Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Around the Country, Season 2019 Edition

Comments

• Hoosiers winning in East Lansing....

Go Blue!!
  • Amazing to watch a coaching staff that has a real scheme & call good plays that move the D the way they want to give their athletes an advantage. 

tOSU looking good early. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Amazing to watch a coaching staff that has a real scheme & call good plays that move the D the way they want to give their athletes an advantage. 

tOSU looking good early. 
    Why is it that their WRs are running free in the secondary with double moves and all sorts of great routes and Patterson seems like he’s having to fit balls in tight windows and our guys are always covered…

Go Blue!!
  • Watching the OSUvNeb game and my take away is Michigan is going to get destroyed by Ohio State this year.  They are so good right now it’s ridiculous. 

• Why is it that their WRs are running free in the secondary with double moves and all sorts of great routes and Patterson seems like he’s having to fit balls in tight windows and our guys are always covered…

Go Blue!!
    Freshman QB making his 1st start on the road. 1st year Head Coach...

They’re still light years ahead of us.

• edited September 2019
    Chris Ash fired at Rutgers.

Word is coming out in last few hours that Schiano's sudden retirement from the patriots in march was because he informed Belichick that if Ash was fired he would return to Rutgers as head coach. And Belichick didn't want a coach who may leave mid-season so they mutually parted ways.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-greg-schiano-left-patriots-return-rutgers/
  • Watched a little MNF last night. Man do I miss Devin Bush in a winged helmet!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Watched a little MNF last night. Man do I miss Devin Bush in a winged helmet!
    Three years in a program goes by way too fast.  

The 2017 Florida game is one I will always remember.  He set the tone from the start, though I remember being upset that he might get the boot for a targeting call.  

One of the best that M will ever have.  Love that dude.
  • He was Shawn Crable with a brain.
  • 38-0 Wisc seals the shutout. 4 shutouts in 6 games... one of the other 2 was the ass whooping of us.

That game starting to look like a quality L LOL. I SAID IT THAT NIGHT AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN in 2 weeks WISCONSON IS BEATING OSU.
  • Though Wisky certainly could beat tOSU, that’s not where the smart money goes. 

Wisky is playing well on O no doubt, but they haven’t faced an even mediocre O yet. 

Wisky this year reminds me of us last year. 
  • Yeah this is usually the point where everyone jumps on the Wisconsin bandwagon and then they play a team like OSU and they look big and slow. 

We’ll see how good they are when they have to go into the shoe. 
  • Iowa is going to win this game tonight and ruin the Gameday house party. This PSU can't move the ball vs Iowa. -7 yards of offense on the first 2 drives.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Iowa is going to win this game tonight and ruin the Gameday house party. This PSU can't move the ball vs Iowa. -7 yards of offense on the first 2 drives.
    You are the king of the hot take. 
  • edited October 2019
    Goblue88 said:
    Iowa is going to win this game tonight and ruin the Gameday house party. This PSU can't move the ball vs Iowa. -7 yards of offense on the first 2 drives.
    not sure how that is a hot take. PSU has gotten fewer yards on Iowa in the first half than we did.
    First half stats

Shawn Clifford
    5-15, 60 YDS, 1 TD

Total Yards
    • PSU 117
    • IOWA 196

This "HIGH POWERED" offense is nothing but a paper tiger vs a real defense and our D is better than Iowa. you want a hot take? Michigan sacks Clifford 6 times next week Iowa is hurrying him on every 2nd pass the PSU front line looks like cheese vs Iowa.
  • LSU making running a first year pro spread/RPO O look easy. 
  • Goblue88 said:
    Goblue88 said:
    not sure how that is a hot take. PSU has gotten fewer yards on Iowa in the first half than we did. This "HIGH POWERED" offense is nothing but a paper tiger vs a real defense and our D is better than Iowa. You want a hot take. Michigan is going to sack the PSU QB at least 6 times next week
    It’s a hot take because you posted it after their 2nd drive of the game. 

Also, since you zinged me a few weeks ago about double posting...hello kettle? It’s the pot, you’re black 😂
  • I know we all hate PSU but they just got totally screwed on an overturned TD. 
  • Clifford’s feet and the interior O-line did a hec of a job in the second half.

That’s a good football team.
  • edited October 2019
    Gr8Mckay said:
    Clifford’s feet and the interior O-line did a hec of a job in the second half.

When we put up 250 yards vs Iowa were trash.

When PSU has a qb go 5-15 for 62 yards and 3 sacks in the first half ending the game 12-24 for 126 yards and 4 sacks... They are amazing and a good football team???
  • Goblue88 said:
    Gr8Mckay said:
    Clifford’s feet and the interior O-line did a hec of a job in the second half.

When we put up 250 yards vs Iowa vs Iowa were trash.

When PSU has a qb go 5-15 for 62 yards and 3 sacks in the first half ending the game 12-24 for 126 yards and 4 sacks... They are amazing and a good football team???
    I do think so, and I thought Michigan played a hell of a game last week.  Crazy talk, for some.
    I believe Iowa is a solid and good football team.  I know it’s hard for some people to grasp, but there are a lot of “good” football teams around the country that compete hard, and will win plenty of games.  Though they might not make it to the playoffs, and heaven forbid they don’t win a division or conference championship, plenty of teams do well and compete weekly.  

• I was completely out of touch yesterday. Glad to see the great Georgia lost at home to an unranked team, but I'm sure they won't slide too much in the polls because...ya know, S-E-C and all.

Did Lewerke get knocked out of the game by Wisconsin or just pulled because he and the Sparty offense stink? Lombadi's stats suggest he was even worse.
  • Think Lewerke got pulled because he stunk like a Skunk.
  • zjgm02 said:
    I was completely out of touch yesterday. Glad to see the great Georgia lost at home to an unranked team, but I'm sure they won't slide too much in the polls because...ya know, S-E-C and all.

Only down to 10th.  I'm more surprised that South Carolina didn't suddenly find themselves ranked so that at least UGA could say they lost to a ranked team?!?!

UGA's loss makes me laugh though.  Kirby Smart was being touted as a top 5 HC in the country by talking heads like Colin Cowherd behind the likes of Saban, Reilly, and Sweeny.  Then the Dawgs go and lose to an unranked team AT HOME no less?!?!  Sure, Michigan's loss to Wisky was ugly, but at least they are a top 10 team (just outside of the top 5 actually) and it was on the road!  Yet Harbaugh gets roasted as a bad coach for losing to ranked teams and Smart is given a pass for that terrible loss UGA suffered Saturday???

• Except Kirby has won an SEC Championship, the SEC East twice & been to the CFP twice. So comparing him & Harbaugh is apples to oranges.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Except Kirby has won an SEC Championship, the SEC East twice & been to the CFP twice. So comparing him & Harbaugh is apples to oranges.
    Mark Dantonio has 3 B1G championships and a CFP.  Would you compare him and Smart?
    Just curious when a ‘bad’ loss can be counted against a coach.
  • Michigan beats the teams they’re suppose to beat and lose to the teams and they are suppose to lose to. There is almost no in-between and they are fairly predictable, unfortunately.

When was the last time Michigan beat a team they were suppose to lose to?

Go Blue!!
  • Michigan beats the teams they’re suppose to beat and lose to the teams and they are suppose to lose to. There is almost no in-between and they are fairly predictable, unfortunately.

When was the last time Michigan beat a team they were suppose to lose to?

Go Blue!!
    It has been far too long. Ha.  Perhaps Under the Lights?