UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Wow Braylon

He really blasted the program Sat. night. Although he admitted he was half  soused at the time. He did say some things that were true but, called out some players also. Nice and classy.

Comments

• It’s no different than reading the game day thread here or at any other Michigan board...or any college message board. Emotions run hot and people say stupid things when the hand is on-myself included. 

The only diffeence is Edwards is a high profile former player and he works/worked for a BTN. In that capacity it’s fine to critique the program but you can’t call out players and not expect consequences. 
  • That's why I stay away from message boards altogether during Michigan games!  Not that I'm worried about myself melting down.  Just that I get annoyed with all of the 'fans' that seem to crawl out from under rocks slamming the program, demanding coaches are fired and completely over reacting for the most part.  Funny how some 'contributors' to these message boards only show up on game days just to bitch and moan?!?!  
  • The difference is this site is a sounding board of fanatics (albeit reasonable) that we all understand can go to the a minor extreme at times.
    I’m guilty of a rant or two, but I would never rip a player or player(s) while at a game or on a social media site, and I never would if I was in a position of being a media member.

Calling the team “trash”, especially with your brother on it, is a bit too much, even while sauced.

Phil and SDB has done a great job of keeping this site at a higher level than any other I’ve visited.  
    I respect the guys that have been here for all these years, and understand exactly where they’re coming from.  Aside from venting, the debates are always done with a level of respect.
  • edited September 4
    Meh, Braylon just said what he actually thought. 

Not much of an argument to be made that he was wrong.  

Somethings got to change with UM football & Braylon ratcheting up the pressure publicly just brings us one step closer to actually seeing that change.

Honestly, who would’ve believed that in year 4 of Jim Harbaugh we’d still be dealing with an O this inept, poorly coached, predictable & ill-prepared.

Our coaches need to step it up, big time, or be shown the door. Enough is enough of this trash.
  • edited September 5
    Jabes0623 said:

Somethings got to change with UM football & Braylon ratcheting up the pressure publicly just brings us one step closer to actually seeing that change.

Honestly, who would’ve believed that in year 4 of Jim Harbaugh we’d still be dealing with an O this inept, poorly coached, predictable & ill-prepared.

Our coaches need to step it up, big time, or be shown the door. Enough is enough of this trash.
    What exactly did Braylon win while he was at Michigan that makes him an expert on trashing his alma mater publicly???  It's one thing to be critical of the current state of Michigan football if you actually WON something.  But what did Braylon win???

FYI, he lost lost 2 of 3 games they played vs. ND while he was at Michigan including BOTH times they played in South Bend.  

They lost 3 of 4 to OSU in his 4 years at Michigan.  

And they never lost fewer than 3 games in his four years at Michigan!!!  Sounds awful familiar, but his teams weren't trash???  
  • psst...he won a Big Ten championship at least. And Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, I believe.

He obviously shouldn't have gone public with his tirade, but he basically spoke for many of us. I wouldn't call out specific players, but it's good to know he cares. Watching him play throughout the years, it wasn't always obvious that he cared one way or the other at times.
  • As bad as things ever got in the Rich Rod years, I would never come out and call the team 'trash'!  Especially when you are a public figure and prominent alum like Braylon Edwards!  And I forgot, does this team no longer have the opportunity to win the B1G because they lost by 7 on the road to a good ND team???
  • MGoBrew said:
    Jabes0623 said:

What exactly did Braylon win while he was at Michigan that makes him an expert on trashing his alma mater publicly???  It's one thing to be critical of the current state of Michigan football if you actually WON something.  But what did Braylon win???

He won back to back Big Ten Championships in 03 and 04, won the Biletnikoff award for best WR in 2004, and holds pretty much every single WR record at Michigan. The guy won plenty while at Michigan. 
  • He can say whatever he wants. And get suspended from his job. That's exactly what I'd expect from a Prima Donna idiot like him. I dont really care what a moron has to say.
  • Edwards is not the first former athlete to work for a major network so he needs to learn to control himself because he completely embarrassed himself more than anything. You can't be a color analyst for a major network and get hammered on the first weekend of games and tweet out ridiculous statements. That's completely unprofessional and no one will take anything he says seriously in the future. He's lost his credibility as an unbiased (or biased) analyst.

Go Blue!!

• He won back to back Big Ten Championships in 03 and 04, won the Biletnikoff award for best WR in 2004, and holds pretty much every single WR record at Michigan. The guy won plenty while at Michigan. 
    Oh, so that gives him the right to call the team 'trash' and to berate current players on the team when he is employed as an analyst for the B1G Network???

Dude was a Prima Donna from the moment he stepped foot on campus demanding he get the #1 jersey.  Any respect I had for him is now gone.  I don't care what he won or how he's only saying what everyone is feeling.  He CAN'T do that with the position he holds!  

And my point was that the team's overall record wasn't much different when Braylon played.  They still lost on average more than 3 games per year in his four years.  Harbaugh has averaged 3.6 losses/year in his 3 years, Braylon averaged about 3.3 losses/year.  And you could share B1G titles back in those days IIRC making it a little easier back then to win a conference championship than it is currently.  I believe one of his two conference championships was shared???

• MGoBrew said:

He won back to back Big Ten Championships in 03 and 04, won the Biletnikoff award for best WR in 2004, and holds pretty much every single WR record at Michigan. The guy won plenty while at Michigan. 
    Oh, so that gives him the right to call the team 'trash' and to berate current players on the team when he is employed as an analyst for the B1G Network???

And my point was that the team's overall record wasn't much different when Braylon played.  They still lost on average more than 3 games per year in his four years.  Harbaugh has averaged 3.6 losses/year in his 3 years, Braylon averaged about 3.3 losses/year.  And you could share B1G titles back in those days IIRC making it a little easier back then to win a conference championship than it is currently.  I believe one of his two conference championships was shared???

Never said that gives him the right to say what he did. But your words were that it would be ok to criticize the team is he had actually won something. He did. 

And you can’t fault him because the rules were different back then. Yes the 04 championship was shared with Iowa. But that team still got a ring. Still got the banner. And it is still the last Big Ten Championship this program has won.