Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Around the Country, Season 2019 Edition

Comments

• The grind of the NFL coupled with Kelly's evident alcoholism may kill him within a season or two, so would he be fired first or forced into retirement because of his health?

It'd be funny to see if the Domers tried to talk to Meyer if they do lose Kelly. Meyer reportedly had an out clause in his Utah (and maybe Florida) contract that he could leave to coach tOSU, Michigan or ND at any time. Reading it now, I don't think Florida would've agreed to that, so it was likely only at Utah. 
  • edited January 2019
    In a BIZARRE turn of events, Donny B accepts the Temple HC job tomorrow, the Eagles get trucked this weekend, and Monday morning Jim Schwartz is announced as UM's new DC.

Bur seriously, Todd Bowles was a good DC for the AZ Cardinals, knows the game and the Secondary a BUNCH, and he just got fired. Maybe he'd want a season or two at the college level as a DC to mentor Partridge.
  • OSU Co-DC Alex Grinch to OU...

OSU may have just found the only way possible for them to addition by subtraction. No more Co-DC which alot of people felt was the reason for OSU's unstable D at times.
  • edited January 2019
    Justin Fields to OSU he is signed up plane tickets bought and expected to start classes Monday.

Seems to feel that their racism claim will get him immediate eligible and fun stat OSU fans are post this will make him  the Highest rated recruit of any position by metric in OSU HISTORY. surpassing Terrell Pryor The #2 recruit in the class where Laurence was 1.0 he was 0.998

Rashan Gary was the only other 1.0 in 247 history.

Guess we got our work cut out for us huh...

Their QB room is now
    5 star #2 QB in his class Tate Martell 
    5 Star #2 Overall to only Lawrence  Justin Fields
     and
     4 Star Baldin (high upside from same HS as Baker Mayfield that has put multiple QB's in NFL)

And our QB room is 
    Mccaffrey please??????????????????
  • I don't remember much about the Gary recruitment, so does anyone know if he voiced wanting to play DE during recruitment, or did the coaching staff move him to DE because of his freakish athletic abilities? He came out of HS as a Tackle, didn't he? Obviously, it worked out pretty well for him and the program, and it's still early for draft analysis being gospel, but it doesn't seem he'll be the #1 DE on the draft board.
  • tOSU isn’t going to fall back to our level. If we want to beat them we’re going to have to step up to theirs.
  • A couple things here…

1. Martell was a 4-star QB and #2 dual threat

2. Patterson was a 5-star QB and #4 overall

3. Milton was a 4-star QB and #9 pro style QB

4. McCaffery was a 4-star QB and #5 pro style QB

Fields & Martell have yet to prove anything and I don't think either are better than Haskins or Barrett.

Michigan's QB room is not the problem and there are no slouches in that room.

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 2019
    Well whatever it is. Year 5 and possibly not 1 QB recruited by harbaugh starting anything other than when the #1 was injured is kinda a show. McCarffey or Milton need to step up now

• Martell to Fields about picking Ohio State as a transfer destination: "word of advice: -- don't swing and miss ... especially not your second time."
    That's some good stuff from Martell...haha

Go Blue!!
  • It should absolutely be noted that Michigan’s QB room in year 5 of Harbaugh is back to the best days, if not better than ever, in program history.

I’m not going to seed Ohio State’s QB room as the preeminent super power in college football or the B1G by simply looking at recruiting rankings.  I’m not suggesting that was the intent GoBlue88, either.  
    It may play out on the field that way, but until it does, I’m certainly not worried.

Most important, Michigan used to compete with Ohio State because of the guys in the trenches.  That has clearly been one of the concerns I’ve wanted addressed since Harbaugh has taken over the reigns.  
    I think Michigan still has a ways to go to match that talent level, with clear depth. 
  • edited January 2019
    Your not gonna win a Natty without a team that can score 35 vs a top 5 D... 

Both these teams OL are dominating and the Defense of Clemson just making more plays. No way we get anywhere near a National title without an O that can average 35pts a game.

Just shows how far we have to go from the joke we are now our OL would have given up 7 sacks and punted 7 times.
  • Watching these OL’s is like a thing of beauty...

