UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Around the Country, Season 2019 Edition

Comments

• Wow, the Seminoles can't be happy. An 18-point lead at home at two different points in the game, and then completely shutdown by Boise St in the second half.
  • How do you think the people in Rocky Top feel this morning… LOL

Go Blue!!
  • You wanna see how the spread offense & RPO works....watch Jalen Hurts and Oklahoma.

Hurts stats (in 3 quarters):
    Rushing: 161 yards (3 TD’s) Passing: 332 yards (3 TD’s)
    Total: 493 yards
    6 TD’s

Go Blue!!
  • Just proves that Riley’s system can make a star QB out of just about anyone. 
  • You wanna see how the spread offense & RPO works....watch Jalen Hurts and Oklahoma.

Hurts stats (in 3 quarters):
    Rushing: 161 yards (3 TD’s) Passing: 332 yards (3 TD’s)
    Total: 493 yards
    6 TD’s

Go Blue!!
    I forgot Hurts transferred. He only missed 3 passes. So Riley is now the undisputed RPO/spread guru, I guess, huh?
  • Houston might have one of the worst defenses in the country so take that FWIW.  Also, it's not like Hurts was some scrub when Riley finally got his hands on him.  He did win the SEC offensive POY in 2017...
  • edited September 5
    A couple interesting games this week. LSU & Texas could create some movement in the top 10.

Cincinnati @ Ohio State (5)
    Texas A&M (12) @ Clemson (1)
    LSU (6) @ Texas (9)
    Western Michigan @ MSU (19)
    Stanford (23) @ USC

Go Blue!!
  • I'd love to see Western upset Sparty!!!

And it would be nice to see Cincy become the first Ohio school to beat OSU since Oberlin 98 years ago!!!  Wishful thinking on that one though I'm afraid?!
  • Nope. I want an undefeated tOSU rolling into AA in late November.

If this is really finally our year, of which I now have much doubt, but if it is I don’t want to beat some 6-5 Luke Fickell tOSU team. No excuses from tOSU fans, other than Meyer leaving of course (which they’re mostly happy about now but if Day goes 9-3 & loses to us they’ll no doubt be crying a river), undefeated hopefully #1 in the country with the #1 O & #1 D in the land setting all kinds of records. I want to beat the very best Buckeye team possible. It’s the only way. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Nope. I want an undefeated tOSU rolling into AA in late November.

If this is really finally our year, of which I now have much doubt, but if it is I don’t want to beat some 6-5 Luke Fickell tOSU team. No excuses from tOSU fans, other than Meyer leaving of course (which they’re mostly happy about now but if Day goes 9-3 & loses to us they’ll no doubt be crying a river), undefeated hopefully #1 in the country with the #1 O & #1 D in the land setting all kinds of records. I want to beat the very best Buckeye team possible. It’s the only way. 
    For clarity, heading into The Game the last 15 years, Ohio State has only been ranked outside of the top 10, twice.

Both of those years they were unranked.

Michigan has 1 win in that timeframe, and only in an unranked year.

I’d love to beat them ‘at their best’, but their best has been way better than Michigan’s best, unfortunately.
    Count me in for anything we can get... ha.

Go Blue!
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    I’d love to beat them ‘at their best’, but their best has been way better than Michigan’s best, unfortunately.
    +1
  • edited September 6
    zjgm02 said:
    Gr8Mckay said:
    +1
    Yep.  A win is a win no matter how good or bad OSU is!!!

Sparty had a nice run against us when Michigan was arguably in it's worst stretch of football in the history of the program but I don't remember any Sparty fans wishing they were beating Michigan at it's best...
  • You guys can lie to yourselves all you want, beating Luke Fickell’s 6-6 tOSU team was nowhere near as satisfying as it would’ve been to beat one of Meyer’s undefeated top 5 teams. 

