UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 4: Nebraska @ MICHIGAN (#19) 12:00 PM EST on FS1 GAMEDAY THREAD

2»

Comments

• This targeting bullshit is ruining football.
  • Dylan is a really good QB... next year he's gonna be an amazing starter when shea is in the NFL
  • ref's calling facemask off the big board .. Big 10 ref's are horrible. 
  • edited September 22
    Jabes - I agree.  The pussification of football is just a reflection of the current state of our country.  Just saw a video of a mom who made her son wear a "I am a bully" t-shirt because he was calling other kids names.  Really?  But I digress the real bullies are the Wolverines beating the crap out of the Huskers....GO BLUE!  
  • As much as I would like to see Peters be successful that kid should never see the field again in a Michigan uniform.  Flawless game until he came in. 

GO BLUE!
  • What's the chances that Khaleke Hudson actually plays a full game this year?  Stupid plays are killing that kid!

GO BLUE!
  • The last the 30 minutes of real time is souring the greatness that was this blowout.

B1G officials are awful.
    Peters throwing a 2017.
    Hudson just being dumb.
    Giving up a touchdown.
    Filaga getting hurt.

• Yea..... Peters I had hopes for him, but seeing him up close in Tampa in the outback bowl he looked overwhelmed. So many times players were running down field wide open, and he would throw into coverage. I had a feeling McCaffrey would beat him out. My cousin Marcus Ray said he honestly believes that Milton would be #3 if he wasn’t redshirting 
  • Yea, Peters has regressed. Shame. But it looks like we’ve got a real baller in McCaffery. 

Good start to the B1G season 1-0. Build on it. 

And someone PLEASE explain what targeting is to Hudson!
  • Yea..... Peters I had hopes for him, but seeing him up close in Tampa in the outback bowl he looked overwhelmed. So many times players were running down field wide open, and he would throw into coverage. I had a feeling McCaffrey would beat him out. My cousin Marcus Ray said he honestly believes that Milton would be #3 if he wasn’t redshirting 
    I mean redshirting shouldn't effect that with the new 4 game rule
  • Thats only for Freshman right, or did I misread the rule. 
  • There were at least two hits by Nebraska players that were as bad or worse examples of "targeting" than what chased Hudson this week, but they weren't on the QB and Nebraska was long out of the game. Shouldn't matter when such a hit happens since it's supposed to be about player safety, but these refs let a bunch of Nebraska fouls go once the game was out of hand.

Holding any FBS team to 132 yards of offense with reserves on the field for the 4th quarter is impressive; doing it to a program like Nebraska is very sweet. Huskers averaged just over 2 yards/play today. For as much crap as I have given him this season, Mettelus had a great game today and that pick was huge (even though it wasn't a "sure touchdown" if Marshall doesn't tip it).

Higdon looked great, Shea was good, McCaffrey was good. I like that they aren't just bringing McC into the game to hand the ball off. Those were some tough throws for a green QB. Congrats to wildman Ben Mason with 3 TDs today.  Dude, is frighteningly intense.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Yea, Peters has regressed. Shame. But it looks like we’ve got a real baller in McCaffery. 

Good start to the B1G season 1-0. Build on it. 

And someone PLEASE explain what targeting is to Hudson!
    I would love someone, anyone to explain this fked up rule. Some are certainly legit but 90% are ridiculous and they change game to game, ref to ref.
  • It's good to be a Wolverine fan in Omaha today.
  • TK23Blue said:
    I would love someone, anyone to explain this fked up rule. Some are certainly legit but 90% are ridiculous and they change game to game, ref to ref.
    Clearly there needs to be a change to the rule. Intent must become part of it or we’re forever doomed to this jackassery. 

If you launch yourself crown of the helmet or shoulder first into another players head/face that’s targeting. 

Anything else, nope. 

I’d rather see them go back to leather helmets & no face masks than watch this idiotic rule continue. 
  • edited September 22
    It just occurred to me that Higdon had more yards on only 12 carries than Nebraska managed to accumulate on their 54 plays.
  • I wonder when the season is over and done if we look back and think it's a toss-up between Nebraska and Rutgers for worst Michigan opponent in 2018.
  • Was at the game perfect weather for a football game. It has been awhile that I have seen UM team dominate its opponent like that.  Dylan looks like he can be a special player. Wish we could bottle up Mason for UM to use every four years.
    To me, Peters never showed me any WANT!  And he still continues to show that.  Just a lack of intensity and fire.  McCaffrey comes in and is going 110% making plays with both his legs and his arm.  I mean, that run where he could have just tucked it and ran out of bounds but instead lowers his shoulder and delivers a blow!!!  That was WANT!  And I totally agree that Peters would be 4th on the depth chart if they weren't redshirting Milton!!!

As for the game itself, that was about as complete of a football game as I've seen from Michigan in a looooooong time!!!  Dominating pretty much every aspect of the game on defense, offense and even special teams!  I'm sorry, but that team did not look like a 3-5 loss team!!!  I think Northwestern is in for a world of hurt next weekend!!!
  • Need to be careful getting ahead of ourselves.  I can't decide if we just played really well or if Nebraska is really THAT bad.  Probably a bit of both but Nebraska had players literally quitting in the 2nd quarter. It was actually kind of tough to watch.  Not to take anything away from this win as we did exactly what we were all waiting for but next week should give us a better barometer.  And I'm with a lot of you-McCaffrey, to me, looks every bit as good as Patterson.  He made some great touch throws, throws on the run, and can get out of the pocket and move.  He just needs some minutes.  Our QB situation finally looks to be solved. 
  • MGoBrew said:
      I mean, that run where he could have just tucked it and ran out of bounds but instead lowers his shoulder and delivers a blow!!!  That was WANT.
    It’s fine when he is the backup but when he is the starter I WANT home to get OUT!
  • "[After the first series], we knew they didn't want to play." -Josh Mettelus on Nebraska

Wow... Coach Frost pretty much echoed the sentiment, though, about guys giving up
  • Wish we could bottle up Mason for UM to use every four years.
    If he keeps developing, he'll be playing on Sundays. Wow...almost 260 lbs these days.

• TK23Blue said:
    Need to be careful getting ahead of ourselves.  I can't decide if we just played really well or if Nebraska is really THAT bad.  Probably a bit of both but Nebraska had players literally quitting in the 2nd quarter. It was actually kind of tough to watch.  Not to take anything away from this win as we did exactly what we were all waiting for but next week should give us a better barometer.  And I'm with a lot of you-McCaffrey, to me, looks every bit as good as Patterson.  He made some great touch throws, throws on the run, and can get out of the pocket and move.  He just needs some minutes.  Our QB situation finally looks to be solved. 
    The thing is, it's just nice to see this team do what they're supposed to do against inferior opponents.  I mean, their high point total from last season was only 36 points.  They have already scored more than that highest point total from a year ago in their 1st three wins.  To me, that's something!