Bama fans must be going nuts...what’s a terrible fake FG call - Clemson wasn’t even rushing the kicker...just sat back and smothered that dude.

There might not be a coach on the planet that has more fun than Dabo...crazy hillbilly, haha

Go Blue!!
  • Justin Ross. Wow.

This is turning into a beat down.
  • Straight up ass kicking by Clemson tonight. WOW

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 2019
    Detroit Lions need to go 0-16 in 2020.. Lawerence in a once in a Generation type talent.. He could go #1 in april in they let him. 2 years from now he's gonna be more of a man that Nick Foles is now. How you gonna beat Clemson the next 2 years with a NFL Rookie of the year in waiting on their roster?
  • edited January 2019
    So I got it the lions keep Patricia 2 years make sure he goes 0-16 in 2020. Fire him Hire Dabo Sweeny as coach of the Lions with Trevor Lawrence as the #1 Draft pick.
  • Watching teams like Clemson and Bama only solidify my thought that winning 10 games in a power 5 conf in a college football season is good, not great, but good...so Mich fans need to chill (including me). Haha

Go Blue!!
  • 2020 College Football Odds:

Clemson 9/5
    Alabama 5/2
    Ohio St 12/1
    Georgia 12/1
    Michigan 14/1
    Oklahoma 15/1
    Texas 20/1
    Nebraska 25/1
    Washington 25/1
    Florida 25/1
    Notre Dame 25/1
    Oregon 30/1
    Wisconsin 50/1
    LSU 50/1

Go Blue!!
  • And I bet if we look around the web we’d find some idiot who started a thread last night calling for Saban to be fired. 

All fanbases are the same. 
  • And I bet if we look around the web we’d find some idiot who started a thread last night calling for Saban to be fired. 

All fanbases are the same. 
    Maybe not fired but the Jets probably calling him up like we got 10 Mil a year and you Can Run New York. Bama is falling apart how bout it?
  • Thinking that you can in anyway compare Michigan fans calling for Harbaugh’s ouster (after accomplishing exactly nothing) to Bama fans calling for Saban’s ouster (after having built the greatest CFB dynasty ever) just proves how unseriously you should be taken. 
  • edited January 2019
    Jabes0623 said:
    Thinking that you can in anyway compare Michigan fans calling for Harbaugh’s ouster (after accomplishing exactly nothing) to Bama fans calling for Saban’s ouster (after having built the greatest CFB dynasty ever) just proves how unseriously you should be taken. 
    That’s ok everyone already does that with you. 
  • As much as football evolves, having a dominating O-line and D-line will win you a lot of football games and championships.

Clemson owned the LOS last night.  That was an incredible effort by a group of very talented players.  Might not see something like that, in a championship game, done again for some time.
    Though, didn’t they say next year all Clemson’s O-line will be seniors?  Crazy.

• Gr8Mckay said:
    As much as football evolves, having a dominating O-line and D-line will win you a lot of football games and championships.

Clemson owned the LOS last night.  That was an incredible effort by a group of very talented players.  Might not see something like that, in a championship game, done again for some time.
    Though, didn’t they say next year all Clemson’s O-line will be seniors?  Crazy.

Crazy  good on both side of their line...all their specialty guys comes aback, QB/RB/WR’s...etc...but they lose some incredible experience and dominance on the line(s).

Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson just absolutely shredded Saban’s D...it was almost as it he focused his recruiting the last couple years to bring in QB’s/RB’s/WR’s, etc...to keep up with the Jones’s in cfball...and got snake bit on D side of the ball

Go Blue!!
  • Interesting.  Any early predictions?
  • edited January 2019
    OSU QB Tate Martell is looking to transfer now.

Nobody wants to compete anymore.

Go Blue!!
  • So Haskins goes to the draft, Martell transfers, in comes Fields but has to sit a year (because you know the whole "racism caused me to leave UGA" ain't going to fly with the NCAA).  I am thinking Day and company are going to make a play for Jalen Hurts next year with Fields in play for 2020.  Safe to say Michigan is proper fucked in November again if that happens...ugh!

GO BLUE!

• Winbush Apparently Leaning to PSU.

Very Interesting and would be a perfect fit to take over fro trace.