for Michigan’s D-line.
    I won’t be shocked to see Kinnel or Metellus as the leading tacklers on Saturday.

    The Wisconsin defense hasn’t been what we’ve seen in recent years.  No where near ‘16 or ‘17.  Lots of inexperience, especially in the secondary.  But, they are very well coached and they’ll be ready to play their best on Saturday, for sure.

    What I hope is for Michigan to:

    1. Find a way to minimize the success running, and force Wisky to throw the ball, especially getting them to third down.
    2. Get AH scrambling, and take advantage of his errant throws.
    3. Have success on O being who they have been, running well and mixing in a stable passing attack.
    4. Take advantage of the Wisky inexperience at safety, with a bomb or two.
    5. Stop the penalties.


    Old School Game Plans & Keys

    Both teams have solid time of possession numbers, and will do their best to come out on top of that statistic.

    Turnovers will be critical, as will special teams.


    This is a game Chryst and Harbaugh love... As do I.

    It’s time to man up.  This is going to be solid old-school B1G fight.  

  • Gr8Mckay said:
    With the D-line banged up, this game could not have come at a worse time; a football season brings these great challenges.  Love it.
    Wisconsin’s O-line is massive (imagine that), and they pose a big problem for Michigan’s D-line.
    I won’t be shocked to see Kinnel or Metellus as the leading tacklers on Saturday.

    Wisconsin is dealing with some injuries on defense as well.  Their entire secondary is listed as questionable coming in to Saturday's game and their stud safety will miss the 1st half because he was ejected last week for targeting.  


  • edited October 10
    Gr8Mckay said:

    The Wisconsin defense hasn’t been what we’ve seen in recent years.  No where near ‘16 or ‘17.  Lots of inexperience, especially in the secondary.  But, they are very well coached and they’ll be ready to play their best on Saturday, for sure.



    This!  Wisconsin has given up over 400 yards of total offense in their last 2 games.  It's happened only 4 times since Paul Chryst has been HC at Wisky!  Not to mention, the Badgers are getting run on.  BYU had 191 rushing and Nebraska put up 370 on the ground last week.  With Michigan's balanced attack coupled with the possible issues Wisconsin could be dealing with in their secondary, I can see Michigan adding to that streak of 400 yard games given up by the Badger D!
  • I didn’t realize Wiaky’s D was so atrocious this season. Wow. No excuse for losing this one.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Chris Evans expected to play this Saturday, per Jay Harbaugh.

    This may sound ludicrous, though I’m a huge Evans fan, but with him sitting the last few games, it’s been nice seeing running backs just hit the hole without dancing.  
    Another thing that hasn’t bubbled up, seemingly as much, though I don’t have the stats to back it up, is the liability of the RB’s picking up the blitz.

    I’m not saying that Evans isn’t a great weapon to have, but I wonder what Pep and Harbaugh are thinking right now as they game plan.  
    I wonder if they will limit his action, and get him into back into the mix slowly.

    Just curious what everyone thought.
  • Gary has not practiced all week.

    Go Blue!!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I didn’t realize Wiaky’s D was so atrocious this season. Wow. No excuse for losing this one.
    Yeah but what's the cure for an atrocious defense? Playing a Michigan offense.  A lot of confident posts this week but we haven't beaten anybody worth a shit. I dunno-maybe I'm too jaded but this one doesn't seem that easy to me.
  • Wisconsin’s OL has 2 All-Americans, a first-team All-Big 10 LT and another All-Big 10 Center. It's ridiculous. Plus, the dudes are huge and they are all 6-6 or taller and 320lbs.

    Taylor has run for 100yds in every game this season and he's one of the top RBs in the country.

    Michigan cannot lose the TOP otherwise it's going to be a long day for the defense. Michigan will need to establish the lead early so their defense can stay off the field and stay fresh and not get pounded on throughout the game. If Wisconsin gets the lead and starts to control the game, look for them to wear down our defense.

    Michigan needs to have sustained drives ending in points and limit the 3 & outs.

    Go Blue!!
  • TK23Blue said:
    Yeah but what's the cure for an atrocious defense? Playing a Michigan offense.  A lot of confident posts this week but we haven't beaten anybody worth a shit. I dunno-maybe I'm too jaded but this one doesn't seem that easy to me.
    Definitely not going to be a cakewalk. As SDB pointed out Wisky’s rushing attack is far too good to assume a blowout. I stand by my 16-13 prediction, though perhaps I should’ve bumped each team up a TD.

    But Wisky’s D being, statistically, so porous really removes any excuse for losing this one. This game is an absolute must win for this team. Realistically we can lose one B1G game, not to tOSU we have to beat them because nobody else is going to, & still have a shot at getting to Indy. 
  • Gary has not practiced all week.

    Go Blue!!

    You know the stars don't practice especially if they are dinged up. Plus he is defense so practicing execution not as important its about scheme and responsibility for them. Cant say not concerned but at the same time its a night game should give him enough time to heal.
  • Jim said it’s an AC joint injury that he has been playing through since last season (not sure why you don’t do surgery in the off season to fix it) but you can pull the “we’re just giving him a chance to rest up” against a Maryland. But if he sits out this game we know it’s serious. 
  • Had one in HS. Hurt like a mother for a few days then it subsided. As soon as I started physical activity involving my left shoulder again, damn it hurt so bad it gives me the creeps thinking about it. The typical time for healing is 6 weeks and they often don't require surgery...if you're not manhandling big OL.
  • Deep Blue said:
    Had one in HS. Hurt like a mother for a few days then it subsided. As soon as I started physical activity involving my left shoulder again, damn it hurt so bad it gives me the creeps thinking about it. The typical time for healing is 6 weeks and they often don't require surgery...if you're not manhandling big OL.
    Had one about 3 years ago and yes that sh!t hurts. Didn't know that was the exact cause. All you can do for that is rest
  • Getting ready to board my plane to Detroit for the game!!
  • Let's goooooooooooooooo!

    Go Blue!!
  • Rumor has it Tarik Black could be back today. Personally I’m skeptical, but it’d be sweet.
  • Tarik Black in street clothes.
Sign In or Register to comment.