Yes a win is a win, & beggars can’t be choosers & we’re definitely beggars, but if given my druthers I’d greatly prefer to stomp a great tOSU team as opposed to a mediocre one. But to each their own I suppose.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    You guys can lie to yourselves all you want, beating Luke Fickell’s 6-6 tOSU team was nowhere near as satisfying as it would’ve been to beat one of Meyer’s undefeated top 5 teams. 

Yes a win is a win, & beggars can’t be choosers & we’re definitely beggars, but if given my druthers I’d greatly prefer to stomp a great tOSU team as opposed to a mediocre one. But to each their own I suppose.
    Just sharing for perspective.  In 2011, The Game was hard fought.  With 1:59 left Michigan kicked a FG to go up 40-34.
    At 1:40 remaining, Miller overthrew a wide open Posey that likely would have put Ohio State up by 1.
    With :39 left, Avery picked off Miller to seal the win.
    I celebrated with my 3 year old son in my arms.  One of the happiest moments in my life.
    My son is now 11.  He doesn’t remember anything about that game or moment.  He’s only known the heartache from losing each year since.

My point is, no matter the circumstances, or what some people call, ‘a win that should be less satisfying, because the Buckeyes were 6-6’, they forget the context of what happened in that game.  That was a great win, regardless of records.

As Charles Woodson coined fall camp in ‘97: “just win.”

I’m with you, beating them at their best would be beyond belief.  But I’ll take any win, and happily celebrate it with my son, without prejudice.

Go Blue!
  • Meanwhile, Ohio State is beating Cincinnati 35-0 they 3 quarters....

Go Blue!!
  •  I hope he fucking makes it we don’t deserve this game we are absolutely horrible 
  •  Taking bets that we’re going to hand off to the running back off tackle with this whole newfangled offense I mean seriously what the fuck 
  • Jeez, Purdue's Sindelar has over 900 yards passing and 9 TDs in 2 games.
  • Maryland comes back to Earth struggling at Temple.
  • Maryland goes down, PSU escapes, Eastern beats Illinois, Central Florida is taking Stanford out back, MSU-ASU are trading punts and Sparty continues to put Lewerke at risk with the ball.
  • Sparty gained 404 yards of offense and scored only one TD. 3 missed FGs, and 12 guys on the field during the "tying" FG.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• I'm not sure why Douchetonio thought mixing his staff around would solve their offensive woes but clearly that was not the answer...
  • MGoBrew said:
    I'm not sure why Douchetonio thought mixing his staff around would solve their offensive woes but clearly that was not the answer...
    ‘Mike’ is getting his program back to where he found it.  The B1G isn’t what it was during his years of prosperity.  Plus, Michigan is back to getting the in-State and Midwest kids it used to.
    The Sparty slide should continue.

• Sparty's D looks pretty damn imposing (again). Despite their offense looking laughable, and given how badly Michigan dominated them last year, if they have anything to give UM will see it.

In other news, Jalen Hurts has the top QB Rating in the country and is ALSO 8th in rushing yards per game.
  • I love hearing how Lincoln Riley should leave OU for the NFL.  Why in the hell would he want to do that?  He has coached the last 2 Heisman Trophy winners and looks to have a frontrunner for a 3rd winner in a row!  His team is constantly in the conversation to make it to the CFP playoffs.  Why would he leave that to go to a job in the NFL with zero job security?  He'd be stupid to leave what he has going now in Norman!!!
  • Penn St. just embarrassed Maryland 59-0.

Go Blue!!
  • NW with 58 yards passing against Wisc through 3 quarters.

Wisc's D has scored 14.

Wisc D is tbe best in the big 10 and the best we will face all year.
  • edited September 28
    Fitz should be fired immediately.
  • edited September 28
    Don't look now

First, they upset South Carolina then they played awful vs bad teams.

Now Mack Brown got 2-2 NC up 14-7 on Clemson late in the 2nd. APP ST<NC<Clemson?

He's like the Anti Harbaugh his teams only show up as underdogs.