UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Comments

• 2 holdings on that play. Good grief!

Go Blue!!
  • There definitely were some horrible missed calls, but I thought I saw a pretty obvious hold on Thomas' return TD that was missed as well, so it wasn't completely one-sided.
  • There was also a push in the back on a LB which I think was on the 3rd and 18 QB run for a first down. 
  • Unfortunately our D-line seems to receive these calls very often.  But, great teams overcome these hurdles.
    This team needs to get better each week, cause right now it’s far from great.
  • There was also a push in the back on a LB which I think was on the 3rd and 18 QB run for a first down. 
    I saw that, too. That opened up the lane for the QB to pick up that first down. 
  • PhilC, always the same at ND, if officials penalize ND too much, they won't call to many games at ND.
  • I knew when I heard it was an ACC crew that it would be a long night...
  • MGoBrew said:
    I knew when I heard it was an ACC crew that it would be a long night...
    Sad reality.  I hate to say it, but I almost wish we had a game clearly called Michigan’s way just to have the controversy be there for the other program to whine about.  
    Not sure why I cannot recall any such game, but it’d be nice to have one top of mind.
  • Clearly many refs don't like Harbaugh and it shows up on the field, but I was surprised to see how calm he was during the Saturday night debacle in South Bend - maybe he's trying a new approach?  Sure didn't see the demonstrative behavior we've witnessed in the past … maybe it will pay off long term.  It would also be nice to avoid the stupid late hits that are obvious and costly … can't blame the refs for those.
  • We was firey as hell the first two season on the sidelines. Then last year he was different and it has carried over to this year. I don’t get it. I want angry Jim back. 
  • We was firey as hell the first two season on the sidelines. Then last year he was different and it has carried over to this year. I don’t get it. I want angry Jim back. 
    I do love “angry Jim”.  Because I’m at home doing the same thing.  At the Big House, I class it up a bit.  Ha
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    We was firey as hell the first two season on the sidelines. Then last year he was different and it has carried over to this year. I don’t get it. I want angry Jim back. 
    I do love “angry Jim”.  Because I’m at home doing the same thing.  At the Big House, I class it up a bit.  Ha
    Hahaha same here!!!
  • So a few years ago I asked the Big Ten head of officials how Big Ten refs were instructed to call holding since basically there is holding on practically every play.

He said something to the effect of, "when officials see jerseys pulled, they are instructed to pull their flag."

Marshall (#93) is being held not only by the collar but the defender has his other hand in the wrapped in the jersey-- one of the most egregious holding non-calls I've ever seen. Devin Bush (#10) is also being held the same way. And the defender just off frame is too. The defenders need to fight this off but WTF. ND o-line is coached at this technique, there is no other explanation for all three players to be doing the same exact technique.