Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Around the Country, Season 2019 Edition

Comments

• Had to DVR most of today’s football.

Thrilling win for Minnesota, great to see them have some big time success. For my money Minnesota is the best story in the B1G this year. PSU is who we thought they were, overrated & just alright. Shame we couldn’t get our shit together in the 1st half at Happy Valley. I’m about to board the PJ Fleck to AA bandwagon lol.

Equally satisfying to watch Bama take one in Tuscaloosa. First home loss since ‘15. Wow. You gotta give the devil his due, Saban’s the best. I generally find myself rooting for LSU (& against Bama no matter who they play) when I watch them. It must be a Les Miles thing. But I was rooting hard today for Joe Burrow. He’s a local to me kid, hometown is less than an hour from mine. 

All in all a good bye week. It looks like even MooU have us something to cheer. What a spectacular collapse, micro & macro. Dantonio’s done, even if he doesn’t know it. Now it’s our turn to spank his grouchy ass.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    10-25.

Ed Orgeron's record as an HC when he was fired from Ole Miss.

Past don't mean Shit LSU going to the ship.
    We know your track record, Sparky. You would've created a coaching wish list at halftime of the home loss to Troy.
    I'm more saying that past success means nothing.

IE Saban getting ran out of MSU before becoming best coach in college history
  • Goblue88 said:
    zjgm02 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    10-25.

We know your track record, Sparky. You would've created a coaching wish list at halftime of the home loss to Troy.

You just keep digging your own grave! Saban was not run out of Michigan State! He had that 10 win season, realized it was NEVER going to get better than that (bc of UM and OSU) and bailed on them for LSU. 
  • Goblue88 said:
    zjgm02 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    10-25.

You just keep digging your own grave! Saban was not run out of Michigan State! He had that 10 win season, realized it was NEVER going to get better than that (bc of UM and OSU) and bailed on them for LSU. 
    I've always viewed it as Michigan (and others) ran him out of town. 

MSU has 4 6 wins seasons then finally when they were thinking about whether he would be their future he wins 9 games and bolts. he realized MSU was nothing more than a little brother to Mich and OSU and ND and PSU in the region.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    zjgm02 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    10-25.

I've always viewed it as Michigan (and others) ran him out of town. 

MSU has 4 6 wins seasons then finally when they were thinking about whether he would be their future he wins 9 games and bolts. he realized MSU was nothing more than a little brother to Mich and OSU and ND and PSU in the region.
    Bingo. 
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    So when does Taggart show up in AA?
    He was in AA last night at the hockey game with Jack Harbaugh......

Go Blue!!
  • Saw that.  Looks comfy around here.
  • Nebraska gives Scott Frost 2-year extension through 2026.

Go Blue!!
  • Indiana giving Penn State all they can handle…

Go Blue!!
  • Minnesota suffering from a nasty PSU hangover. Iowa jumping all over them 20-3 mid way through 2nd qtr. They’re literally making Iowa look fast. 
  • edited November 16
    Tua Suffers season-ending Injury now being compared to the same Injury that Ended Bo Jackson's career.  Severely fractured hip.

Surgery tomorrow but could be 8-12 months before he can play football although medicine has come a long way since Bo Jackson's day this could effect the rest of his career.

So how bout those players putting their career on the line for no money and no guarantee's?
  • Kinnick: where perfect seasons go to die.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Tua Suffers season-ending Injury now being compared to the same Injury that Ended Bo Jackson's career.  Severely fractured hip.

Surgery tomorrow but could be 8-12 months before he can play football although medicine has come a long way since Bo Jackson's day this could effect the rest of his career.

So how bout those players putting their career on the line for no money and no guarantee's?
    That’s why you go to class and pay attention.

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 17
    Goblue88 said:

That’s why you go to class and pay attention.

Go Blue!!
    If Tua had simply sat out the year. he had a guaranteed 5-10 mil on his first contract maybe more.

I'm all for not paying college kids but in that case 3 year forced school has to go. if Injured after signing that contract he could put his whole family and 20 kids if he wanted through school.
  • I’m sure Tua’s got a sizable insurance policy.
  • Ohio State is going to boat race Penn State…

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 23
    I’m watching OSU for the first time this season beating the hell out of PSU.  Biggest takeaway at the moment, our Wolverines have no chance next week unless a miracle happens.  
  • Looks like if you punch the Buckeyes in the mouth, you can put them on edge.  21-14.  Lots of time for the Buckeyes to blow the doors off, or ....
  • edited November 23
    PSU redshirt freshman came in with the score 21-0 after Sean was rocked.

Its now 21-17.

That kid can scramble he can run and his arm is still a threat.

When will we get an actual running QB since it seems to be the only thing that wins in CFB today.
  • OSU is just teasing them....

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 23
    We have a chance. Our DBs are better in coverage than penn states. Field’s legs are going to be a problem. Gill is going to have to be on point. 

On offense Patterson HAS to keep the ball because I’m seeing penn state shred the Buckeye defense with the zone read. It basically neutralizes Young and his speed/power. When you get into an obvious passing down you HAVE to double Young. 

Will it be hard to win? Absolutely. Impossible? No. 
  • So many things are going to have to go our way in order for us to keep that game close.
  • edited November 23
    And there’s the #1 thing that could go our way.
  • No moral victories but Penn St definitely put some things on film for Michigan next week.

You get to 2nd and 3rd and long against this team, no shot. For Michigan to be successful next week we have to be good on 1st and 2nd down.

Go Blue!!
  • Announcers keep saying “Now OSU has been taken to deep water...”

This game never felt in doubt.

Sucks beyond words to see tOSU clinch the East without even having to play us.

• edited November 28
    Franklin's name being Linked to FSU as mutual for HC job.

If he leaves Matt Rhule of Baylor would most likely be next PSU coach he has a rumored clause in his contract (Private School so not public contract) that his buyout to PSU is 0 and he played LB for them. and has stated his dream job is coaching his Al-ma mater

Not sure I like this...... I'd rather kick Franlin's ass for a few years.
  • Franklin leaving for FSU really makes no sense to me.  Seems like a lateral move.
  • Edub4Blue said:
    Franklin leaving for FSU really makes no sense to me.  Seems like a lateral move.
    $$$$$

don't you remember FSU paying Jimbo top 4 money?